The Professional Photography and Photoshop Thread

kensei

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, still no new photos. I'm awaiting the arrival of my table top lighting studio as well as some new subjects to shoot. It also looks like I might have my third lens before spring is in full swing. Hope to be the proud owner of the Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR II by the end of April.

Okay, still no new photos. I'm awaiting the arrival of my table top lighting studio as well as some new subjects to shoot. It also looks like I might have my third lens before spring is in full swing. Hope to be the proud owner of the Nikon 70-200 2.8 VR II by the end of April.

jealous.

no toy's or anything. but I was on vacation a couple weeks ago and finally got to really try out my new 70-200mm L

click for larger view/link back)

(first one shot from the back seat of a moving car by the way)

4314835517_b94deddccc.jpg

4314834461_8d7f3cf8c8.jpg

4314833695_a72e1acdfc.jpg

4314836265_7650a4a439.jpg

4315574524_7dda80dec1.jpg

4315568858_2e02554f17.jpg

all of these are untouched JPEG's that went strait from my camera to Flickr.

Edited by anime52k8

Hello,

I haven't posted any pictures on MW for several years, so I'm a little bit rusty. ^_^

I'm only using a brand new Nokia X3 music edition with 3.0 megapixel camera. My wife and I plan to buy a real digital camera soon.

My plan is to upload some pictures to Photobucket and then post them to this thread.

I checked the MW Forum Rules & Guidelines and couldn't find any information as to the recommended image size.

Please let me know what would be a good size so as to not use too much bandwidth, etc.

I also wasn't sure how people post reduced sized images, which expand to full size when they are clicked.

Thanks in advance,

Christopher B))

Hello,

I haven't posted any pictures on MW for several years, so I'm a little bit rusty. ^_^

I'm only using a brand new Nokia X3 music edition with 3.0 megapixel camera. My wife and I plan to buy a real digital camera soon.

My plan is to upload some pictures to Photobucket and then post them to this thread.

I checked the MW Forum Rules & Guidelines and couldn't find any information as to the recommended image size.

Please let me know what would be a good size so as to not use too much bandwidth, etc.

I also wasn't sure how people post reduced sized images, which expand to full size when they are clicked.

Thanks in advance,

Christopher B))

all mine are 500x333, 1024x768-ish is a good size too. If you use photobucket, you can post thumbnails

that link to full size versions but the thumbnails are tiny.

th_DSC03404.jpg

for my pics I use Flickr, which lets you upload large images and view them at different sizes. I just copy the direct link for a medium size image, use an image tag:

url goes here[/ img]

then use that as the text for a hyperlink to the larger picture: small image's URL[/ img][/ url]

Edited by anime52k8

all mine are 500x333, 1024x768-ish is a good size too. If you use photobucket, you can post thumbnails

that link to full size versions but the thumbnails are tiny.

th_DSC03404.jpg

for my pics I use Flickr, which lets you upload large images and view them at different sizes. I just copy the direct link for a medium size image, use an image tag:

url goes here[/ img]

then use that as the text for a hyperlink to the larger picture: small image's URL[/ img][/ url]

Thank you for taking the time to respond and answer my questions.

I'll buy a decent camera as soon as possible and post some pictures. B))

Full frame is in my sight :ph34r: . Trying to holdout for Nikon's next release D700x before copping the D700. This whole DX format is too confusing when trying to purchase lenses. Plus I'd rather switch while I'm still learning. More than likely will be selling the D90 and my DX lenses in the near future if anyone is interested.

Full frame is in my sight :ph34r: . Trying to holdout for Nikon's next release D700x before copping the D700. This whole DX format is too confusing when trying to purchase lenses. Plus I'd rather switch while I'm still learning. More than likely will be selling the D90 and my DX lenses in the near future if anyone is interested.

Full frame will not only make your live easier with lens purchases. The bigger sensor means that there's room for bigger pixels which means you'll have better quality pics.

if you're going to go full frame be serious about photography go canon.

fixed! :p

nope, that's not quite right. If it's the same pixel count than a full frame will give better ISO, etc etc, but if you're comparing a 20+ megapixel camera to a 12 megapixel DX then no the full frame will underperform the DX in color reproduction, ISO performance.

they each have their own uses. full frame is nice for studio or landscape work but zoom intensive stuff like birding or sports you'll often find people using and recommending DX bodies.

anyways, without the ridiculous, I bought a canon and know I made a mistake so I have to act like a fanboy every chance I get to reassure myself I didn't waste my money, rhetoric, the current crop of 20+ megapixel nikons underperform the canon comparables and nikon has put far more emphasis on their DX lenses than their full frame lenses.

nikon has put far more emphasis on their DX lenses than their full frame lenses.

DX lenses suck anyways, so do EF-S lenses. Other than for making extremely wide angle lenses to compensate for the crop factor, I don't see why you would want a lens with a short back focus. the ones that produce good images don't provide any real weight/size/cost savings and the ones that do are junk. And even on the good ones your taking away one of the best attributes of a conventional lens on a crop body: that it does crop out the outer most 40% of the image circle where you tend get all the distortion/vignetting/loss of focus/etc.

personally I like crop bodies, it's nice having the equivalent of a 1.6x teleconverter without the vignetting or 1-stop loss of maximum aperture.