Macross DYRL...In English!

Hikuro

Hopefully soon Macross Zero Ep1 will be available thru Bit Torrent, course the original file right now is in VSO format and is over 700 megs when unzipped. I'm currently in the process of getting this handed over too my provider :p

I'm also on the way of giving the second part of DYRL to my cast members giving them till Feburary 4th to complete their lines. I should easily have that part mixed SFX/Music wise alot sooner. Like <<<<working on it now.

WOW WOW WOW! I only just discovered fansubs and now i find fandubs, You guys are totally brilliant and to have undertaken such a incredible task, i commend you all, keep up the great work!

They're just using the typical sound recorder that comes with Windows, nothing special.

I'm stuck however, I can't seem to find the song (I thought I had it) at the bar scene between Roy, Claudia, Misa and Hikaru.

Anyone know the title to it?

I've got just about every Macross song I could get my hands on, and I'm not having problems finding the other BGM's in the movie, but this one is just tricky for some damn reason.

Otherwise, besides THAT song, and Zentradie foot steps, the segment is ready for vocals.

Not bad in just 1 night huh?

Crap, I've got everything I need done except that one BGM....I know it's like an acoustic version of My Beautiful Place, but I just can't seem to find it. Anyone got any clues?

Edited by Hikuro

A minor update on production.

SFX's are 95% complete, minor touch ups in certain areas have been marked for remixing during final production.

All audio is being kept in a safe place just incase.

I managed to substitute the acoustic bar version of My Beautiful Place with a Kareoke version which works just as well as the original, you can't even hear the original audio I used for sfx's since I didn't have anything to sound like the phones used in the movie.

So far i think my favorite scenes are going to be the ones with huge amount of dialouge, like the Bar scene with Roy being plastered (Should be interesting to see how that turns out) and where the squad wants the juicey details on the 3 days alone with Minmay from Hikaru. (I tried to make myself sound so innocent on that one)

Vocals are now being inserted Hikaru and Hayao lines are complete.

I'm still waiting on a few for Segment 1, and Segment 2 isn't due till Feburary 4th.

I'll try and give you guys a taste once Segment 1 is complete.

That's okay......I really wish I had more actors though, it'd really limit on the amount of voices I myself, and a few others would have to do to really make this a big production project. But I didn't get many hits on it, some I did but soon those died.

I'm hoping in March, when we hit well into the half way mark I can get a big trailer out....

Hikaru, where should we go for the bit torrent site. Will you post a link when this and Macross Zero pt. 1 are finished and/or available? Can't wait to have these!!! I would also be willing to give this a try if you need any more voices.

Chris

Always need more voices espically for the next few segments with all the Zentradies freaking out over the Minmay doll and when the group is captured.

I can't give an ETA on when DYRL or M0 will be on BitTorrent, boinger has been gracious enough to help in the distributing if I give him the files.

Great news, my Roy Fokker VA turned in his lines, haven't been able to check them out cause my email is still loading them *counts*...lil over 120 megs of lines 0_o yeah lol wav format I think.

And Allison playing Misa turned in a few lines as well, but got a new job and will have a bit more difficulty doing them.

(hence why I'm giving ppl almost a month per segment)

and 1 Bridge Bunny is done.....so woot.

A few more ppl turned in lines this weekend, just one more week left to do so.

While I had nothing else to do I've been working on the DVD cover and was gonna print it out and scan it since I can't remember how to do screen caps on my computer or where it saves.

So I instead took a cheap picture using my digicam.

IPB Image

Took me 3 hours to do all the font, and editing and picture gathering.

I'm also in the works during my bordem periods on a Macross Music Video......any suggestions on the song? it can be any song Macross or none Macross related, English, or Japanese, but it must be a song you are either willing to send me, or can easily be found online.

Since I can't seem to find the right vocal effects to do it like in the movie I'm using Cooledit Pro 2.1 for all vocal effects, but for the Zentradie I'm using a Smalldryroom mixed with a Trippyvox.

I've tried several ways of doing the echo that's produced in their voices, but nothing sounds right.

Also, because certain actors just don't wanna obey the due dates, I'm probably going to look for a new Max Jenius....the actor isn't taking the initative to download even the files now and doesn't seem to care he's going to be already a week late.

I did a lil bit of remixing on the background atmosphere, basically just things that fit in better with what's going on in the background that doesn't sound like the same sfx repeating itself in some areas.

I'm diffenetly gonna have too replace my Max Jenius.

My Misa VA is nearly done with her lines, she didn't do to bad on this segment...and bridge bunny scene in the cafe is nearly finished.....maaaaaan falling behind, tomorrow is when I start sending out the next wave.

You and me both, I'm working really hard, I'm gonna give another week for some ppl because, we all do have lives, and no one is gettin paid for something like that, hah like I could afford them.

I'm hammering at one of the VA's right now to get her lines done 0_o shouldn't take so bloody long :p

gaaaaaah she lost the script lol dammit!

Oh well, with any luck she'll have the line done in a little bit, then I'll tinker with the mixing again and you guys get to taste a rough draft of the first 13 minutes

Nothing really new to report right now. I'm still waiting on Claudia, Minmay, Vanessa and Max VA's to turn in lines and I think I'll pretty much be done for the majority of Segment 2, and hell even 1 and I can show that off to you guys.

I began retooling for Segment 3 and 4's script which will be sent all together for cast members.

I'm going ot need to look for a new Badolza since I haven't seen the original actor in like......2 months.

If anyone wants to make some history with a deep powerful voice lemme know.

I'm really hoping to get this project done before DYRL's original theater release date so I can retool anything needed and release it late july or early august.

Hello, I rarely visit and just noticed your thread.

I've been a mod voice actor on occasion and if you are still looking for a male voice here are some samples:

"What the??? Look Out! Command, PSI Wing is Attacking Alpha One!"

http://upload2.net/page/download/cfgnYBC44...38+006.wav.html

"Enemy weapons locking onto my ship... Lots of enemy weapons..."

http://upload2.net/page/download/Dy6sOhk7l...38+011.wav.html

"Mercenary Fighters closing to attack, Looks like we're in for a fight..."

http://upload2.net/page/download/NNXJGBVJE...38+009.wav.html

Refuting SOC's orders...

http://upload2.net/page/download/jg2ligUMh...rival2.wav.html

I hope you find them satisfactory, personally I don't liek my voice or think I sound like anyone but I still get used, :D

I'll check back more intensely for a bit and here's my mail

Stardragon1@hotmail.com

I can use you for a role, Kamjin's open right now, it's small since he only appears and dies, I got other roles I can use you for too that are Zentradie.

Anyways, out of the request of some fans who have been really impressed with my work, I did a lil demo of what I'm working on while I wait for lines Surprise!

I've mixed the whole dog fight scene from entering the Earth to the revelation point.

The mix is phenomenal if I do say so myself.

If anyone has a movie version of this without subtitles, I'd gadly take it so I can maybe work on this on my spare time.

please say that this will be made available to everyone.

I'd buy 2 for sure.

Also may I suggest you make a dub of Gunbuster next. Please

Well, anyone with high speed connection can download it, I think Boinger is going to distribute it like he's doing with Macross Zero Ep1.

DVD versions will more then likely either A) never come or B) only be given to cast members who wish to own a copy...by selling it to ppl I'd be doing a copyright infringment big time, and I already got busted recently from Sunrise doing a G Gundam clip.

Hence why that lil demo in my previous post was on Megaupload and not youtube, I'm laying low for a while.

As for Gunbusters, I've never seen it, I don't know how available it is movie and OST wise...I try to stick very strickly to the original format of the show/movie.

Not too mention, if it's a series it'll more then likely NOT happen. 1 episode can take 1 or 2 months, the only group I know who is being patient with their voices is TFCog.net who do Transformer fandubs...which I'm in the Beast Wars II series as Tasmanian Kid and we haven't had an episode released in 6 months after Ep3.

Why bother fandubbing something that has, by most accounts, a pretty competent dub?
'

Some people had been asking me to do the movie version of Macross Plus, this was just to see if I could even mix the movie, I probably wont do it, but this was actually fun to mix though it's not complete.