The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

The 400% Sync was from when Shinji lost his physical body inside the LCL.... I dont remember any changes to the Eva for that....

The sculpting on the extra bits for the Berserk version look nice, but honestly, why'd they have to be released as another whole figure?

Umm, i guess now it makes sense, the whole body is totally different, not just an add on. So really all are different, but what weapons? Just a scary bandaged head and skinny whimpy substitute arm? :p

So whats the other one? So far i can only see one release. We have more pics coming no doubt of the other version. Berserk version is what we are looking at promethuem5? I'm confused... i think, or am iiiiiiiiiiii doo dee doo doo doo dee doo doo.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

From the Yahoo official page, it seems to be just the one version - the 400% sync and the Berserk are the same thing - the earlier link might have been a misleading.

The Yahoo page says 3 heads are provided (the Berserk head, the normal head, and the bandaged head)

These additional add-ons are exactly what were lacked with the original Spec. This make the Berserk set very well worth it (if you don't have one already... :( )

I hate this trick these companies use. Do they expect the customers to wait and not buying their 1st issue whenever they have a new product ? :angry: What happens if they issue another version with weapon set.... <_<

Fortunately, there is still some sense in buying this Berserk version even if you own the 1st issue already - you can use the spare eva to display the basic body - it is kind of an excuse to grab an extra eva anyway... :rolleyes:

Mowe, i think you just made me want to get one of these... i don't have Eva-01 Spec yet...

But the question is, what weapons are included, if it don't got the blades, that makes this not that important to me.

If what it means by limited, i hope it actually is the first versions + Alpha. Sorry, i had to include the SFII joke. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Oh, you are the lucky one if you have not brought the 1st issue. This would be a stright forward decision. Go and get one :D

Both links did not mention any new weapons. They mentioned an additional arm, the 3 heads, the bursted chest peice and that is about it.

The lack of weapon with the Eva Spec line is one of the biggest disappointment. You can count on Bandai to come up with a weapon set, otherwise, we might have to wait for Eva-02 (if that happens at all) :wacko:

Mowe, i think you just made me want to get one of these... i don't have Eva-01 Spec yet...

But the question is, what weapons are included, if it don't got the blades, that makes this not that important to me.

If what it means by limited, i hope it actually is the first versions + Alpha. Sorry, i had to include the SFII joke. :lol:

lol Yeah, well there are so many things to give Eva-02 for add on's and the like.

Look at the Eva-02 SoC, it's already long gone sold out and charging over double the price, and there are still Eva-01 SoC's out there. Which was came first? SoC Eva-01 or 02?

It's an obvious decision for Bandai to SPEC Asuka. :p

What weapons does Eva-01 SPEC need anyways? Got the Pellet, pistol, knife and swords, i think i have never posed any of my SoC's with the Rocket Launchers and Positron...... A sniper rifle would be awesome.

I can't imagine they Spec'n any other of the Eva types. Maybe..

Here's a question, what type of swords were added to the LM-HG Test Type (with Frame) Eva-01 Bandai snap together release?

I thought there was extra ones other than the katana and waka....

:edit: yep just checked, there were 3 swords all up, sooo, hmm.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I pick up this new version. It isn't too expensive. My only real complaint with the current SPEC Eva is that I wish they would've included some sort of stand. I think the figure could use a little help when posed in some of the more dynamic stances.

Look at the Eva-02 SoC, it's already long gone sold out and charging over double the price, and there are still Eva-01 SoC's out there. Which was came first? SoC Eva-01 or 02?

Just so you know, SOC Eva-01 was reissued along with 00 (blue), 03 and 04. 00 (yellow) and 02 have not been reissued. That's probably why Eva-01 is still around...

Ahhhhhh makes sense now.

Whats Bandai smoking not re-releasing EVA-02? :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: Idiots!

And tell me, who the hell places Blue and Yellow above Asuka?????????????????? My God when will this mad cap merry go round existance ever end? :p Seriously that's full of it.

He...he...I guess I did exaggerated a little :D But I definitely missed the battery and the shoulder blade backpack. I always thought they are cool items. The bazooka and Bandai’s display stand would be nice too.

If the Spec Eva is an one off thing for this line, then I will definitely miss the positron riffle.

By the way, I love the Spec Eva's entry plug mechanism, it is almost 100% accurate.

Anyhow, here is a pic from the Bandai’s LM HG 007 kit showing the accessaries.

[attachmentid=41504]

What weapons does Eva-01 SPEC need anyways? Got the Pellet, pistol, knife and swords, i think i have never posed any of my SoC's with the Rocket Launchers and Positron...... A sniper rifle would be awesome.

post-3608-1174999716_thumb.jpg

He...he...I guess I did exaggerated a little :D But I definitely missed the battery and the shoulder blade backpack. I always thought they are cool items. The bazooka and Bandai’s display stand would be nice too.

If the Spec Eva is an one off thing for this line, then I will definitely miss the positron riffle.

By the way, I love the Spec Eva's entry plug mechanism, it is almost 100% accurate.

Anyhow, here is a pic from the Bandai’s LM HG 007 kit showing the accessaries.

[attachmentid=41504]

Coool thanks for the pic Mowe! Whats the shoulder blade back pack? You mean the sheaths that attach on the left?

I thought that was included in the SPEC Eva-01 pack.. :unsure:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

No, I mean that grey rectangular thingie that looks like the battery but the Evas use it to store the riffle. I'll take a pic tonight. :)

Coool thanks for the pic Mowe! Whats the shoulder blade back pack? You mean the sheaths that attach on the left?

I thought that was included in the SPEC Eva-01 pack.. :unsure:

Son of a B!TCH!

I was fiddling with my SPEC Unit One a few minutes ago. Tried to get her into a sprinting stance and the left hip joint BROKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGH! I wasn't even being rough with it. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

IPB Image

Sure I can put the leg back in place......but it just won't be the same. :(

Eeeek!!!! Sorry to see that, man!!! :(

UNSPACY, the upshot of that is now you have a perfect excuse to buy the special edition... :D

I have been worried about the plastic ball joints since day one. To make the problem worst, the Spec Eva ball joints are really hard to read because they are black and hidden behind the armour.

That sucks because the great thing about the Eva Spec is its posability, and it seems the Spec Eva is not designed for rough handling.

From now on, I think I'll be very weary of the Spec line, it seems like this line of SOC is being handled by a different Bandai team than the GX line.

While on th topic of robust SOC, I picked up this Yamato Giant Robot Action Figure at my local toy store today. It was on sale for $60 AUD (approx $45 USD).

Originally, I was fooled by its paint colour and thought it was Yamato's usual plastic figure (like the Rau). When I opened the box and pull it out, I had a giant surprise. It was heavy. I'd say it had at least 70% diecast. Not only its joints made those clinking sound, it has great posability, too.

The igure itself feel very solid and is nicely sculpted. It is also big - bigger than most of the common SOC (e.g. Mazinger, Getter, even the Eva Spec). If you guys like your super robot and like diecast, I highly recommend this fellow. :)

Does anyone know if Yamato do other super robot action figure? Judging from this figure, I think they are pretty good at non-transforming action figure, too - in terms of design, price, and QC.

[attachmentid=41535][attachmentid=41536]

Son of a B!TCH!

I was fiddling with my SPEC Unit One a few minutes ago. Tried to get her into a sprinting stance and the left hip joint BROKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGH! I wasn't even being rough with it. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

post-3608-1175175089_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1175175148_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

While on th topic of robust SOC, I picked up this Yamato Giant Robot Action Figure at my local toy store today. It was on sale for $60 AUD (approx $45 USD).

Originally, I was fooled by its paint colour and thought it was Yamato's usual plastic figure (like the Rau). When I opened the box and pull it out, I had a giant surprise. It was heavy. I'd say it had at least 70% diecast. Not only its joints made those clinking sound, it has great posability, too.

The igure itself feel very solid and is nicely sculpted. It is also big - bigger than most of the common SOC (e.g. Mazinger, Getter, even the Eva Spec). If you guys like your super robot and like diecast, I highly recommend this fellow. :)

Does anyone know if Yamato do other super robot action figure? Judging from this figure, I think they are pretty good at non-transforming action figure, too - in terms of design, price, and QC.

[attachmentid=41535][attachmentid=41536]

There's also a GR bazooka version. It too is awesome.

Now imagine if Yamato made Destroids that look and feel like this and at this price point too. These figures prove Yamato can make some decent non-transforming figures.

Thanks for tips :) . But damn, why can't they put the bazooka within the same box. I don't think I'll folk out more money just for the bazooka. Actually, I kind of like this missile version better, the details and colour of the missels looks great on the figure.

Yes, I agree, Yamato should make some big scale diecast destroid to go with the Valks. It is easy and cheaper to make, why wouldn't they do it? SOC destroid would be nice too.

There's also a GR bazooka version. It too is awesome.

Now imagine if Yamato made Destroids that look and feel like this and at this price point too. These figures prove Yamato can make some decent non-transforming figures.

After the Giant Robo, Yamato went on to make vinyl Super Robot figures like Shin Getter, Grendizer and Ideon....and now a Groizer, I believe. But the Giant Robo was their only non-transforming diecast. Like everyone else, I have always wondered why diecast Destroids haven't been in Yamato's pipeline since Day One. Seems like a no-brainer.

On the topic of no-brainers, so would Max's VF-1A from the TV series...but that's for a different thread. Damn stream of consciousness...

What about this colour for Eva-01? :wacko:

Oh, by the way, it cost 1.1 million yen and need a 2m tall display shelve?? Eeeek :blink:

[attachmentid=41579]

Source: Tokyo International Anime Fair 2007 (HLJ)

post-3608-1175351016_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

Why would you want that???

Altho, I do like the purple on that much more than the SPEC... but wow is that a flourescent green (which, I guess does make sense for the whole prototype thing)...

I think the owner of this collection would like it.

IPB Image

Thanks for the link, rikiryou.

[attachmentid=41596]

That is freaking big, screw the Waves SDf-1 & CM Patlabour, this is what I am talkin' about when I say I want a big diecast :o

My only question is how does Bandai decide the size of their GX line? It seems there is no consistency at all with the height of their GX line toy. I am not complaining about the size of this Ideon, but why does he gets the jumbo treament when poor getter remains a midget...Man, I wish Bandai can come up with a nice big Shin Getter 1 like this one:

[attachmentid=41597]

post-3608-1175404772_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1175404856_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

Hey, holytoledo69, you know there is the Berserk Version of the Eva Spec? Otherwise, make sure you don't pay more than $45 for the normal Eva Spec. I suspect the normal Eva Spec price will take a tumble due to the release of the Berserk version.

Hey thanks for the link. Ideon is nice BUT... :blink: I'll skip. I might pick up those new Spec EVA01's and King Joe though.

Hey, holytoledo69, you know there is the Berserk Version of the Eva Spec? Otherwise, make sure you don't pay more than $45 for the normal Eva Spec. I suspect the normal Eva Spec price will take a tumble due to the release of the Berserk version.

So is the Berserk version going to for sure come with all the previous accessories plus Berserk parts? Or will it sacrifice things for the Berserk parts?

Thanks for the heads up Mowe, I'll keep that in mind. :D

As far as I know, reading from the promo page, they say it has all the accessaries of the original plus the extra stuff. The only thing that might be different is the busted chest plate which you might not get the original peice.

So is the Berserk version going to for sure come with all the previous accessories plus Berserk parts? Or will it sacrifice things for the Berserk parts?

As far as I know, reading from the promo page, they say it has all the accessaries of the original plus the extra stuff. The only thing that might be different is the busted chest plate which you might not get the original peice.

That's what i want to know too, would we get the normal armor chest piece...

If the weapons are included that's something i'd be willing to ignore, the berserk chest rocks. :p

But i do want to be complete... BAH BRING OUT EVA-02 ALREADY DAMMIT! !!