What's lying on your workbench? MKII

TSP

Guest Bromgrev

Interesting too see that people know Buck Rogers here.

Just showing our age ... :unsure:

The Thunder Fighter is one of the hottest starship designs ever. I should complete my Monogram kit one day.
Yep, always loved that ship. One of my many regrets in life is not having had the cash to buy it when I saw it in a shop in Dublin in '82. That pilot sculpt actually looks almost like Buck - maybe with a touch of Wilma thrown in ... :p

That pilot sculpt actually looks almost like Buck - maybe with a touch of Wilma thrown in ... :p

I actually aimed for Wilma, but had to settle with buck :p

It was a childhood trauma for me that I didn't buy the kit when I had it in my hands. Got this one from Blackaces.

-i-

Which kit is that??? It's not fair how many RC tanks you get....

you can get it here. http://www.lanworldinc.com/Model.htm and it cost less than the Tamiya kits. It is made to be static but is easily converted to RC.

I have 7 1/16 scale 1 1/9 scale and 2 1/6 scale now. I think i have reached the tank limit unless i sell some.

More Falke

Got the Toyota S800 in today courtesy of Masayuki Fujii (Masa) over on the Ma.KZbV3000 board. This will be used to replace the hack job I did getting the hatch off. Going to try to cast a copy, wish me luck.

Actually i dont think ill be getting the Panther. Im burnt out on WW2 german armor. Modern is more of a challenge and i noticed catches the eye better since its so rarely seen. I have the ONLY 1/6 Leopard 2 in Utah let alone the entire US. There are a suprising number of tigers and panthers running around with a smattering of other variants.

BTW heres some pics of the Girl as she is. I had to fill some cracks and sink marks in the fiberglass which necessitated a total repaint. I have base coated it in Nato green now and will be applying the black and brown as soon as my fine airbrush gets here.

post-2293-1169800507_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1169800520_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1169800532_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1169800543_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1169800560_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1169800584_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1169800610_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1169800629_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1169800643_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1169800656_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1169800670_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1169800682_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1169800694_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1169800708_thumb.jpg

Actually i dont think ill be getting the Panther. Im burnt out on WW2 german armor. Modern is more of a challenge and i noticed catches the eye better since its so rarely seen. I have the ONLY 1/6 Leopard 2 in Utah let alone the entire US. There are a suprising number of tigers and panthers running around with a smattering of other variants.

BTW heres some pics of the Girl as she is. I had to fill some cracks and sink marks in the fiberglass which necessitated a total repaint. I have base coated it in Nato green now and will be applying the black and brown as soon as my fine airbrush gets here.

I'm confused, I thought you already completed a Leapord tank? Was that one a smaller size?

What's sitting on my workbench?...

About 18 sanded, polished and coated hase vf-1 canopies and 18 valks still on sprue...sitting there and taking up space while I'm in lazy mode enjoying instant gratification from 1/48 yammie love :p

I'm confused, I thought you already completed a Leapord tank? Was that one a smaller size?

BINGO! The other one was 1/16 scale this one is 1/6. The hull is about 5 feet long the whole model is 6 feet long including barrel and it weighs in at around 165-170 pounds. These things are the ultimate in RC tanking.

BINGO! The other one was 1/16 scale this one is 1/6. The hull is about 5 feet long the whole model is 6 feet long including barrel and it weighs in at around 165-170 pounds. These things are the ultimate in RC tanking.

Oh I see..... cuckoo lol :ph34r::lol:

well...'cept it's not metal....

let's see, on my bench i've got a 1:24 tamiya wrx which is the first time i've been able to find a model of my own car, a paper regult, a 1:10 nitro r/c truck in dire need of cleanup and rebuild, and my 1:48 roy waiting for it's anasazi decals. note to self: never EVER try to build another paper model while quitting smoking.

Finished camo coating the leopard 2 and am now working on a couple 1/35 patlabor Ingram 98s until i can get some run and fun time this weekend with it.

Sorry HWR MKII! I just couldn't resist. :lol: The German tank drivers reminds me of some movie actors. ^_^

Oh! And on the bench lthere is an AMT/Ertl ISD.

Edit: Picture removed.

Edited by TSP

Thanks. I wish I had a 1/72 to go with all the Hasegawa.

The chrome finish is had to work with and Bandai did not hide many of the cut points to remove the parts from the tree.

Had to use H23 shine red and then H90 Clear Red for the touch up.

I know I keep mentioning how I was redoing all the joints in John's brand new Tomahawk to be fully articulated and stay articulated using Yellow Submarine Ball joints and various size plastic rod and tubing and polycaps, so here it is, finally ready to be shown. John, I hope you're not too hurt by my making your amaizng kit into a bit more of an action figure :razz:

The only joint I left as is were the shoulder elevation (outward with the big peg) because that work was already done and didn't need any improvement, altho one will need some tightening up with paint. The shoulder swivel was done with big plastic tubing and a big polycap, the elbows were done with a polycap on the cannon arm for elevation, and one added to the forarm for sideways rotation. The waist had a YS ball joint added, antho it is limited to mostly rotation side to side. The hips and ankles have YS ball joints, as do the pistons in the ankles to not hinder ankle movement. The knees are the only real funny part, as they are not articulated, but rather will be swappable for a bent knee part I still need to sculpt, and are made swappable via the same size plastic tubing adn polycap joint as used on the shoulders. The whole assembly is rock solid now, and will only get more secure once painted. This kit was an absolute blast to build and mod, and I can't wait to paint it! I'm just glad I proved to myself that I could actually pull something like this off. The only detail tweaks I did were to enhance the rivets ith an awl tool, and to make new headcannons that have a much heavier machine gun feel than the somewhat non-descript gun pieces included in the kit. A big thanks goes out to John for making it and making it so well!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Yeah well, my Tomahawk's dad could beat up your Tomahawk's dad :p

Seriosuly dude, you built that thing unreasonably fast... I had mine for a week and just finished it, you had yours for like, two days and have it totally done there... ridiculous! Did you decide how you're going to paint it yet?

Won't putting it all together like that make it hard to paint?

Looks really cool, if you did it that fast it couldn't have been that difficult. Did you list out all the extra parts you used?