The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

they arent there at HLJ. I did a search under Fewture i only found the new silver version boss and doublas and searching under getter I couldn't find them either.

http://www.hlj.com/company/FEW/

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?searchpage=to...amp;Word=getter

just learned through Robot Japan that the new Fewture Mazinger and Great Mazinger

wont be available thru HLJ. only thru the online store and apparently Fewture

Artstorm doesn't sell outside asia.

Yeap. Prefer the first link of Dragonnar. Though tecnically that's the upgraded form I think. I prefer that one.

It's not an upgraded version. It's a stylized version of the Dragonar that appears only in the opening animation.

Graham

Shin Getter 2 Sweetness from Aoshima!!!!! :rolleyes:

post-3608-1187998410_thumb.jpg

Pic Source: eclipsevv from Robot Japan

Edited by Mowe

its about freaking time. I wonder if their going to milk this for a couple of years or just do 2 or 3 versions

and move on to getter 2 original and then getter 3

post-3216-1188006919_thumb.jpg

pic originally posted by Chen at robot japan

Edited by Macross73

Shin Getter 2 Sweetness from Aoshima!!!!! :rolleyes:

post-3608-1187998410_thumb.jpg

Pic Source: eclipsevv from Robot Japan

ooh! nice scoop there Mowe! That's another added to my list of have-to-haves.

Hope you have a long piece of paper, 'cause they a likely to come up with another 20 variant colour schemes... :lol:

ooh! nice scoop there Mowe! That's another added to my list of have-to-haves.

Question. Is the Dancouga being sold at HLJ right now a reissue? If so does anyone know if this reissue will include improvements and fixes over the original? At first I was going to pick one up. but after hearing about the loose: head, hips and feet being able to chip easily I'm rather skeptical about this bot. Can anyone give me some information about this? Thanks I'd really appreciate it. ^_^

Question. Is the Dancouga being sold at HLJ right now a reissue? If so does anyone know if this reissue will include improvements and fixes over the original? At first I was going to pick one up. but after hearing about the loose: head, hips and feet being able to chip easily I'm rather skeptical about this bot. Can anyone give me some information about this? Thanks I'd really appreciate it. ^_^

I used to own one (i was destroyed in a fire), I vaguely remember the loose hips. The main complaint was the way the head attatched, requiring (not really requiring as you could attach it without any part swaping but an optional neck piece that offered a firmer connection and greater range of motion was included.) The toes on the elephant mecha ( forget its name, Great Moss?) Can scrap easily if you don't handle them with care. And the treads on the bottem of the feet also wear easily. I'd still recommend it, but from what I hear stuff like the Ideon and the Gunbuster are much more solid.

I've been a Star Wars fan forever. I admit this is bit of a stretch as far as chogokin are concerned , but Darth Vader is now like the Hyper Dynamite Mazinger Z.

same inner die cast body and vinyl armor. I couldn't resist it ... so I ordered it. I like the Mazinger Z so why not get this too. :)

http://www.hlj.com/product/TMD31140

A Darth Vader SOC would be very cool, but this one seems to have some head-body proportion problem (the head is a little too big and the body is too much like a child)

I've been a Star Wars fan forever. I admit this is bit of a stretch as far as chogokin are concerned , but Darth Vader is now like the Hyper Dynamite Mazinger Z.

same inner die cast body and vinyl armor. I couldn't resist it ... so I ordered it. I like the Mazinger Z so why not get this too. :)

Edited by Mowe

Real Doll? REAL DOLL?!?! *snigger*

Now those are "buns of steel" 11.gif

Just a little concern about the torso connection if it is made of non metal...we all remember what happed to Getter 2...do we...post-3608-1189080124.gif

Getter 2 is trying to seduce me, but what is this I hear about torso problems?

I have seen a few posts where the torso connection (a ball joint made of plastic...but fairly strong stuff) actually snapped, possibly due to the weight of the upper body (remember some people display their Getter 2 with that freaking big drill) or the mis handling of the owner. Not common but it has happened. I display mine with no drill, a save bet.

Nevertheless, good enforcement around crucial connection is important, especially with the price tag of these babies.

Now those are "buns of steel" 11.gif

Getter 2 is trying to seduce me, but what is this I hear about torso problems?

Edited by Mowe

Nevertheless, good enforcement around crucial connect is important, especially with the price tag of these babies.

You can say that again!

I really don't know if I should wait for a rerelease (come on Fewture! At least put out a metallic grey version if you don't want to piss of the collectors) or bite the bullet before they get even more expensive (how's getter 2 compared to the others?).

I could also wait and see if they do the other Getters. At least the late Mr. Robo left some more designs based on Getter 1:

post-2996-1189084540_thumb.jpg

I don't know if these are his too (but I thing I see his signature and they all share common elements

bu-d.jpg

bu-c.jpg

bu-b.jpg

bu-a.jpg

bu-e.jpg

Found here http://gettermario.dynamicforum.net/277042...NING-t684-0.htm

Edited by Twoducks

OMFG!!!! They definitely have all the signature of Sato. Where did you dig them up, 2Ducks!!!! post-3608-1189090575.gif

I so want Dai-Apollon in metal, I knew of him when I was very little and he is one of my fav but there are really no good diecast of him (or at least I can't afford those E-Bay Price Hike). Can you imagine that Dai-Apollon weight 1Kg??

And the Dragon Getterpost-3608-1189090730.gif

BTY, personally, I think Getter 2 looks the hottest (please excuse my pun but he does look like a drag in diecast....). Sato did such a fantastic job re-inventing Getter 2. His movement are also better than the Getter 1 because he doesn't has that freaking cape. his accessaries are fun and has the best fitting of the 4 getters. Don't let my comments about the torso joint frighten you, I think if you are careful with it, it should be fine.

Edited by Mowe

OMFG!!!! They definitely have all the signature of Sato. Where did you dig them up, 2Ducks!!!! post-3608-1189090575.gif

I so want Dai-Apollon in metal, I knew of him when I was very little and he is one of my fav but there are really no good diecast of him (or at least I can't afford those E-Bay Price Hike). Can you imagine that Dai-Apollon weight 1Kg??

And the Dragon Getterpost-3608-1189090730.gif

The Getter Dragon image I got it from the sgcollect.com forums a few moths ago. The other ones just poped up when I was searching to see if it was "Dr" or "Mr" Robo when I was writing my last post. Nice surprise I say 33.gif

Hope Mr. Robo's familiy gets a compensation for those designs. Fewture has material to make a lot of chogokins (even though it kinda worries me that all of them are variations of Getter one... maybe he didn't dot any variations of Getter 2 6.gif)

I just wonder how cool a Getter Ligar would look.

BTY, personally, I think Getter 2 looks the hottest (please excuse my pun but he does look like a drag in diecast....). Sato did such a fantastic job re-inventing Getter 2. His movement are also better than the Getter 1 because he doesn't has that freaking cape. his accessaries are fun and has the best fitting of the 4 getters. Don't let my comments about the torso joint frighten you, I think if you are careful with it, it should be fine.

Very nice to hear that ^_^

i'm gonna go broke getting these guys (if they're ever made). I am concerned about the waist joins of the Mazingers. I had hoped that the connection would be a metal connection. as long its super strong then OK. though it'll still worry me. I finally got a Fewture Black Getter absolutely the best but its so expensive. I haven't messed with it too much I just want to keep him safe. Of all the diecast figures these have been the best purchases. As far as playing/ posing I dig the Hyper Dynamite Mazinger it heavy, looks nice and I don't think I'll get upset if something happens to it.

I saw those Sato sketches posted over at Zinc Panic or ToyboxDX a long time ago... over a year I think. I remember choking on my own tongue with excitement.

edit: what's everyone's thoughts on the SOC Godmars that was just announced? Price? size? gimmicks?

http://www.hlj.com/hlj_gallery2/v/summer20...ageViewsIndex=1

Edited by Guppy

After seeing the Godmars sketch, I am a little worry that it is not going to be a combina - but I hope I am wrong. If it is a combina, Bandai has my money already, otherwise....post-3608-1189243470.gif

edit: what's everyone's thoughts on the SOC Godmars that was just announced? Price? size? gimmicks?

http://www.hlj.com/hlj_gallery2/v/summer20...ageViewsIndex=1

I'm not familiar with the series so I'm not sure about getting this yet,

but looking at the diagram it doesnt look like its a combiner. it looks

like it one piece with various joint through out.

Aoshima Shin Getter.

I have a little mix feeling about this. May be not so much Aoshima's fault but the design just doesn't look as exciting as I hoped. I think it needs a bit more getter red somewhere. I am imagining it will look a little out of place when parked next to the Shin Getter 1. I really like how SHE interprets the Shin Getter 2 colour scheme.

Also, I hope there is a good reason for that big joint running through the drill (may be it opens up??). The joint makes the drill less convincing. Nevertheless, I'll remain as an Aoshima sucker and hope they will do another colour version... :-[

ShiGetter2.jpg

Aoshima Shin Getter Pic source: bizzio from Japan Robot

Edited by Mowe