The Ghost pic thread

Dante74

Any major QC problem on this shin combo , I am just too lazy to read through 28 pages of thread.

There's some disagreement with whether the shoulders are POM, Graham says yes, HLJ says no, both quote yamato. The shoulders may or may not still be coming with stress marks, though some (including me) are speculating this is due to the way the shoulders are assembled onto the toy, that is, the two haves are put together first, then popped on the ball socket and tightened.

No other defects or design problems, the back pack floppiness and feet locks were resolved with the CF release.

There's some disagreement with whether the shoulders are POM, Graham says yes, HLJ says no, both quote yamato. The shoulders may or may not still be coming with stress marks, though some (including me) are speculating this is due to the way the shoulders are assembled onto the toy, that is, the two haves are put together first, then popped on the ball socket and tightened.

No other defects or design problems, the back pack floppiness and feet locks were resolved with the CF release.

Does your VF-0A shin combo have any shoulder stress mark? My 1/60 VF-0S has a minor stress mark on his left shoulder and I seldom transform it . I have loosen the screw and there is no sign of breakage yet, just a minor stress mark, I was hoping Yamato would change the shoulder design on this shin combo. Any member here encounter the same problem found in 1/60 VF-0S?

I don't have a shin combo, so I can't speak on it.

But I have 2 0s and 1 0a CF, the 2 0s had shattered shoulders:

P1020264small.jpg

I've purchased the replacement shoulders, and they were somewhat disapointing. The 0s shoulders arrived glued together, forcing me to pop them into place. I'm pretty apprehensive about them. The 0a shoulders I dismantled and assembled the entire arm, starting with the shoulder and working down the arm. I also found that the rubber gasket on the bicep swivel can have a lot of flashing on it, causing stress on the very thin retaining wall.

I don't have a shin combo, so I can't speak on it.

But I have 2 0s and 1 0a CF, the 2 0s had shattered shoulders:

I've purchased the replacement shoulders, and they were somewhat disapointing. The 0s shoulders arrived glued together, forcing me to pop them into place. I'm pretty apprehensive about them. The 0a shoulders I dismantled and assembled the entire arm, starting with the shoulder and working down the arm. I also found that the rubber gasket on the bicep swivel can have a lot of flashing on it, causing stress on the very thin retaining wall.

Sorry to hear that, this could be an isolated case, yet, your two 0s got similar problem, I wouldn't conclude this is a coincidence, I guess I have to think thrice before proceeding to my next Yamato valk purchase. Anyway, thx for your feedback.

Edited by wasabi-elephant

The VF-0S was a lemon. Eugimon certainly had bad luck and it is a black mark in our book. VF-0A CF was almost completely fixed save the arms, mine have not broken yet on my 6, but are loose but can hold a pose, but the VF-0A Shin Kudo certainly made it through in my view with good arms. I think I will open all 7 of mine tonight. 3 are fine already.

Edited by kensei

Yeah, I would just avoid the 1st release 0s and the CF 0a, the shin type seems like a safe bet. If you're set on the 0s model, pick up the release 2 or the ghost/0s bundle coming out in a couple of months.

Despite it's flaws, VF-0 is a beautiful toy and probably the most anime accurate out of all of the yamato macross releases. The remaining issues: it doesn't lock together as nicely as the 1/48s, are easily overlooked, imo, considering it's myriad strengths and good looks.

Yeah, I would just avoid the 1st release 0s and the CF 0a, the shin type seems like a safe bet. If you're set on the 0s model, pick up the release 2 or the ghost/0s bundle coming out in a couple of months.

Despite it's flaws, VF-0 is a beautiful toy and probably the most anime accurate out of all of the yamato macross releases. The remaining issues: it doesn't lock together as nicely as the 1/48s, are easily overlooked, imo, considering it's myriad strengths and good looks.

Agreed.

But the VF-0 though, save for the GERWALK mode at the intake attachment points, to the body, the rest of the thing sticks together pretty good in any mode. if anything, the swing bar with a VF-1esque transformation is the best I've seen and used so far. It locks the main body together so much tighter than the 1/48, not that the 1/48 had much more trouble. Oh and the fact that you don't need a paperclip to get the little nubs out? Style points there.

Yes. One of the few good things of the Zero other than it's looks.

Don't forget about the broken back syndrome in fighter mode when standing on its landing gear.

All the zeros have this issue, because they used loose-fitting hexagonal friction pegs between the intakes and chest plate, rather than double-locking tabs on the VF-1. But if you gently place the fighter down after transformation, the broken back effect is not a big deal visually.

if you pick up a VF-0 in fighter mode, there's a slight flex between the heat shield and the chest piece, right before the air dam. if the legs aren't locked securely to the backpack, the fuselage ridge can bend back slightly at that point, causing the it to look like it has a broken back. There's couple of easy ways to fix it, one is to thicken the pegs on the legs with some wood glue or your trick of choice, so that it fits more securely to the back pakc slots, or/and you can add the same to the hexagonal pegs on the back of the intakes so that it fits better.

I don't notice it when the plane is on it's landing gear, but if I have it displayed on an arm or something, the forward fuselage does droop slightly.

yup, that's it exactly. I think it's far more noticable when the fighter mode is being diplayed on an arm then when it's sitting on its landing gears.

let me try:

brokeback.jpg

I used [ img ] rather than <a href...>

Edited by eugimon

yup, that's it exactly. I think it's far more noticable when the fighter mode is being diplayed on an arm then when it's sitting on its landing gears.

let me try:

brokeback.jpg

I used [ img ] rather than <a href...>

Is this in Gerwalk mode or fighter mode? I don't see this problem in fighter mode, my VF-0S is sitting on the macross display stand now, I don't even see this gap........... :huh:

When on its landing gear, my VF-0S bends down at that same point making it look like it can't support its own weight. Maybe I just mistransformed it or something. It doesn't matter anyway, as it'll stay in Gerwalk mode until Yamato release a Reactive Armor.

• 1 month later...