What will happen to the Macross Plus 1/72's?

Excillon

Do you think we're going to see a price drop on the original 1/72's since we're now getting the 1/60's? I'm wondering if there's going to be a big rush to unload these apparently far inferior toys, because maybe I should unload mine now.

My first adult Macross toy was the 1/72 YF-21. After 7 years, and owing every single Yamato product it is still one of my favorites (also own the VF-11 the YF-19 and VF-19A). So, no, I'm not going to sell the 1/72 Mac plus line :)

The 19 has always been my favorite, so I was psyched about the new one and sitll can't wait, but I also really do like the 1/72 line, flaws and all... so they're not going anywhere. PLUS I managed to break one of the hips of my 19 about a mnth ago, so I went out and bought all the parts for the hip ball-joint mod and did it along with some paint job details added.... looks pretty nice.... gotta post some pics still.

Definately looking forward to a 1/60 11 or 21

already sold my 1/72s. I thought about keeping

them for the sake of having them but ... there

not in scale so i sold them. That works.

Looking towards the future.

they will be considered "vintage" toys and some crazy completist is going to want them eventually, especially if they're sealed.

the prices for these might drop like the 1/60s when the 1/48s first came out, but the 1/60's is making a comeback...a slow comeback but still....

I'm with Hat...erm Do Not Disturb. There's going to be a big price decrease (not as severe as the 1/60 VF-1 though which dropped below MPC pricing for a while). The 1/72 benefits from a couple things. 1) The toys are very hard to keep in pristine shape so excellent samples will demand a premium. 2) They've been out for a while now giving them a nostalgia factor. The 1/60 VF-1 was still being released when the 1/48 began production so there were tons of 1/60 still in circulation when the 1/48 showed up. This isn't the case with the 1/72 which has been out of production and already became scarce. The other thing to consider is the 1/60 YF-19 will have a huge price and the decrease in value for the 1/72 may actually make them a more viable option for people who just wan ANY Yf-19 toy. Then, 5 years from now, the 1/72 will be the diecast collectors item while the 1/60 YF-19 will be in it's 5th reissue.

they will be considered "vintage" toys and some crazy completist is going to want them eventually, especially if they're sealed.

the prices for these might drop like the 1/60s when the 1/48s first came out, but the 1/60's is making a comeback...a slow comeback but still....

Kinda agree on that. A couple of months ago, there was a surge of people that wanted 1/60 VF-1s again.

Kinda agree on that. A couple of months ago, there was a surge of people that wanted 1/60 VF-1s again.

I'll agree as well. I had the VF-1S 1/60 which I paid 40 dollars for, but then about 5 months ago I landed a 1/60 strike so I figured hell with it, sell the original. I actually sold it for 58 on ebay. So I made 18 bucks on a decaled, transformed multiple times toy.

The 1/60 Vf-1 series is getting a bit of a boost because of Yamato's apparent push of that scale going forward for the Q-Raus, VF-0's, YF-19, etc.

Unless they pop up with a new improved version in that scale, you'd need one of the old ones to display an 'in scale' collection, despite the 1/48's obvious superiority.

The 1/72 Yamatos will have a place next to the 1/72 Hasegawa models and the ?1/100? Studio Half Eyes.

Since the SHEs seem to be just less than 1/72 and the only place for a variable VF-4 and VF-5000.

Hasegawa 1/72 is the only SV-51, F-14 and Mig 29 on the street unless Yamato adds them to future productions.

The YF-19 and YF-21 toys can occupy a space until the respective Hasegawa models are built.

There are also 1/72 Zentradi mechs since the only thing in 1/60 is the Q.

Edit: Plus can not forget the service vehicles in 1/72. http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...=19330&st=0

Edited by Fly4victory

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

Now that the review is posted, has anyone changed thier minds?

I don't know about selling mine, but I am considering re-boxing and storing them to make room.

Anyone want to make me an offer for a complete set of 6 boxed Mac+ toys? :p:)

Edited by Roy's Blues

The 19 has always been my favorite, so I was psyched about the new one and sitll can't wait, but I also really do like the 1/72 line, flaws and all... so they're not going anywhere. PLUS I managed to break one of the hips of my 19 about a mnth ago, so I went out and bought all the parts for the hip ball-joint mod and did it along with some paint job details added.... looks pretty nice.... gotta post some pics still.

[/quote

Wait wasn't that originally mine? I sold it in excellent shape and you broke it!? :p

vinnie

I got my 1/72 VF-11B FastPack the day before and it is simply beautiful. I got 1/72 YF-21 Fastpack and I don't like it cause it gives me lots of headaches when transforming. I can never get it right in one go. I don't have YF-17 or YF-19A (Yet) but VF-11B is clearly my favourite

I guess the determining factor that leads to the huge price drop of Yamato's VF-1's is the fact that the 1/60s have removable legs while the 1/48s feature perfect transformation + they look way better.

In the case of Macross Plus 1/72 & 1/60, both feature perfect transformations, and in comparison to the 1/60s (Mac +), the 1/72s dont look all that bad, at least in battroid mode (vf-19A or yf-19). So, I wouldnt expect a huge price drop for the 1/72s ala the 1/60..

just my RM 0.02 which converts to USD 0.00563316 :p

Edited by aaajin

Bump.

I don't know about selling mine, but I am considering re-boxing and storing them to make room.

nah not me, i'm gonna display the 1/72's in whatever mode that the 1/60's isn't.

i'd re-box them if they were yet another version of a VF-1, but i don't mind making some room for the macplus valks. :)

I was looking that the VF-11 last night after reading that the scale was more 1/60 verses the advertised 1/72.

Thinking it would have a place next to the 0 and the new 19.

Compairing the size of the pilot to 1/72 hasegawas do not think the old 11 is 1/60.

So it will stay in the 1/72 model case.

just my RM 0.02 which converts to USD 0.00563316 :p

Bump.

Anyone want to make me an offer for a complete set of 6 boxed Mac+ toys? :p:)

when my 1/60 YF-19 gets here, I'll decide then.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, if we're gonna see a big price drop... and we are... now would be the time it'd be worst. The first 1/60 Mac+ toy is here, the others are all anticipated. It won't be until a couple years after the 1/60 line are old news before anyone cares about the 1/72 again. Still, those prices seem even lower than I'd have thought... too bad.

IMHO, theres something very collectible about owning the very 1st newly designed macross toy.

besides someone who picks up the 1/60 version will be sitting there like "what? theres a 1/72 version of this toy, i gots to have it!" much like how people have 30 different VF-1's, every type of mospeada toy known to man, and anything else thats macross/robotech. thats not to say these will be worth gazillions, but i still think they'll hold some value to the diehards as well as the late-comers into the hobby.