Tag & Bink TPB!

Hey, guys.

I didn't dare to bump back the comic books thread (it turned into a superheroes thread, anyway), so I rather decided to start a new thread to pimp my book at this forum of exquisite science fiction connosseurs:

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=13-991

Here's the full version of the cover in desktop form:

http://www.darkhorse.com/zones/starwars/do...ads.php?did=562

The book gathers all four Tag & Bink previous issues plus the original covers, as usual. The cover for the TPB was drawn and painted by me.

On a side note, George Lucas himself bought the original cover from me :) , you can say whatever you want about him or his movies, but the man has no taste in art whatsoever.

I'm counting on you all to buy the book so I can buy more Valks for Christmas :p

Tag and Bink are kewl. I learned of Tag and Bink from Geekdrome podcast, I liked the comics right away, too bad there r so few issues.

Heh, I might just nab this even though I have all the individual comics. Fantastic work. Just quality through and through. I hope you guys get together and do more comics of this caliber in the future, even if it doesn't feature my two favourite Star Wars characters.

What you need to do is get Lucas good and drunk, and pitch the idea of a Tag&Bink animated series to him. That, or do a comic about getting Lucas good and drunk to pitch a Tag&Bink series to him. That might be equally entertaining.

Heh, I might just nab this even though I have all the individual comics. Fantastic work. Just quality through and through. I hope you guys get together and do more comics of this caliber in the future, even if it doesn't feature my two favourite Star Wars characters.

What you need to do is get Lucas good and drunk, and pitch the idea of a Tag&Bink animated series to him. That, or do a comic about getting Lucas good and drunk to pitch a Tag&Bink series to him. That might be equally entertaining.

:lol: Sounds good, Radd.

Kevin has been very busy doing some TV writing, but he is closer to George Lucas so who knows? :)

As for the TPD, it's a beautiful edition so you won't be disappointed. I already have a "preview" copy and I'm very proud of it.

Great cover, Lonely Soldier Boy. I'm not into EU anymore, but I may have to pick up a copy of this so I can say "Hey I post on a message board with this guy!" It probably won't impress anybody, but then I can sniff derisively at them and say "Well that shows how little you know."

Really! :blink: ? Well, that's awesome... serious cograts to you man.

Thanks, Man :)

Great cover, Lonely Soldier Boy. I'm not into EU anymore, but I may have to pick up a copy of this so I can say "Hey I post on a message board with this guy!" It probably won't impress anybody, but then I can sniff derisively at them and say "Well that shows how little you know."

:lol::lol::lol:

Actually, I'm not in the US either, I work from an apartment in Mexico City.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Wow! Great cover!!! I may be out of it but who's the blond haired woman between George Lucas & Jango Fett?

Oh, that's Kannen Doom, a character created by Kevin Rubio.

According to Kevin, young Kannen was Jango's pupil and lover. When Jango died, Kannen took care of little Boba and teach him the ways of the bounty hunter. When Boba was old enough, HE bacame Kannen's lover (he looked JUST like his father, so what the heck).

There's a whole story already written about all this waiting to be published, so in the meantime Kannen gets a small part in the last two books of Tag & Bink along with Boba and Jango respectively.

Kannen was also modeled afer Kevin's girlfriend, Drea Hoffman, a beautiful nice girl. The costume is my design, tho' in the cover I had to leave the helmet off for clarity.

Actually, it just occured to me that Dark Horse has some other naming convention for stories like T&B and SW Infinities. Not really Expanded Universe, but someting along the lines of Alternate Universe or something, right?

They tag all the titles that don't apply to the official timeline as "Infinities". Most books in this category have a small logo on the cover.

With Tag & Bink Kevin did a lot of hard work trying to place the two characters in key scenes of the movies and for that reason I did a lot of research trying to make the book look like if you were seeing the movies and not just another comic book. But it's a comedic story that messes with the actual movies nevertheless, so despite the fact that the books fit in the timeline very nicely, I guess that DH and Lucasfilm felt more confortable giving them the Infinities tag to avoid the wrath of the purists :p

Heh, that's too bad. Tag&Bink is about all the non-movie Star Wars I still like these days. I even went back and re-read some of my old favourites, really popular EU titles, and everything I remember liking as a teenager fell flat with me now. But I love Tag&Bink.

Heh, that's too bad. Tag&Bink is about all the non-movie Star Wars I still like these days. I even went back and re-read some of my old favourites, really popular EU titles, and everything I remember liking as a teenager fell flat with me now. But I love Tag&Bink.

Thanks for the kind words, Radd.

There might be more Tag & bInk in the future. I talked to Kevin about doing a Source Book a la "SW Visual Encyclopedia", and there's another ideas in the air, so who knows. A reader once suggested a set of bookends should be done :lol:

• 2 weeks later...