SDF Comparison

The6ftTallAZN

I'm just wondering if anyone has a pic of the Macross, Megaroad and new Macross class together. I tried looking using the search function with no luck. I do know that from largest to smallest it goes from the new Macross, then the Megaroad, and the Macross is the smallest.

Thank Everyone,

-Kyle

The Macross was 1210m long.

The Megaroad colony class was 1620m long (planned length-according to the compendium - however that is debatable as a picture of the 4000m long NUPETIET-VERGNITZS CLASS ship was pictured along side the Megaroad and the megaroad appeared to be at least a 1000m longer in "Flashback 2012 Graffitti")

The New Macross City ship is 7770m long, not including the Battle 7 carrier.

The Battle 7 Carrier is 1510m long...

So the total length of the New Macross City ship would be 9280m in combined length.

Actually its total length is 7770 meters, battle section being 1510, powerplant 800, and city section 5000.

The math doesn't add up there bud.

Combining those numbers gets us 7310m, so something is missing, but the line art says the same as what you say, so where did the remaining 460m go?

Edited by Zinjo

The math doesn't add up there bud.

Combining those numbers gets us 7310m, so something is missing, but the line art says the same as what you say, so where did the remaining 460m go?

Very long interconnects?

The cannon is counted separately from Battle 7?

The 'feet' of the Battle 7 slip inside of the connector joint between it and City 7.

Hmm, not THAT much. 460m is nearly 1/3 the length of the warship...

Now there are notations in Macross 7: Animation Materials that may shed more light on the overall length.

We may be attributing 7770m as the length when it may very well be the azimuth of the outer shell of City 7... :blink:

Macross & Megaroad, in scale with each other. From the gold book.

To be fair, it's damn near impossible to find a decent picture of the Megaroad, though I remember seeing a decent scan over in the fanworsk section not that long ago.

post-4460-1164870174_thumb.jpg

Edited by grebo guru

Macross & Megaroad, in scale with each other. From the gold book.

That is the chassis (approx. 1620m) upon which the Colony class ship was contructed.

The colony class Megaroad was substantially larger than the original SDF-2 Battleship.

IPB Image