Sony Playstation Portable Thread

twich

It's a 4 piece plastic case that apparently works as an outercasing for the PSP, while still allowing access to all ports/buttons/disc drive/ etc. Plus it has logo's & such reflecting Metal Gear PO.

There's a small picture of it here MGSPO case

Oh, cool.... I've already got a good skin for mine, but that one's pretty sweet too... picked it up this morning, and played for like an hour... it's really good, the controls are alright, but I realized how rusty I am at MGS stealthing... I did horrible,.... hopefully once I get the hang of these controls I'll be back to super-undetectableness, but the game is awesome looking and sounding so far.... I'm very happy.

anybody have any ideas where I might get a strategy guide for Killzone:Liberation? I am really trying to get started on the game and I am so out of touch with the story, a strategy guide might help me out. Thanks!

Also, how is the single player portion of Metal Gear Solid:PO? Is it tight and playable in Portable Format? I am really wondering if I should get the game, and I am NOT into the online, player vs Player thing.

Twich

anybody have any ideas where I might get a strategy guide for Killzone:Liberation? I am really trying to get started on the game and I am so out of touch with the story, a strategy guide might help me out. Thanks!

Also, how is the single player portion of Metal Gear Solid:PO? Is it tight and playable in Portable Format? I am really wondering if I should get the game, and I am NOT into the online, player vs Player thing.

Twich

It is as good as a console version of MGS...it is broken up into smaller missions at a time though, since it is a portable. It continues the story after Snake Eater...Fox Hound!! ;)

I'm not huge on the PVP stuff eitehr, but the single player of MGS:PO is AMAZING! I've been playting it since I got it last weekend... it's simply incredible, very well broken up into small (but sweet) missions, and feels great... looks better than the origianl MGS too. I couldn't be happier.

I love Salamander and Gradius. But all these oldshool game collections ain't very innovative.

There are too many PSX/PS2 converted or emulated games. When will the games industry start to create "real" PSP games?

PSP the better PC-Engine?!

[attachmentid=39204]

post-1730-1166831407_thumb.jpg

So anyone have asny ideas when they will have an update that will allow you to download PS1 game straight to your PSP without the PS3? I am really looking forward to that, I have some games I would love to play again!

Twich

A few days ago a custom PSP firmware (3.02 OE-B) was released that allows you to play Playstation 1 games on the PSP. It uses the PS1 emulator Sony built into the 3.0x series of firmware.

You can find out more info about that firmware here. The site is a bit slow today. Be prepared to do a lot of reading to get caught up if you haven't been flowing the PSP homebrew scene.

Here are a few blurry pics of Macross VFX2 on the PSP.

VFX2 plays fine. So does Symphony of the Night. The PSP just got a massive injection of quality titles. It is unfortunate that Sony didn't excute well at all and will likely not profit much from the PS1 emulation.

[attachmentid=39275]

[attachmentid=39276]

post-240-1167286341_thumb.jpg

post-240-1167286359_thumb.jpg

I'd like a 2D Castlevania like SOTN but...with better graphics than the hardware that the DS gives us. I didn't listen to the interview...what was said...2D or 3D Castlevania on PSP?

• 4 weeks later...

Castlevania PSP ... (prequel to SOTN)

Not only that but SOTN is included with a new translation.. thankfully

After six years of nonstop support for Nintendo's portable devices, Konami is finally branching out to Sony's side of the handheld market with Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles -- a port of the PC Engine Duo's Dracula X: Rondo of Blood. The title, announced at their annual Gamers' Day press event, contains not only a graphically-enhanced version of Rondo of Blood with a 3D facelift, but the original version as well as -- are you ready? A straight port of the legendary Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, complete with full-screen graphics and a newly glossed over translation.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/01/castleva...veiled-for-psp/

I love Salamander and Gradius. But all these oldshool game collections ain't very innovative.

There are too many PSX/PS2 converted or emulated games. When will the games industry start to create "real" PSP games?

PSP the better PC-Engine?!

[attachmentid=39204]

Yeah, it's not like Lumines or Loco Roco are PSP games. Neither are Exit or Mercury and Mercury Meltdown, or Killzone Liberation (which is not at all like the original Killzone). Forget Every Extra Extend. :p

There are also plenty of good sequels to old game franchises that are NOT ports or remakes like Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Tales of Eternia, Wipeout Pure, the two GTA games, Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins, et cetera.

There's a bunch of enhanced remakes or whatever like Megaman Powered Up, Tekken Dark Resurrection, et cetera, but come on, saying there are not good PSP games or that the only PSP games are ports is soooo 2005.

Well PSP does have too many ports but its getting a little better nowadays.

more Castlevania PSP coverage. Due Fall 07

http://psp.ign.com/articles/760/760806p1.html

Of course, Rondo Arranged is just one of the games available in Dracula X Chronicles, as both the original Rondo of Blood and its highly-acclaimed sequel, Symphony of the Night are also included. The latter two games are planned as "unlockables" once you've completed the Arranged experience, and as an added bonus, Symphony of the Night will boast some all-new additions as well.

Edited by dejr8bud

Not only that but SOTN is included with a new translation.. thankfully

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/02/01/castleva...veiled-for-psp/

edit: the icing on the cake it has both Rondo original and SOTN, which is awesome.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

• 2 weeks later...

Wow this is great news !!! But i suppose the question is will the game allow you to have the option of playing any of the titles in it or will it be a continuous play. I mean say for example we get really excited and would like to play SOTN before Rondo

I'm pretty sure you'd be able to pick from the 3 at the start:

Original Rondo

Arranged Rondo

Enhanced SOTN (With redone voices finally!)