How to make Decals???

Jasonc

I have 2 questions, Chris:

How much will be the shipping cost to Spain? and the 2nd maybe is a suggestion:

Why don't you add the name of the pilots for the generic decals of the 1/48 VF1? It is the only thing I miss in these fantastic decals.

Here's what I did and I am in *NO* way suggesting that someone do this for profit but.....

I ordered a *TON* of Devin's sets for my Valks. On my low viz set I screwed up one of the panel lines so I scanned the one for the opposite side into PaintShop, reversed it, and printed one on decal film. I think it turned out about 95% as good as the originals. With the naked eye you cannot tell the difference. It was the only choice I had now that he has retired on me!!!!!! LOL

:)

The only problem is, I do not know the long-term quality of the decal film. I have a feeling the left wing will last 100 years because that one is Devin's and the right one will wrinkle and die in six months becuase that one is mine.

LOL

Edited by Skull-1

Here's what I did and I am in *NO* way suggesting that someone do this for profit but.....

I ordered a *TON* of Devin's sets for my Valks. On my low viz set I screwed up one of the panel lines so I scanned the one for the opposite side into PaintShop, reversed it, and printed one on decal film. I think it turned out about 95% as good as the originals. With the naked eye you cannot tell the difference. It was the only choice I had now that he has retired on me!!!!!! LOL

The only problem is, I do not know the long-term quality of the decal film. I have a feeling the left wing will last 100 years because that one is Devin's and the right one will wrinkle and die in six months becuase that one is mine.

LOL

Thats optimisum for you :p

The pilot names are already included on the generic 1/48 A/S/J sheet. Ichijo, Focker, and Jenius. They are right below the kite symbols in the "Nosecone" section of the sheet. :D

I have 2 questions, Chris:

How much will be the shipping cost to Spain? and the 2nd maybe is a suggestion:

Why don't you add the name of the pilots for the generic decals of the 1/48 VF1? It is the only thing I miss in these fantastic decals.

The LV set is pretty much the only one where you can get away with rescanning and reprinting one of my already printed sets because 90+% of the designs are either transparent color or solid black when applied. If you printed yours using an inkjet, the ink will likely fade in a few years, but if you printed them with a laser jet they have a fighting chance of lasting as long as the ones I printed. ;)

If you need more, Chris (Night Stalker) will be able to print all of my sets--including the 1/55 custom ones I did for you. I might also be able to find bits and pieces of free time to put design custom sets that he will print.

LOL

And for things like the CF, will you still throw teensy extra little mods on the sheet like a custom pilot name? I can't remember if that cost extra... but I think I might need it piggy-backed on one of my other decal sheets so I can replace the canopy on my CF custom.

The LV set is pretty much the only one where you can get away with rescanning and reprinting one of my already printed sets because 90+% of the designs are either transparent color or solid black when applied.

I actually scanned the Super VF-1J also because I hosed up a couple of the EJECTION SEAT DANGER symbols. I wound up redrawing them and printing again but I had to use yours to get the size.

If you printed yours using an inkjet, the ink will likely fade in a few years, but if you printed them with a laser jet they have a fighting chance of lasting as long as the ones I printed. ;)

Why do they fade? #($&*(#&$(#*&$!!!!!!

Can we use a UV protectant clear coat to help?

CRAP CRAP CRAP.

If you need more, Chris (Night Stalker) will be able to print all of my sets--including the 1/55 custom ones I did for you. I might also be able to find bits and pieces of free time to put design custom sets that he will print.

I have some nose art I may need him to print...

Edited by Skull-1