1/60 VF-11

kaiotheforsaken

Well we have a 21 thread, and a 19 thread, and while the 11 doesnt seem to have as many fans as the other two. I think it deserves its own spot on the boards for speculation. In terms of updates, I'd really just like some better leg posability and a more streamlined shoulder section. Oh yeah and if they could do away with the giant joints on the wings that'd be nice. Oh and bigger tail fins i 'spose.

Like I said, it doesnt seem to have as many fans. However it was the valks design that got me interested in Macross in the first place, and now I am quite a fan. I'd like to see it get some love and be released prior to or at the same time as the 21. It is still my fav valk.

Seeing pics of the VF-11B online somewhere got me back into Macross. It's one of my favorites too.

If Yamato does make a YF-21 I'm certain they'll also do a VF-11B. I just hope they solve the heatshield problem.

*edit* spelling

Edited by Dante74

It has many sets of armour and colour schemes too. If they get the M3 licence, then they can pull off the same mold as a VF-X-11 Prototype Max and Millia's.

Atmospheric and Space FAST Packs and also Ful Armour and Atmospheric rocket boosters. Sweetness.

I always wanted to get a larger VF-11 with fastpacks(not the one that yamato made either) or the full armor set from M7. So that being said, I recall that people used to comment that that VF-11 we currently have was actually about 1/55 scale, and not 1/72 scale, which scale is correct for the original VF-11 by yamato?

I am really hoping for the VF-11 to see light also.

Why?

-Full Armour set (with BFGunpod)

-FAST Pack set

-Bayonette

etc. . . . .

To tell truth; Yamato should ship it with the Fast Packs the first time around.

Then the rockets.

And last the Full Armour set. . .

But if we only get the jet alone and nothing else its better than nothing. . . :rolleyes:

Edited by DARKWIND

I always wanted to get a larger VF-11 with fastpacks(not the one that yamato made either) or the full armor set from M7. So that being said, I recall that people used to comment that that VF-11 we currently have was actually about 1/55 scale, and not 1/72 scale, which scale is correct for the original VF-11 by yamato?

Yeah, I remember hearing something like that too. Although I thought the one we already had was 1/65 scale. Either way, it seems like a 1/60 would be only ever-so-slightly larger than the existing toy. Maybe the VF-11 needs the 1/48 treatment! :)

I think if Yamato does make a VF-11 that they'll pretty make do what they're doing with the YF-19 when it comes to FAST packs and stuff, by just giving us the valk and making us buy the packs and other accessories later. Either way I'm still vey hopeful for a Thunderbolt.

Studio Half Eye figured out a shield mechanism that worked: it did not require tape and kept the shield on the valk.

It was not two pieces or anime accurate in its function….

That will be a pleasant surprise if Yamato can figure that out.

Seeing pics of the VF-11B online somewhere got me back into Macross. It's one of my favorites too.

If Yamato does make a YF-21 I'm certain they'll also do a VF-11B. I just hope they solve the heatshield problem.

*edit* spelling

why cant they just make the cockpit rotates ala the JM? It saves time and energy figuring out the mechanism for the heatshield...

just kiddin. :)

There's basically only tiny little screen-shot pics of it in VFX2. It's generally Jolly Rogers-ish, but follows US Navy coloring practices even closer than Roy's. I keep thinking 1960's F-8 when I see it. I'll do a (bad) coloring of the VF-11 line art tonight to show it, unless one of our resident artists does it first.

Studio Half Eye figured out a shield mechanism that worked: it did not require tape and kept the shield on the valk.

It was not two pieces or anime accurate in its function….

That will be a pleasant surprise if Yamato can figure that out.

IPB Image

Interesting.. Perhaps one can modify SHE's method. Have the top half flip over like the SHE model and have the bottom half slide up.

Ok, here's a quick rendition of the VFX-2 scheme. Now, a "real" VFX-2 VF-11 I think would incorporate all the normal VF-11 markings, like the stripes on the legs and ventral fins, which every other VF-11 has, but doesn't seem to be in the VFX version. So if you added black and yellow to the legs and ventral fins, you'd have a very cool VF-11---maybe continue the striping pattern on the rudder. Also, the wingtips are black and yellow, but it's hard to see.

Finally---I used my "modified tailfin" version of the VF-11---the "official" sideview just does NOT fit Kawamori's drawings nor the anime', and the tailfin pattern from VFX won't fit at all---the VFX model is also similar to how I drew it.