Halloween 2006

Gaijin

Do you do the Halloween thing? I'm hosting a large bash this year so I'm actually playing along with the dress up thing this year. Having had some surgery last month,m I am confined to crutches for the next couple months again. So I got this:

IPB Image

The women love it. Anyone else?

Edited by Gaijin

Every year I put on a set of devil's ears and call it a day.

Of course, now that I have my Alien mask...

IPB Image

Edited by myk

My wife and I hosted a halloween party last year that bombed. This year we are planning on just going to other people's parties. We always dress to match each other, last year we were Bogey and Igmar Bergman from Casablanca. This year we are going to be Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint from North By Northwest... which are almost the same costumes from last year. We're boring.

Not sure what I'm going to be this year. Not to be too off-topic or sound like a spammer but I write for an online magazine for married couples called Hitched magazine. We're holding a Halloween costume contest where you can send us pics of you and your spouse and you'll be entered to win two Nintendo DS Lites. Check it out at www.hitchedmag.com

/spam rant over/ :p

If I were back in California without too much stuff to do, I would suggest that we gather as many guys together as possible and meet up, then run around as a giant group of Axe Gang members, and act like freaks with plastic hatchets. :lol:

I love Kung Fu Hustle. :)

I've convinced a few of my buddies to dress up as the "Deal, or No Deal?" girls...Should be pretty funny (in a dudes-in-dresses-carrying-briefcases sort of way...).

I, unfortunately, will not be able to attend. My neighborhood gets swamped with hundreds of kids every year; if I left my wife alone...She'd kill me. We just moved into the town last year. I couldn't believe my eyes when I pulled onto my street! Cars were parked on all sides, and there were quads pulling kids on flatbeds up to the top of the street. Unbelieveable...I was reminded of the famous quote from Jaws when I realized we only had four bags of candy to give out:

"We're gonna need a bigger boat..."

Edited by Rossi

Not really the same thing, but I'm going to NecronomiCon in Tampa that weekend (well, when everyone basically will celebrate Halloween instead of on the 31st).

Yeah, we thought about doing that when we moved here, but we're fairly low-key. This year a friend's hosting a movie-themed party. The wife and I are going as Godzilla and Tokyo.

Still working out the Tokyo bit...

Yeah, we thought about doing that when we moved here, but we're fairly low-key. This year a friend's hosting a movie-themed party. The wife and I are going as Godzilla and Tokyo.

A building with a big sign that says "Tokyo" :D

Put a tall grey box on your head, one on each shoulder and wear a grey shirt with tokyo spelled in red electrical tape.

I think the generic easy one is the Tower of Tokyo, it was destroyed in a few godzilla flicks and is easily recognizable. It is kinda like the eifel tower too, so you could probably make a pretty quick job out of it by using a couple overturned laundry baskets and some spray paint.

I was thinking of including Tokyo Tower in the costume, but I hadn't thought of making it the whole costume. It IS pretty much in scale with Godzilla.... My wife is Tokyo, and her only stipulation was that she wants lights. We were also considering adding lego people and green army men to be screaming extras.

Made 200 bags of candy so far for the onslaught of kids that come every year...only 200 more to go.

Last year went through nearly 400 bags. We seriously need to start thinking about going out on Halloween. :D

IPB Image

Edited by Gaijin