The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

All I've seen of Layzner is a b&w art card next to sepc Eva at the last event.

(meant to pst a pic in the firs post)

It showed outlines and lots of mechanical detail, given it costs another 2000yen more the Eva I'm expecting something with lots of opening panels and internal detail.

So pretty much a toy version of their new Lyazner kit,

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN945076

btw, I will be keeping the first post of this thread as up to date as I can with all new details and the latest pictures, I may archive older pictures in a photbucket account if anyone wants that?

Lazyner. I like that design. When I saw it for the first time I thought it was a gundam with that little chin thing and everything. I didn't want that tiny action figure version or the model kit. But with an SOC version? It sounds about right to me. So I guess I might get that. Now how about an SOC Arm Slave or the Kibou No Gou from Kenran Butou Sai... Please Bandai?

awesome:

IPB Image

and at a guess, is the little guy in the below pic about the same size as the little star wars Action Fleet figures?

IPB Image

That Buster Collider picture makes me wonder if the shoulder "spikes" are able to rotate with the shoulders to allow the hands to point up. Because from that picture it seems to imply that it can't. No big deal for me really.

Lazyner. I like that design. When I saw it for the first time I thought it was a gundam with that little chin thing and everything. I didn't want that tiny action figure version or the model kit. But with an SOC version? It sounds about right to me. So I guess I might get that. Now how about an SOC Arm Slave or the Kibou No Gou from Kenran Butou Sai... Please Bandai?

My thoughts exactly, though I was going to pick up the palm cation figure as it would go well with a shelf full of HCM Pros.

btw, Am I the only one who thinks that "Palm Action" sounds filithy?

*ahem*

Sticking with the subject of Layzner, I'm hoping the inflated price of the SOCS version (twice that of the kit and 2000 more then the Eva) will mean that Bandai may be including the Layzners little backpack collection as modelled here by Kotobukiya's contribution to the sudden resurgence of interest in the Blue Comet,

http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYAM-01

Any more pictures from robot japan for those who're too lazy to register ? :p

And from that "buster baseball bat" picture, looks like the "spikes" "towers" whatever you wanna call it is static and can't rotate with the shoukders. No biggie really. This toy rocks!! Makes me wanna get 2.....but can't afford 2. :(

And from that "buster baseball bat" picture, looks like the "spikes" "towers" whatever you wanna call it is static and can't rotate with the shoukders. No biggie really. This toy rocks!! Makes me wanna get 2.....but can't afford 2. :(

Bum. ;)

Change the 1.jpg from 1 - 20.

I'v seen on HLJ that there now a series of lightan ( not out yet )

Though i've never seen the show or anything they could be interesting

Although i have to admit that getting a bunch of transforming

lighers doesnt get me all that excited. I dide search for images

of previous versions they're ok. The Mechanic lightan was nifty

Hopefully these will offer more than earlier renditions.

Any body know where to get a vid of these guys in action?

if i recall the new Lightan figures that are coming out are just reissues of the original olders versions, i believe there is also going to be a box set of all of them together.

The correct term is "Buster Home Run". ;)

I just refer to them as the shoulder pieces. I know I'm getting it as soon as I can afford one. Anyone figure out the best place to buy yet?

Anybody can tell me why the GX-13 Dancougar is so famous? I've read that it costs an arm and a leg but since it's been reissued now, it's a perfect opportunity to get it cheaper.

Dancougar was a gattai super robo show in the era of real robots, it was also noted for being one of very few shows to not show off everything the machine could do in the first few episodes.

I've not seen it but I've heard that Dancougar isn't even fully formed until about halfway through the shows run thus keeping mech heads watching just to see what other tricks it had up it's sleeves.

The plot was good too apparently, not that such a thing would matter in the presence of a robot as cool as Dancougar. :lol:

I've watched some of Dancouga. It's an awesome series. Evan if it did mess up on what certain U.S. cities actually looked like. Yes, it's not fully formed until several episodes in. I've seen about half, but it's been awhile.

Interesting to here it's toy is being reissued. Maybe I''l have a chance to pick one up.

Dancougar was a gattai super robo show in the era of real robots, it was also noted for being one of very few shows to not show off everything the machine could do in the first few episodes.

I've not seen it but I've heard that Dancougar isn't even fully formed until about halfway through the shows run thus keeping mech heads watching just to see what other tricks it had up it's sleeves.

The plot was good too apparently, not that such a thing would matter in the presence of a robot as cool as Dancougar. :lol:

The plot was pretty good. It was a much more adult show than other super robot shows and it borrowed a lot of sensibilities from the real robots. It also had an awesome villain. I might have to get one of those re-issues... When are they coming out?

Thanks for the info guys. Sounds like a good show to hunt down (really like the whole holding the big robot transformation until later on).

HLJ has it in stock so I guess other places must have it by now.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN911829

Found this review about GX-13 Dancougar so I don’t know what to think now.

http://www.collectiondx.com/node/567

The toy certainly looks well engineered and cool but also a little stiff.

Hey, has anyone noticed yet that the name-plate spells "Soul of Chogokin" different to other toys in the series, such as the Evas? :huh:

I'm just thankful it doesn't say Gunbaster!

Edited for news!

I was pleased just now to see that Amenbo has put up a preorder for Bandai's upcoming SOC Spec Blue Comet Layzner figure, I was not so pleased to see the details.

Remember, it costs nearly 8000yen,

"BANDAI Soul of Chogokin new series "Tamashii Spec model".

LAYZNER, appears in TV animation "SPT LAYZNER"

140mm (5.5 inch) size model,

The plinth with built-in voice unit is attached.

expected shipping date : late February"

Is that it Bandai, is this why it costs nearly £40 because if that is so then that money can be very easily re-allocated.

btw, Ideon pre-order also posted, no new details.

post-1911-1162851597_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fort Max

HOLY (*!&@*(!&@( MY INDEPENDENT IMPORTER TOLD ME MY GUNBUSTER HAS ARRIVED!!! w000TSS!!! TONIGHT IS GONNA BE CHRISTMAS!!

.....and we still haven't determined the price.

>_<

Looks like the Voltes V could be slightly taller when the legs are together.

I think Voltes stand about 10 or 11 inches i cant recall.

So the head of Gunbuster is slightly lower in comparison however overall he is much taller. :)

Wow, that is NOWHERE near as tall as I was expecting. I think the inclusion of the shoulders in the initial height projections really skewed perceptions. At the very least, the Gunbuster SOC should be taller than the Voltes V, head to head. And yes, if they could make the Dancougar so tall, there shouldn't be any reason why Gunbuster should be so small. Still looks great, but I was really looking for some impressively scaled robot to dominate the shelves the way the old-school DX Chogokins and new-school Daigokin do.