Wave High advancd Model 1/5000 DYRL SDF-1 Diecast!

xstoys

Yeah Haterist, I made that same observation... doesn't look like a "toy" in that sense.

it really doesn't look like a toy at all, just from all the little details it screams model. i really want the macross but not if its going to be tiny with a ridiculous price tag. i guess we'll have to wait and see.

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Somebody is finally making a transforming SDF-1 DYRL toy/display model. I was pretty happy to see this when these pictures first came up about a week or so ago.

Hopefully, Yamato will now step up to the plate.

How can there be a Macross toy line without the Macross itself? :)

If Jason get a hold of this then that woud be great.

i'd really like to see this next to a 1/48 VAlk or a 1/60 Vf-os just

to get ani idea fo the scale . 24cm long in bot mode or is it

24 cm in ship mode? I also want somebody to give decent

review of this thing too before i place any orders.

Twinmoons has it up for pre-order the down side is this: orders mus be submitted by the 15th which

isnt enough time for me and then theres this part

" DISCLAIMER: From all of the information that we have received, we are about 95% sure that this is a pre-assembled and fully painted figure and does NOT require assembly. However, we are still not 100% sure and there is a very slight possibility that it could be a model kit.

This 1/5000 Scale Super Dimension Fortress SDF-1 is made of ABS/PVC/Die Cast and is transformable! "

from a yahoo japan seller

^_^

「超時空è¦å¡žãƒžã‚¯ãƒ­ã‚¹ã€ã‚ˆã‚Šã€ã‚¹ãƒˆãƒ¼ãƒªãƒ¼ã®èˆžå°ã¨ã‚‚ãªã‚‹æˆ¦é—˜ç”¨å®‡å®™è‰¦ã€Œãƒžã‚¯ãƒ­ã‚¹ã€ãŒã€ãƒã‚¤ã‚¯ã‚ªãƒªãƒ†ã‚£ãªå®Œæˆå“モデルã¨ã—ã¦ç™»å ´ã€‚劇場版 「愛・ãŠã¼ãˆã¦ã„ã¾ã™ã‹ã€ã«ç™»å ´ã™ã‚‹ãƒãƒ¼ã‚¸ãƒ§ãƒ³ã‚’忠実ã«å†ç¾ãƒ‘ーツã®å·®ã—替ãˆãªã—ã§ã€ã€Œè¦å¡žè‰¦ã€ã‹ã‚‰ã€Œå¼·æ”»åž‹ã€ã¸å¤‰å½¢ãŒå¯èƒ½ã§ã™ã€‚ã¾ãŸã€ã“ã®ãƒ¢ãƒ‡ãƒ«ã¯ã€å¤–装パーツã«ABSã€ãƒ€ã‚¤ã‚­ãƒ£ã‚¹ãƒˆã‚’使用。é‡é‡æ„Ÿã‚’å¾—ã‚‹ãŸã‚ã«ãƒ€ã‚¤ã‚­ãƒ£ã‚¹ãƒˆã‚’使用ã—ãªãŒã‚‰ã‚‚ã€ãƒ‡ã‚£ãƒ†ãƒ¼ãƒ«ãŒå¿…è¦ãªãƒ‘ーツã«ã¯ã€ABSを使用。用途ã«åˆã‚ã›ã¦ã€æ§˜ã€…ãªç´ æを採用ã—ã¦ã„ã¾ã™ã€‚メカモノã®ç¡¬è³ªæ„Ÿã‚’é‡è¦ã¨ã—ã€æ質ã«ã“ã ã‚ã‚Šã¾ã—ãŸã€‚

"super-space-time fort MACROSS" -- the stage of a story -- the space warship for a battle "MACROSS" -- a high -- as a quality finished-goods model -- an appearance. The theater version The version which appears for "love - Whether remembering" is reproduced faithfully. It can change without substitution of a part into an "attacked type" from a "fort warship." Moreover, this model uses ABS and die-casting for a coating part. Though die-casting is used in order to obtain weightiness, a detail uses ABS for a required part. Various materials are adopted according to a use. The hard feeling of MEKAMONO was made important and it adhered to the quality of the material.

ダイキャストã€ABSã€PVCç´ æを使用ã—ãŸãƒã‚¤ãƒ–リッドモデル

Die-casting, ABS, the hybrid model that used the PVC material

1/5000スケール(約240mm:è¦å¡žè‰¦æ™‚)

1/5000 scale (at about 240mm: the time of a fort warship)

・è¦å¡žè‰¦ã‹ã‚‰å¼·æ”»åž‹ã¸ã€ã¾ãŸã€å¼·æ”»åž‹ã‹ã‚‰è¦å¡žè‰¦ã¸å®Œå…¨å¤‰å½¢å¯èƒ½

- From a fort warship to an attacked type, full modification on the fort warship from an attacked type is possible again.

・è¦å¡žè‰¦ã€å¼·æ”»åž‹ã€ãã‚Œãžã‚Œã«å¯¾å¿œå¯èƒ½ãªå°‚用スタンド付属 。

- Exclusive stand attachment which can respond to a fort warship, an attacked type, and each .

I just can't bring myself to order a $150 toy that I don't have any detailed information about. I was real excited about this release until I realized how small it is and how much it is going to cost. At 1/5000 scale, I can't image what features could justify such a high price tag. Maybe once we have more info...

it's on early bird on HLJ ;)

http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVMC-41

HLJ has it at $119.6o early bird pre-order thats a better price.

edit:

bit the bullet and ordered I just have to see what this is like.

Edited by Macross73

I don't understand why people aren't more excited about this, yet are head-over-heels in love with the new 19, which has had several toy incarnations over the years and has less die-cast and costs around 50% more.

And why do you guys keep saying it is too small? Isn't 25cm around the size of a 1/48 anyway? People pay for those without complaints.

I'm not attacking anyone, I was just asking for an explanation, as I find this really bizarre. It's like, Macross fans don't care about the Macross, haha.

EDIT -- I saw more detailed pics in the new Hobby Japan: I don't have the magazine though so be on the lookout for scans from... I dunno, someone.

Edited by Renato

Die cast ain't the only thing I like about a toy. Hell, I don't understand why people like die cast anyway, if it's there it's there, if not who cares as long as the toy is good. Equating weight or just presence of die cast with quality is not always true.

At 31 cm, the 1/48 would be noticeably, not incrementally, taller than the SDF-1.

I would like to have both of these. At the moment, there is too little known about this figure for me to get excited about. I want to know more, then I will make my decision.

Besides there is only so much you can do with an SDF-1 Battlecruiser than a YF-19.

I can scan the pics from Hobby Japan, there's no pics in this month's Dengeki. But there's not much point as the pics already posted in this thread from various sources are just as good if not better.

I'm looking forward to this, even though I'm far more of a Valk fan than a ship fan. I just hope it can hold a pose and the arms are not too fragile or floppy.

Graham

Renato, for me, it's just that the 24 cm height (which I'm guessing is from the tip of the main guns to the feet), just doesn't do it for me. As I've said in other posts, I'd like the Macross to be "visually" bigger than the 1/48's. And for me, that just means I'd like the head/bridge to be noticeably above the head of your standard 1/48.

This is just my personal preference, but I just don't want the namesake of the series being towered over by the Valks in my displays. And I know it's the sheer length of the main guns that makes a large-scale Macross so difficult to design.

Now understand, I'm very glad that someone is making a new and improved version of the SDF-1. I hope it sells well. And the pics I've seen so far show some really nice detailings. It's just that I want a Macross in a larger scale.

Plus, I prefer the TV-style SDF-1. ;)

I'm happy with the size of the Wave SDF-1. I'm already running out of display space as it is, just with Yamato toys, so I don't want larger toys.

Maximum height bewteen shelves in my display cabinet is only 13"-14", so a toy taller than a 1/48 VF-1 is a no-no for me. I already have to angle the Strike cannon on the 1/48 VF-1S Strike Valk Battroid as it is to get it to fit in my cabinet.

As previously mentioned, I'm not a ship guy, so I don't really care if it is smaller.

Graham

I don't understand why people aren't more excited about this, yet are head-over-heels in love with the new 19, which has had several toy incarnations over the years and has less die-cast and costs around 50% more.

And why do you guys keep saying it is too small? Isn't 25cm around the size of a 1/48 anyway? People pay for those without complaints.

I'm not attacking anyone, I was just asking for an explanation, as I find this really bizarre. It's like, Macross fans don't care about the Macross, haha.

EDIT -- I saw more detailed pics in the new Hobby Japan: I don't have the magazine though so be on the lookout for scans from... I dunno, someone.

I'm one of those guys who's apathetic towards Wave's Macross. First off, it looks like a hybrid model/toy which makes me question it's durability. Second, there are a lot of visible joints and gaps in both modes. It's safe to say that Wave did this to enhance it's posability, but the Macross was never supposed to be that flexible. Third, the pricetag doesn't justify the product. For a product that isn't very accurate to the lineart and features a relatively simple transformation, $130 is $70 too much for me.

Props to Wave for releasing the Macross, I hope it does good business for them, but I'm going to have to pass.

edit: I also prefer TV mecha over the DYRL stuff :p

Edited by TheLoneWolf

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...st&id=37330

I guess, based on the picture above (on the link), the Macross is a lil bit smaller than the wave's VF-0S kit (excluding the main guns)...that just turns me off <_<

well i just saw the preorder up on twinmoon right now...looks like they're gonna get it on 1/31/07...which means it might be released either a little bit before christmas or a little after...judging by the date, it looks like it's a little after...

btw, is there an other etailers that are gonna have it?

I am getting this anyhow, I do not mind it small since my room is getting too cramped anyway. Need more space and I hope Yamato can redesign their boxes to make it more compact. Their boxes take up too much space.

Edited by vanpang

Well I'm glad to see that someone finally decide to take the initiative to produce a complete transformable DYRL SDF-1. Now I can retire and not have to customize anymore Bandai/Matchbox SDF-1s. I did though enjoyed building them.

I'm kinda debating on ordering this version. From what I have seen and read so far, I'm not sure as to wait or go ahead and get one. The arms do look a little fragile. Also it's not as detailed as I wanted it to be. The size could be better to reflect the cost. But that's just my opinion.

Teaser announcement :D I'm building a non-transformable SDF-1 DYRL. It is bigger than your 1/48s. :o

Coming soon to macrossworld.com