Hey, friends. Might be in singapore at the end of the month. Any tips for finding Arcadias, Bandai Hi-Metal R's or even Yamatos there?

Not at good prices.... your best bet is still online via Mandarake, Nippon-Yasan or similar.... here you might try a shop called Robo Robo at Excelsior Shopping Centre but no guarantee

Last month, I spotted a two expensive Macross Toys at the Taoyuan International Airport in Taiwan . The Arcadia VF-0S for around USD 532 and the Yamato VF-17D with Super Pack for around USD 392.

post-458-0-95766800-1474723780_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-56625400-1474723801_thumb.jpg

I got a chance to be back at the Taoyuan International Airport in Taiwan. I didn't see the Arcadia VF-0S anymore (looks like someone bit the bullet).

New items on display were the VF-19F and the VF-19P for USD 312 and USD 307 respectively. The Yamato VF-17D with Super Pack was still there for around USD 392.

post-458-0-14367300-1476710474_thumb.jpg

post-458-0-69851500-1476710488_thumb.jpg

Ouch. I've read the 19P is about the best Yamato 19 made, but that's awfully steep.

Hopefully they'll price dump first.

Hi, friends.  Will be back in Hong Kong for a short vacation after five long years.  Got some great tips here for my last trip (thanks again, Neova!) and was hoping you cool folks can give some updated advice on where to shop. 

Priorities are Hi Metal R and Arcadia (dare I hope to see a stray Yamato or two?). 

I know some stores have shady reputations for selling opened stuff as "brand new" and would like to avoid those. 

An important wrinkle this time is that I will be going around with my wife and baby, so family friendly places would be best.

Thanks in advance!

OK, so HK was cancelled. Any tips for toy shopping in Seoul?  Will be there end of the month.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, Chet said:

OK, so HK was cancelled. Any tips for toy shopping in Seoul?  Will be there end of the month.

A certain COEX Mall is mentioned on this thread:

In Beijing, there's a mall called Soshow and on one of its floors is full of toys and collectibles.  One closed shop has an opened Arcadia VF-1S Roy on display (I checked again on the next day and the shop was still closed).  Another shop has a Hikaru type which was over priced.

One notable shop has the 4 VF-1 Doyushas, and an expensive set of the 15th Anniversary ld_boxf.jpg Laser Discs (with a forgettable price tag going through roof).  The same shops was selling the Digital Mission VFX PS1 game.  And displayed inside this shop was a what looks to be a framed sketch of a character, which I couldn't recognize, by Mikimoto (also ridiculously over priced).

DSC_1088a.jpg

DSC_1065a.jpg

4 hours ago, Bub said:

And displayed inside this shop was a what looks to be a framed sketch of a character, which I couldn't recognize, by Mikimoto (also ridiculously over priced).

DSC_1065a.jpg

That's Mimsy from Orguss. ;)

61921E.JPG

Anybody have tips for toy shopping in Sapporo, Japan?  Going there (and only there!) next month.

Anybody have tips for toy shopping in Sapporo, Japan?  Going there (and only there!) next month.

One of Mandarake's branch is in Sapporo: https://www.yelp.com/biz/まんだらけ-札幌市

Yodobashi Sapporo 3rd Floor: https://www.yelp.com/biz/ヨドバシカメラ-マルチメディア札幌店-札幌市

Bic Camera Sapporo: https://www.biccamera.com.e.lj.hp.transer.com/bc/i/shop/shoplist/shop015.jsp

Animate: https://www.animate.co.jp/shop/sapporo/

Some stores to check out within the vicinity: https://www.sapporostation.com/shopping-near-sapporo-station/

I mostly Googled it so hope it helps. :hi:

Edited by no3Ljm

If it's not too far out of your way, check out any used bookstores (Bookoff is the best*) or large electronic stores (Joshin, etc.).  The ones in my area have anime/manga/toys/model kit dedicated sections.  Macross pickings *may* by slight, but you can occasionally stumble across some real gems, and if you do, they are generally at a lower price than Mandarake.

* It's derivative stores are also worth a shot.  Eg. Bookoff Plus, or the oddly named Hardoff.  Both tend to have moderate sized toy/model sections.  Again, prices are better than Mandarake (who know what fans are willing to pay), but there's no guarantee you'll find Macross or not.  Though, you're always bound to stumble across some great kitsch (I once encountered a full-sized Facehugger (doll?  Toy?)! :wacko: )

Wow! Thanks for all of the suggestions, no3ljm and sketchley!  Will definitely check them out and report back!

Yorozuya has quite a bit of used Macross models and figures. Too bad they have a bazillion times more Gundam stuff than they do Macross stuff. (sigh)

Thought I would post about Yorozuya, since I did not see any previous mention of them when I did a search on MWF.

They have locations in Aomori Prefecture, Iwata Prefecture, and Hokkaido  (https://yorozuya-dc.com/store/).  So, if you are visiting Japan,  you may want to check them out.

image.png.bcc537aac8accc6381d9ab01c7cc5948.png

@ Aomori East location.

Also, if you are in Aomori (where Yorozuya has most of its locations), you can also go to the Gundam-themed bar called "G-Dining Bar ZEON".  (sigh) Why can't there be a Macross-themed bar?!  No fair....

Edited by Shizuka the Cat