Macross DYRL...In English!

Hikuro

I can use you for a role, Kamjin's open right now, it's small since he only appears and dies, I got other roles I can use you for too that are Zentradie.

IF that was directed to me GREAT!

Just send me the lines (assuming you have appropriate voice cues as to How you want them said) ;D

I have DYRL, but not sure which version (it is subtitled though) I will have to watch it again as I don't remember Kamjin at all in it (AKA Khyron). Ironic, I write about his son in my fanfic and I'm about to voice his father... :D

I do most of my VA modding in the morning when I get off work or mornings on weekends. I usually turn out 20-30 lines a day. (I like to get it all done at once). and then send them off for evaluation by the teams, get the reply, do the redubs, then after adequate performance wait for them to process it into the project.

Looking forward to participating!

IF that was directed to me GREAT!

Just send me the lines (assuming you have appropriate voice cues as to How you want them said) ;D

I have DYRL, but not sure which version (it is subtitled though) I will have to watch it again as I don't remember Kamjin at all in it (AKA Khyron). Ironic, I write about his son in my fanfic and I'm about to voice his father...

I do most of my VA modding in the morning when I get off work or mornings on weekends. I usually turn out 20-30 lines a day. (I like to get it all done at once). and then send them off for evaluation by the teams, get the reply, do the redubs, then after adequate performance wait for them to process it into the project.

Looking forward to participating!

We try to avoid using the HG terminologies here :p j/k

Yes you'll be doing Kamjin, along with other Zentradie, probably some for Segment two, some groaning and being angry at the Minmay doll that sort of stuff.

But good to know your return stats are high, that's a plus.

NOW FOR THE BIG BIG UPDATE!

The first segment is complete, though there will be more tweeks for the final release, this is pretty much going to give you a clear idea of what the dub will look like and sound, however, the sound quality from youtube is going to BLOW and that was on purpose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv-Y16pIYpU PART 2

Part 1 is being a bit of a pestimistic butthead, but if you see Part 2, you'll surely be able to find part 1 up there. If not just click on my Screen name on youtube to find the video, and other videos I've posted.

Hey, just watched the part 2 demo, and I must say I'm really impressed with what you've got so far... I've got a few constructive comments tho if you're looking for that sort of thing, and yes I realize some of this might be bc/ of YouTube...

First, I love the whole helmet-effect on the voices of the pilots, but the tonal changes seemed really inconcistent... it was like each pilot line was done thru a different filter... there were a couple of the lines that sounded PERFECT from Hikaru and Max, but a couple sounded off.... if you could nail that consistent 'talking thru the helmet' bit, it would sound incredible. The lines around when Max kicks super-ass blwoing off the Zent's head are GREAT, but the scream from Hikaru and stuff right before that sound much tinnier and off... and then after Roy says 'Great job Jenius' Hikaru gets that really tinny noise back... but then when Hikaru blows up the Zent in front of the bridge and argues with Misa, it's spot on again... then the tinniness comes back for the 'He was gonna blast you' line...

Second, I found Roy's first line REALLY hard to understand... I'm not sure who's VAing it, and i don't want to hurt anyone's feelings if it's someone here, but it seemed like they were trying to 'gruff up' the wrong parts of the lines.. I've always seen Roy as sounding really cocky and manly, and thought that even tho I couldn't understand the Japanese VAs, the voice tone and such for Roy was perfect...

I really liked the engineers reporting that the gravity had failed... they had kinda fun voices that really stood out. Misa was really good too... I found it kinda funny how the first line she delivers to Hikaru after he nails the Zent in front of the bridge sounds so much like the HQ lines from the Terran computer in Starcraft :lol: The kid's line before the ship transforms was really well done too, and leaving the Zents lines in their language with the subs was a great move...

The only other thing that stuck out was Global saying 'Fire!'... it sounded really off to me... there seemed to be a bit of a timing issue with it, but it also seemed like it just wasn't quite the right voice... the voice seemed too upbeat and just didn't have the right timbre for the line... I guess that might not be totally fair tho, as whenever I see Global deliver a line, I imagine Sean Connery from Hunt for Red October (my personal VA pick for Global :lol:)

All in all really impressive, can't wait to see (and hear!) more.

Edited by promethuem5

First, I love the whole helmet-effect on the voices of the pilots, but the tonal changes seemed really inconcistent... it was like each pilot line was done thru a different filter... there were a couple of the lines that sounded PERFECT from Hikaru and Max, but a couple sounded off....

There's one in particular I think I know what you're talking about, there's a moment where Hikaru says "He's all yours max!" I dunno WHAT happened but it was like I couldn't fix it.

All of the filters in the vocals from helmet/radio/zentradie are all done the same way on the same filter cause I modify and use each one identicle to the last, even save the settings as "Macross Helmet" or "Zentradie Vocal"

I really liked the engineers reporting that the gravity had failed... they had kinda fun voices that really stood out.

That would be me across the board, alot of the extra voices besides 1 Zentradie were all me : / there was a Gundam Seed Destiny clip I did during last year, and I think I did 4 voices in it, and the only one who could spot my voices in them all was my girlfriend.

The kid's line before the ship transforms was really well done too, and leaving the Zents lines in their language with the subs was a great move...

Huh? What kid?

Yes, thanks for acknowledging the Zentradie Language being kept in, you got NO CLUE how difficult it is to try and accurately type in what's being said and then subbing it....I think the first scene with Exadore and Breetia took me a week to do or longer, it's hard to remember, just it felt good seeing it complete.

The only other thing that stuck out was Global saying 'Fire!'... it sounded really off to me... there seemed to be a bit of a timing issue with it, but it also seemed like it just wasn't quite the right voice... the voice seemed too upbeat and just didn't have the right timbre for the line... I guess that might not be totally fair tho, as whenever I see Global deliver a line, I imagine Sean Connery from Hunt for Red October (my personal VA pick for Global )

Chrono has actually been doing the voice for global now for the last few years, his audition for it and the first set of lines he did for Ep1 (back in 04 when I was doing the series) were TERRIFIC! We had him as a Russian accent style with alot of musk and he pulled it off great.

But this is his first time doing Global since 04, so yeah he's a bit rusty even though Global only appears a few times. but I know his lines will sound better.

The lines around when Max kicks super-ass blwoing off the Zent's head are GREAT, but the scream from Hikaru and stuff right before that sound much tinnier and off... and then after Roy says 'Great job Jenius' Hikaru gets that really tinny noise back... but then when Hikaru blows up the Zent in front of the bridge and argues with Misa, it's spot on again... then the tinniness comes back for the 'He was gonna blast you' line...

Most of it's just the timing of the SFX all the rendering that's gone on, but this is also a poor quality for the audio the master sounds nicer. But there's one moment when Hikaru crashes into the engine block where you hear this "KRRRSSSSH" like sound, and I got NO CLUE why it's doing that.

Might want to cut back on the effects done to the voices. It's really difficult to hear most of the characters.

Again, the audio is purposly done to be rather "crappy" but those vocals effects are greatly needed to give the essence of the enviorment they're in, like being in a large metal room, or in space, etc etc.

It'll really calm down and then it wont have any vocal effects unless they're in a large metal room, or space again etc.

Huh? What kid?

The kid says "I hope we make it" or something as the ship transformation warnings start going off... It was just a really well done line without being too dramatic, but still got the point across that this is a society living in constant turmoil...

I'm not sure with the helmet filters tho... it really might just be YouTube... if you say they're consistently done, I beleiove you, and I can't wait to see more! Keep up the amazing work.

They're just using the typical sound recorder that comes with Windows, nothing special.

I'm stuck however, I can't seem to find the song (I thought I had it) at the bar scene between Roy, Claudia, Misa and Hikaru.

Anyone know the title to it?

I've got just about every Macross song I could get my hands on, and I'm not having problems finding the other BGM's in the movie, but this one is just tricky for some damn reason.

Otherwise, besides THAT song, and Zentradie foot steps, the segment is ready for vocals.

Not bad in just 1 night huh?

Crap, I've got everything I need done except that one BGM....I know it's like an acoustic version of My Beautiful Place, but I just can't seem to find it. Anyone got any clues?

I have the macross complete CD collection, if you need me to, I can go through it and try to find the BGM for that.

The kid says "I hope we make it" or something as the ship transformation warnings start going off... It

That was actually Minmay.

I have the macross complete CD collection, if you need me to, I can go through it and try to find the BGM for that.

I would appreciate that, I got the 3 disc Macross OST, but I just can't seem to find that song.

Great Work! I really like how this is comming along. I agree with what others have said about a few lines being hard to understand or just seeming off though. Keep it up though...looking forward to seeing the completed product :)

Chris

Well lol I got this hilarious Comment on one of the demo's I did, someone thought I should get Dan Warren to play Roy Fokker....really....like that'll happen.

While I'm at it, how about I really loose some fanbase and get Reba West to play Minmay, and I'm sure Tony Oliver or Vic would LOVE to play Hikaru....FOR FREE.

HAH!

I was gonna jump the gun and record any loose Zent lines I heard and of course Kamjin and sent them to you. However, I found only two lines from a stock Zent (he and roy kill each other)

"You will not escape, Micronian!"

"Oh yeah?"

As for Kamjin, he's not in my version of the film. Should I just record and send you those two lines? (not meant to rush you, just eager to help).

Edited by Star Dragon

I'd rather you not do anything yet, because I'm following the original Japanese film with the Zentradie language and all that stuff, and I'm currently waiting on ppl to finish the second segments vocals so I can really kick some butt onto Segment 3.

I was gonna jump the gun and record any loose Zent lines I heard and of course Kamjin and sent them to you. However, I found only two lines from a stock Zent (he and roy kill each other)

"You will not escape, Micronian!"

"Oh yeah?"

As for Kamjin, he's not in my version of the film. Should I just record and send you those two lines? (not meant to rush you, just eager to help).

That is Kamjin, that attacks Roy.