Macross 7 Midi? Or Guitar Tabs?

ComicKaze

I'm looking for Macross 7 midi or guitar tabs that are well made. Specifically I'm trying to find "My Soul For You" - the acoustic version.

I have found two midis of this song already but they were very simplistic and lacked the actual guitar parts as played...or were piano version. I need the midi to put into Guitarpro so I can figure out each instrument.

Anybody have any ideas?

Edited by ComicKaze

The acoustic version of "My Soul for You" is pretty simple. As I remember it, it's pretty much major chords arpeggiated, then the same major chords strummed during the chorus.

I worked up some quick tabs a while back, I'll check and see if I can find them.

I guess I was trying to combine the acoustic with regular version. I've got the intro part figured out but not any further.

Only the first part is My Soul For You - the second half is just made up because I don't know the rest of the song so I just threw something in there to end it.

http://members.shaw.ca/comic-kaze/mysoulimprov.mp3

• 2 years later...

Wow, really old and really dead topic. I found this on google, so I figure I'd try to help and finally sign up.

Uhm, I happen to have tabs for a few songs, anyone use guitar pro?Tabs for everything, guitar, bass, drums , synths etc. Anyone interested?

I can export text or pdf as well.

Totsugeki love heart7th Moon

Planet Dance

My Friends

Submarine Street

Dakedo Baby

Holy Lonely Light

Heart and Soul

My Soul for you Acoustic

Remember 16

If I had the midi for Dynamite Explosion and Power to the dream, that would complete me.

If you could send those to me, I'd appreciate it. jnutta212@yahoo.com is my email. I've got a few of the songs down just by ear. My band is looking to perform a few of these songs for MacrossWorldcon09. Thanks for your help.

Consider it done.

May I upload a zip with the collection of guitar pro files on here?

That's awesome, thanks!!! As for uploading it here, if you can, I don't think anyone will mind. I've never loaded anything more than pics on here, so I've never tried to do it.

Alrighty, I have emailed some to Jasonc, how do they work for you?

Some are GP4, some are GP5 format, but, they should work fine from 4 to 5 but if you need the file in GP4 let me know, I can do that too.

Disclaimer, I didn't create these, but used midis I scoured from the tubes. I just imported and tried to correct some things that glitch out.(bass as 6 string, drums as piano, etc)

IF you have midis for Power to the Dream, Dynamite Explosion, Flash in the Dark, I'd love to have them. If you'd like the midis as well, I can up them later.(Assuming you don't go all MAHQ on my trying to spread Fire Bomber <_< )

M7_GP_files.zip

They work pretty well... Some of the tablature is a little off, but if you got them from elsewhere, and you were trying to edit the problems, they are fine for being handed down. On the guitar parts, what I get lost on is the fact that on some of the tabs, there's 4 guitars, when in fact, there shouldn't be more than two. That does make for a lot of tabbing on on instrument, but as I haven't really worked in GP5, I don't know how to do much editing. Perhaps I'll try to rework these, and add some new ones. I have a better tab for Planet Dance that I picked up from learning that one on my own. I also have Angel Voice, that I figured out on my own, too. I'll try to get those down on GP5. I also know Ai oboeteimasuka (is that how you spell it?) Perhaps I'll do that one as well.

Anyone else have guitar tabs or music sheets for any other songs? This is a good thread to get those out for all to share.

I'm a Bass guy, I just recently picked up guitar. I think some of the multi tracked guitars are to represent a switch on a foot pedal, maybe just to help cut through the multiple instruments, or they are meant to be synths. Not 100% sure. I'm just trying to spread Anima Spiritua.

I'll have to fix up Shao Pai Long and upload it later. I have Rick Hunter's Theme from Robotech, but I'm not sure on how the board will treat me for that :p

Also ANY midis from Macross you may have please share.

Edited by Cuda

I don't think it should matter too much. I think whether it's Robotech or Macross, the music for both are relatively good, especially the Michael Bradley music for Robotech. If you got some, share it. I'll post some up too. As for the Macross songs and the multiple guitar channels on GP5, I was just curious cause even if they are sound changes and whatnot, it's still one guitarist, usually two that do it all. Not complaining, cause I can definitely work with it, just not used to the format. Anyways, thanks for the explanation. I'm gonna try to rework them for two guitars and a bass and drum, so that I can have my band start to practice. Post up what you got, I'm gonna put up more shortly.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I did get the Midi files from

http://www.animelyrics.com/

Good place, look around. I did manage to find one or tow midis from other places I have lost the URL for.

I found the midi for Macross NES on

http://www.vgmusic.com/

As for Rick Hunter's Theme, I believe I got a midi pack from Macross Share blog.Eh, but alas, I did post the stuff I said I would...sorry for the lateness.

Macross_White_Lion_Shao_Pai_Long.zip

Rick_Hunter_v3b.zip

Hi guys. I don't know if you are interested, but some of Fire Bomber songs were songs changed from the band Humming Bird (Yoshiki Fukuyama san's old band). Burning Taka-Q made some very good power tabs of some of the songs. Even though his site isn't online anymore, i added those files on my site in case fans wantes to download them. http://geocities.com/nek_b/en_site.html

You will need the Power Tab editor, which will show you the tabs, the music scores and it can also play the files.

Some of the score/tabs you can download are: Macross VFX-2 Get Free, Dynamite Explosion (Humming Bird Version), Starlight Dream and Fly Away (Try Again).

Please enjoy and comment back your opinions on them.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey thanks Nekki! Awsum, I need to call a pal, and start jamming dynamite explosion on the guitar.

I did happen to stumble on a Macross Min Mei song midi, so I made a gp tab from it. GP file + Midi in the zip

Enjoy macross_minmei.zip

Hey Cuda, I don't know if you noticed, but in the tabs I provided, you can also switch to see the Bass score/tabs. I also just got the Macross 7 Band Score! It's so awesome, I totally recommend it! バンドスコア マクロス7/FIRE BOMBER BEST SCORE

Hey Cuda, I don't know if you noticed, but in the tabs I provided, you can also switch to see the Bass score/tabs. I also just got the Macross 7 Band Score! It's so awesome, I totally recommend it! バンドスコア マクロス7/FIRE BOMBER BEST SCORE

I was wondering why the auction price for the old Macross 7 band score book had been going down lately. The new one appears to have a much greater breadth of songs:

bandscore.jpg

I remember 8 years ago i was able to play songs like Angel Voice< Try Again, Submarine Street and My Soul For You either on the piano or guitar. But now It's hard to just remember what chords what for me since I haven't touched either instrument since then. My guitar is even de-stringed recently cause my C, E's strings snapped tuning it once outta bordem.

Cuda, thanks for all the guitar tab postings. I'd been looking for something like this for a while. I just started using guitar tab though. I can see the tab, but I mostly play acoustic guitar. Is there a way to see what the chords to a song are, or do I just have to figure them out based on the notes.

Cuda, thanks for all the guitar tab postings. I'd been looking for something like this for a while. I just started using guitar tab though. I can see the tab, but I mostly play acoustic guitar. Is there a way to see what the chords to a song are, or do I just have to figure them out based on the notes.

I'm totally unsure. If you mean to look at a bass tab and figure out the chord from it's root note, or do you mean the chords aren't showing correct on the tabs? I know you can use either tab or standard notation to view the tablatures. Alot of times it wull show the note weird, instead of A----7---- it shows D----2---- both nots are E on that same octave, but it makes the chords look weird

it should show

E-----

B-----

D---4--

G---5--

A---5--

E---3--

It instead shows something like

E-----

B----2-

D---0--

G---0--

A-----

E---3--

Just weird, look at the root note, maybe try to correct the tabs if you can fix the chord properly....somebody, anybody?

Electric stuff plays fine on an acoustic(to me anyway) Just go ahead and improvise a bit, the tabs aren't 100% correct, but good to point us in the right direction.

Just wanted to say thanks for these! I have been looking for Macross 7 bass tabs for ages!

Did you sign up and make your first post a thanks to me? Am I loved on this site now? Thank you!

Pfft, I had to give the tabs out. I thank you all for wanting them and sharing what you have found as well.

I wish you the best on learning and I really don't mind PMs and questions.

Oh and by the way....

FIRE!

Oh yeah, I was messing around with an octave pedal, and I had it to make it an octave higher, I started playing Totsugeki Love Heart, it sounded purtty sweet. I think some of the multiple guitar tracks are representing that.

I still haven't found anything more than has been posted. I have tons of Video game GP tabs. A good bit of Gundam and other anime tabs as well.

If anyone would like anything, a PM can deliver. If anyone would like to host these files, please do so. If you'd like to work on correcting a tab, please feel free to chit chat with me and we'll see what we can do.