I have seen it all now:

jorawar_b

• 2 months later...

lol. Actually, I think either spelling is correct as both are legit (albeit different) names. My comment was just a subtle jab at Robotech for changing it to Fokker. I guess they thought us American children would have too much fun with a name like Focker.

Edited by mister_e

How long before a Japanese member takes offense to that comment?

Why would they be offended by that?

I could no more spell something in Kanjii and I'm not offended if anyone cares to mention it. Dont' be so sensitive.

Edited by Skull-1

lol. Actually, I think either spelling is correct as both are legit (albeit different) names. My comment was just a subtle jab at Robotech for changing it to Fokker. I guess they thought us American children would have too much fun with a name like Focker.

Hikaru is playing with a Fokker biplane in Macross. The link is obvious.

I am sure Sir Anthony would be not-so-pleasantly amused to see his name spelled with a "C" in the middle.

Edited by Skull-1

I think we also actually see Focker in a Fokker at one point as well. I seem to remember him like flying away and dropping a hankerchief or something? I didn't say *I* was insulted by the mispelling thing, I simply stated that someone may be. They would be offended by the statement because it could be read to infer some form of inability, as if the Japanese could never figure out something as complex as anglo-germanic languages or surnames. Now, if you don't mind, I'll be off in the Japanese Engrish thread. :D

Edited by jenius

I think we also actually see Focker in a Fokker at one point as well. I seem to remember him like flying away and dropping a hankerchief or something? I didn't say *I* was insulted by the mispelling thing, I simply stated that someone may be. They would be offended by the statement because it could be read to infer some form of inability, as if the Japanese could never figure out something as complex as anglo-germanic languages or surnames. Now, if you don't mind, I'll be off in the Japanese Engrish thread. :D

ROTFLMAO! :)

hey nick, where's the pictures of your old civic? you should post it up. At least nick had the skull and crossbones on. This needs more. If your gonna go that far might as well go all the way! Make a black carbon fiber hood and put a skull and crossbones on it! :D:p:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still looking for the dark blue late-model Celica that I saw twice in college. The owner had put a huge image of a strike or super -1S along with the flying kite symbol. It was pretty impressive and I stood in the parking lot and gawked at it for several minutes before noticing that he had labeled the -1S as a "veritech". That was kinda disappointing.