How to make Decals???

Jasonc

I know for me personally, I'd like another set of the super Ostrich decals for a 1/55 scale, as well as the 1/55 Khakizaki. I'm also wanting to do a Blue Roses custom for a 1/55, so as you can see, I am wanting to get busy on a few customs. I'm more of a 1/55 enthusiast, along with a few others. I've also been interested in another Minmay guard set of decals, for both the moon act and Paris act versions. All again, 1/55 scale. :D

Night Stalker and I are still trying to work out all of the details, but things are looking good. I'll likely be creating new sets that he'll print--including the YF-19. That much I can still squeeze in during some free time on the weekends. Availability of sets and the option to customize them is still a big question mark. The worst case scenario is that this might end up being a limited production run situation when only certain amounts of certain sets are produced, so definitely let us know what sets you need. I have a pretty good idea of which ones are the most popular based on what's been ordered over the past few years, but we'd like your input as well.

I know for me personally, I'd like another set of the super Ostrich decals for a 1/55 scale, as well as the 1/55 Khakizaki. I'm also wanting to do a Blue Roses custom for a 1/55, so as you can see, I am wanting to get busy on a few customs. I'm more of a 1/55 enthusiast, along with a few others. I've also been interested in another Minmay guard set of decals, for both the moon act and Paris act versions. All again, 1/55 scale. :D

How about this for an idea..

The kind of custom work you did in the past obviously takes up time. So maybe next time someone wants something custom, they draw it out themselves.

The way I see it may be you could save as a jpg or what ever a blank version of each of the general sets.

I mean like 1/48 1/55 1/60 1/72 these would be a lower than production quality image but on a white or other neutral color backdround. They would be enough to make your custom from. Then the customiser could do the changes he/she wanted and then forward them back for printing at a higher and obviously better quality. Any custom unit insignias could be sent in too at good resolutions. It wouldnt take so much then to transfer the idea to a proper vector drawing. If it was just a simple recolor then even easier.

Im not trying to make more work for you but also I understand how lust letitng go of the originals would be detrimental to business and your work.

Just an idea I think that could be popular with the Airforce guys who like to make Valks with their units i.d`s on etc. Maybe we could come across another fan made decal set that hits it big on the main Macross kit world.

Edited by big F

Anything is possible with that. The one thing though, he wouldn't really be giving it up. There will be money involved for compensation, and we want to have everyone happy in the long run.

As far as custom runs, it can be done with your own unit decals. Once you have one set of decals to size, you can alter things to make them custom using the basic style template.

Just a quick update, everyone. We're looking at sets becoming available for purchase starting in January. That's not 100% confirmed yet (still working out some details), but I thought y'all might like to know. If I can set aside some time, I'll be designing VF-0A and YF-19 sets, too.

There happy campers all round.

Great news to hear. And here I was, getting ready to get out some dough for an ALPS printer, and stock a major amount of inks. I hope you guys know that you're the saviors of Macross cusomization. :D What good is a custom if it isn't detailed properly?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, longtime Macross fan and MWF lurker, but I just registered less than a month ago and I've never posted outside of the Toys forum. Anyhow, I've been thinking about repainting my YF-19 into the blue Super Nova scheme, but I can't find a good scan of the decals to make a vector image off of. Can someone here make a scan for me? I'll trade them a set of vector based files in return. (AI, EPS, PDF, however you want them) I would be very grateful!

Chaos,

The decals and paint scheme are scanned in the model section.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models...wa/hasegawa.htm

If that does not work just PM me and I will send a larger image.

Fly4V

Hey there, longtime Macross fan and MWF lurker, but I just registered less than a month ago and I've never posted outside of the Toys forum. Anyhow, I've been thinking about repainting my YF-19 into the blue Super Nova scheme, but I can't find a good scan of the decals to make a vector image off of. Can someone here make a scan for me? I'll trade them a set of vector based files in return. (AI, EPS, PDF, however you want them) I would be very grateful!

Sorry but no sheet for the stripes. You must mask. Besides to get everything white for the base color the valk will have to be disassembled.

It will be a great custom. Please post pictures when done since your's will be the first.

That'll work, but isn't there a sheet for the stripes? Or is that just going to be an insane masking job?

"Any news on this process of getting the decals? I'm not expecting anything because of the holidays and stuff, but hopefully everything is all set for a great new 2007 rebirth of decals."

Looking at gearing up for it in mid Jan. Still waiting on final word from Devin and we are good to go.

So should we start queing outside your house yet ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I've been watching this forum for years, but this is the first time I've needed to ask any questions. It sounds like some of you are trying to create a new set of 1/48 decals that would work on the Yamato VF-1 series. I myself would LOVE to replace these (in my opinion) fugly stickers on this figure with some beautiful waterslide decals or rub-off decals. Is anyone currently selling these or is it still in the pre-production phase? I hope you all can help, you people make some aweosme Macross figures and I'd love to get into it too.

Yup, htings are going good and should be ready soon. Anasazi and I are working out minor details to get things rolling and you guys will know very soon when you can get whatever you need.

The new YF decals should be coming as well I believe.

This is indeed good news. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok folks. Devin and I got all the details worked out, and I finally got some website space set up so you can get what you need. Check it out here....

http://www.alienprojects.com/RoboGraphics.htm

The new 1/60 YF-19 Decals are ready, as well as you can get the Minmay Guard "Paris Act".

I hadn't thought about outfitting a YF-19 with the Minmay Guard Decals.

Hmmm.... What would that look like?

Those YF-19 sample images are coarse enough that if anyone tried to use them to print or to create new decals, they wouldn't get very far. I made those images so that you could see enough to be sure the quality would be good on the actual decals you buy, but other than that they're worthless. You'd waste an awful lot of time, money, and printing supplies if you tried to use those sample images. :D

You may want to add SAMPLE or a Watermark to the YF-19 decals on your site, so someone does not steal the designs