The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

My goddamn SPEC Eva's right hip came apart today! &%*#!&!!!!

I took the hip rubber cover apart to look at the break, and the lateral swivel bit crumbled along the screw collar... def. looks like a defective and weak joint waiting to fall apart rather that my breaking it. Is there any way for me in the US to contact Bandai and talk to them about an SoC toy? I want this replaced, and then I might debate selling of the replacement anyways because I really don't like this toy, even tho it has some nice accessories and is incredibly pose-able.

My goddamn SPEC Eva's right hip came apart today! &%*#!&!!!!

I took the hip rubber cover apart to look at the break, and the lateral swivel bit crumbled along the screw collar... def. looks like a defective and weak joint waiting to fall apart rather that my breaking it. Is there any way for me in the US to contact Bandai and talk to them about an SoC toy? I want this replaced, and then I might debate selling of the replacement anyways because I really don't like this toy, even tho it has some nice accessories and is incredibly pose-able.

:(:(:(:(

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

It happened to you too?!?!?!??!!?

The lateral swivel also crumbled on me.

After a half assed attempt at repair I decided to put everything back in the box.

What's up with all these companies and shody work?

Bandai's SPEC UNIT ONE with shitty thighs.

Takara's MP-5 with weak elbows.

Yamato's YF-19 with breaking plastics.

I really don't want to have to send it back to HLJ...

I don't wanna sent it back too but what else can we do? :mellow:

EDIT: I'm still waiting for a reply from HLJ.com

Edited by UN Spacy

Sweet news about Iron Gear. Too bad I never picked up any of the Xabungle SOC's.

As for my broken XS-01 HLJ just shipped me some replacement parts. I'll let you know when they arrive.

Sweet news about Iron Gear. Too bad I never picked up any of the Xabungle SOC's.

Me neither. I had the cheap plasticky Xabungle and Iron Gear as a kid. Didn't care for Xabungle at all but Iron Gear was tons of fun.

You have a username and password to go with that link? :(

Yes. Am I going to give it to you guys? Nooooooo. :lol

I forgot that that section was only for registered users. (It's free registration and it's got quite abit of SoC news so you may want to consider getting an account there.)

Link to first image:

and since the 2nd image is from imageshack.....

IPB Image

http://toyboxdx.com/phorum/file.php?1,file=3919

Iron Gear is a neat design...I don't know anything about Ideon or Xabungle, but the Ideon toy looks amazing, and a really nice Iron Gear might tempt me for the design alone... I'm also thinking about getting a Mazinger, probably either the 1R or 2R if I ever get around to it.

PS- UN, what did it take to get the replacement parts from HLJ? I'm not sure if that's the best solution here, but it's worth a try.

Edited by promethuem5

PS- UN, what did it take to get the replacement parts from HLJ? I'm not sure if that's the best solution here, but it's worth a try.

I contacted their www.trouble@hlj.com department a few days ago informing them of the damage. They wanted me to send them pictures of the damage. The day after I sent the pictures I got a shipping confirmation with my replacement parts.

Speaking of best solutions. What did you have in mind? :blink:

...I don't know anything about Ideon or Xabungle, but the Ideon toy looks amazing...

Can't say much for Xabungle (don't really like the bots myself), but if you haven't watch much of Ideon, you are missing out. Try find the 2 movies of Ideon and watch it. Then you'll want the SOC badass even more. :D

Speaking of best solutions. What did you have in mind?

You know what, now that you mention it, I'm not sure... for some reason I had gotten it into my head that Bandai would do something about it. Did HLJ charge you for the shipping on the replacement part?

You know what, now that you mention it, I'm not sure... for some reason I had gotten it into my head that Bandai would do something about it. Did HLJ charge you for the shipping on the replacement part?

They will charge you for the shipping and the parts you request. They're pretty good about getting replacements, Though I was unable to get a spare part for my vf-0s.

I can't wait to see Iron Gear. I had one as a kid. I recently bought the SOC Mazinger renewal and the Aoshima weathered Getter. I should get them in the next few days.

This message is to let you know that the following merchandise has been shipped to you from HobbyLink Japan.

Merchandise Total: 0

Total: 0

I wasn't charged shipping OR for the parts.

But then again I'm not 100% sure what they're sending to me.

It could be the entire frame or one small hip piece.

http://eva.yahoo.co.jp/gentei/index.html

There seems to be a video of some sought for the SPEC beserk Eva-01

I got 56k, someone else can try todown it. :p

The video is nothing special, just the toy in some nive poses we've all seen before and some short clips of the EVA goin berserk in the show

I wouldn.'t buy the SPEC Eva again anyways... the plastic frame is waaay too delicate and cheesy feeling. Go buy an SOC Eva or a Revoltech Eva unless you simply MUST have all that detail...

I love my SPEC Eva, but that might be because it hasn't broken into little pieces yet. I put it into a nice pose in my display and I won't be touching it anytime soon. :(

As shown in the new Hobby mags, looks like the next SPEC is going to be Metal Armor Dragonar together with XC-00 Cabarrier-0.

Definitely getting that one, as I love Dragonar and have wanted a decent toy of it since the 80s'.

Graham

The video is nothing special, just the toy in some nive poses we've all seen before and some short clips of the EVA goin berserk in the show

I love my SPEC Eva, but that might be because it hasn't broken into little pieces yet. I put it into a nice pose in my display and I won't be touching it anytime soon. :(

Thanks man. :D

As shown in the new Hobby mags, looks like the next SPEC is going to be Metal Armor Dragonar together with XC-00 Cabarrier-0.

Definitely getting that one, as I love Dragonar and have wanted a decent toy of it since the 80s'.

Graham

Never heard of Dragonar before, looked it up i don't mind the mech scheme at all! ^_^

I read somewhere that it is an incomplete series, this is correct?

No, it's a complete TV series from the mid 80s. It's a Gundam clone, but I actually prefer it to 99% of most Gundam.

Graham

Cool thanks g-man, i can see it's buyable as a boxset, so later when i'm not buying too much macross

and other shi* i SHOULD look this up. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

So the ex gohkin Boss Borot and Doublas are now available for pre-order from both BBTS and HLJ.

My question is does anybody have any info on them/ a link about size , diecast content , and so forth ?

From Nakajo at Robot Japan & Aoshima.It:

October 2007 - SSG Shin Getter 2 OVA Version w/Jin Hayato - 20 cm - Jpy 9,800

October2007 - SSG Shin Getter 2 Metallic Kawai w/Emperor Goul - 20 cm - Jpy 9,800

October 2007 - SSG Shin Getter 2 Anime Export Limited 1,500 - - 20 cm - Jpy 9,800 (this one not yet confirmed ^^)

The replacement parts arrived from HLJ.com today.

I'm very impressed by HLJ.com's customer service.

IPB Image

IPB Image

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I got the Gunbuster a few days ago, awesome SOC! I'd say the mechanical design of the feet is the most impressive thing I've seen in a while.

Has anyone got the original getter set? I was thinking of getting the re-release but wouldn't mind an opinion or two. I've got the Dragon/Liger/Posiedon set so I'm wondering if it's worth it.