Graham's Sig

EXO

There was a model out for the YF-21 and i believe it to be by WAVE IIRC. (There are pictures here somewhere) If Yamato could make a durable toy based on that design, it would be wicked!

There have only been two transformable YF-21 garage kits released as far as I know. One by Studio Half Eye (SHE), the other much rarer one by D-Stance. You are probably thinking of the D-Stance kit, which had a very nice sculpt, but like most garage kits is not suitable to be coverted to an ABS/diecast mass-produced toy.

While Wave has released a 1/100 scale YF-21 garage kit, it was battroid mode only and non-transformable.

Graham

There have only been two transformable YF-21 garage kits released as far as I know. One by Studio Half Eye (SHE), the other much rarer one by D-Stance. You are probably thinking of the D-Stance kit, which had a very nice sculpt, but like most garage kits is not suitable to be coverted to an ABS/diecast mass-produced toy.

While Wave has released a 1/100 scale YF-21 garage kit, it was battroid mode only and non-transformable.

Graham

Thanks for the correction Graham.

For those that don't know what we're talking about....

http://park1.wakwak.com/~jasshy/yf21.html

the YF-21 Is kinda full of problems if u want it to be transformable and look good in all three modes. Yamatos 1/72 FP version was pretty good, though still had some massive issues. I think the 1/60 one will be good. My only real worry is the hips; they will need to br pretty stiff, since the 21 is so top heavy...

the hips, but just as important, the feet and ankles need to be tight. This is MPC convoy's big flaw, the plastic feet and ankle assembly is way too squishy to support all that diecast the thing wobbles quite a bit. The yf-21 will have to be pretty well designed given how relatively small the feet are.

I'm just DARING Yamato to even try to make this thing. As someone stated earlier, this bird will be a problem to design if aesthetics and perfect transformation are to be used together...

Knowing Yamato, they will only make it if they can make with perfect transformation. If that means it's going to look horrible next to the other 1/60's I'd rather they don't make it at all. Yamato have set the standard for these kind of toys. If a 1/60 YF-21 is going to be sub-par, I'll pass.

Knowing Yamato, they will only make it if they can make with perfect transformation. If that means it's going to look horrible next to the other 1/60's I'd rather they don't make it at all. Yamato have set the standard for these kind of toys. If a 1/60 YF-21 is going to be sub-par, I'll pass.

gotta agree with you, after hearing from graham how much time they took on the yf-19, I have much confidence that when (prescient!) the yf-21 does come out, it will meet our expectations.

That's right, Graham mentioned he had pics of other prototypes from the past three years, including a very sleek one.

Hey Graham, did you ask Yamato for permission yet to show us those pics?

Just imagine, Graham knew about the YF-19 for years and was unable to tell us about it. I'd have a very hard time not letting my fellow collectors know about all the upcoming cool stuff if I were to know about such things.

That's right, Graham mentioned he had pics of other prototypes from the past three years, including a very sleek one.

Hey Graham, did you ask Yamato for permission yet to show us those pics?

Just imagine, Graham knew about the YF-19 for years and was unable to tell us about it. I'd have a very hard time not letting my fellow collectors know about all the upcoming cool stuff if I were to know about such things.

Not if you knew ninjas hired by Yamato would kill you and your family for your actions. :lol: Apologies to Graham if this hits too close to home.

Don't ninja's always hit close to home?... :mellow:

yes, yes they do... :ph34r:

But I think its got more to do with graham just liking to make you all suffer. :lol:

YAY! not cannon fodder no more! :p

Edited by anime52k8

Okay i know that graham desperatly wants a VF-17, but it doesn't look like one is coming anytime soon but i do have a question about it none the less. The transformation is very simple so if they do Valks from the VF-X series it will be great, but do you think they can actually make the toy to where the gunpod is in the leg? Or will that interfer with the landing gear underneath?

Okay i know that graham desperatly wants a VF-17, but it doesn't look like one is coming anytime soon but i do have a question about it none the less. The transformation is very simple so if they do Valks from the VF-X series it will be great, but do you think they can actually make the toy to where the gunpod is in the leg? Or will that interfer with the landing gear underneath?

If they do the gun the correct size, I would say it probably would be very hard to conceal it in the leg and still have room to do the gear right. B))

But if u look in the Design Works book, you can see the gun folds, and collapses on itself while it is stored in the leg, and unfolds when it ejects. I think or would like to hope and wish that it can be done.

I hope you're right. I would like to see it come out able to stow the gun away where it should when not in hand. As long as it doesn't ruin some other part of the design.

Picture to show how it collapses.

My question would be; can it be designed to collapse like it is suposed to without making the gun to fragile? If there are a lot of moving parts on something that size, it adds a lot of little things that could break easily. That would suck if they pulled off making it collapse only to end up with a gun that broke too easy, but hey I would still like to see it done if it's done right.

they will probably make the vf-17 without the gunpod, sell it for about 150 dollars and 3 weeks later release the optional gunpod and sell it for 90 bucks! since it needs to be 'perfect' hehehehe

Yamato = auto maker of the toy world. Let's see, you want a basic valk or the EX model with fast packs and gun pod? Tell you what, you take that VF out there on the lot and get the EX package, and we'll throw in some tampo printing? How's that sound? Great, let's just talk to wendy in financing...

So now that i have had my yf-19 for a day, and have palyed, er, um, i mean "handled" it (heh heh heh) i desperately want a new yf-21. i am no longer satisfied with my ole 1/72 one. i know from the hints that have been dropped that yamato will go back to the m0 series next then back to m+. I am hoping the next in the m+ line will be the 21 so that i can pose them together in great dynamic poses, i can wait for the vf-11 for now. I am also hoping that some pics will be readily available by summer

• 5 weeks later...