Graham's Sig

EXO

I think its more realistic for Graham to have something already announced but not released IE YF-19 rather than something totally unannounced and not shown at hobby fairs.

I would have to agree 100%. Plus, it might not be anything Macross-related at all (but probably is) :p

I think its more realistic for Graham to have something already announced but not released IE YF-19 rather than something totally unannounced and not shown at hobby fairs.

My thoughts exactly.

Graham has a pre-production YF-19 and it's bigger than he expected.

Edited by Dante74

Well if we found out, wouldn't Yamato get pissed Graham at spoiling the goods to us?

Yamato probably sent Graham a message: "Torture and tease your forumers, for they nitpick too much, and it hurts our feelings and makes us cry. :( " :lol:

Yeah they might get upset, but Graham isn't likely to spill the beans until they

say its OK to do more than have everybody guessing.

They just want to tease us ..... into drooling, slobbering submission :p

I have always found this whole yamato "top secret" thing completely annoying.

Seriously, what's the big concern? They really have no competition when it comes to Macross. If they said:

"We will be releasing the YF-21 sometime in 2007." Do they think other companies are going to run out and make a YF-21 of their own?

Throwing a bone in the way of future releases to the fans would certainly be nice instead of this cloak and dagger stuff. Not sure who gets a kick out of that other then Yamato and Graham. Because I collect other things, and news is released way in advance. Maybe yamato was founded by a former spy or military officer that just can't let go.

Seriously, what's the big concern? They really have no competition when it comes to Macross. If they said:

"We will be releasing the YF-21 sometime in 2007." Do they think other companies are going to run out and make a YF-21 of their own?

Throwing a bone in the way of future releases to the fans would certainly be nice instead of this cloak and dagger stuff. Not sure who gets a kick out of that other then Yamato and Graham. Because I collect other things, and news is released way in advance. Maybe yamato was founded by a former spy or military officer that just can't let go.

Ha ha. Quoted for hilarity and truth!!

This one is for you Yamato!

Amen to that. There's a similar dynamic in the transformers community .. sooper secret plans, a few insiders in the know, a big show of righteous anger when news leaks out. Long ago, under a different name, I was the first to post illicit pix of Yamato's 1/60 vf-1. That post got taken down mighty quick. Of course, that's Yamato's call, I don't blame Graham for following their wishes (although I do blame him for all the taunting! :D ). Yamato could learn something from Bandai: advance news and teasers whets the appetite of the fans, and builds up buzz. I think that lesson may be slowly starting to sink in.

We do have to bear in mind one thing: they don't want to tell us about plans that aren't finalized, because we'll be even more pissed if we hear there's a yf-21 coming and then it gets cancelled.

We do have to bear in mind one thing: they don't want to tell us about plans that aren't finalized, because we'll be even more pissed if we hear there's a yf-21 coming and then it gets cancelled.

Or that it's coming and 4 years later we see a proto.

Some reason that sounds familiar....

Also, the founders of Yamato probably goes to the same budhist temple that Steve Jobs goes to (Apple, CEO for those who aren't in the know) which in turn explains the secretive nature. :)

hehehehe...I hope that's not the case, cuz if it was we'd have way too much to collect.

The 1/48 Valk, the 1/60, and then...

the 1/72 Valk Nano and the 1/144 Valk Shuffle :lol:

hehehehe...I hope that's not the case, cuz if it was we'd have way too much to collect.

The 1/48 Valk, the 1/60, and then...

the 1/72 Valk Nano and the 1/144 Valk Shuffle :lol:

!!! No no, chow is on to something:

apple = overpriced / yamato = overpriced

apple = endless color variants of same few products / yamato = endless variants of VF-1

apple = minor upgrades per release / yamato = minor fixes per re-release

apple = easily scratched surfaces / yamato = easily broken hinges

maybe steve jobs acutally owns yamato!

Sorry, but I think I need to inject this with a bit of a dose of reality, and be the stick in he mud on this one (then again I am posting in the toys forum when I'm a modeler.) There are plenty of good business reasons NOT to announce something before its fairly advanced, and its not for competition reasons. When Yamato annouces something its almost as if they are committing to producing that item. If they do it early, when they haven't solidified all the aspects of the program (ie unit cost, feasability, ect), then they may be on the hook for costs or problems later that they were not aware of. By not announcing it they aren't dashing anybody's expectations if they do, because they have no hopes to keep. I can just imagine the complaining that would go on in here if some person's favorite project got canned after it being announced.

I'm sure there is also marketing rationales behind not annoucing it too early, and making a splash at toyshows or magazines about a new product, rather than have a long drawn out expectation period about something that was announced a year ago.

Edited by Noyhauser

I'm sure there is also marketing rationales behind not annoucing it too early, and making a splash at toyshows or magazines about a new product, rather than have a long drawn out expectation period about something that was announced a year ago.

Example: MPC Beta Fighter? :lol:

And they're still thinking about the profitability of the Beta based on the Alpha sales. :rolleyes:

But good points there. I think the secrecy is also due to the "Yamato YF-19 Fallout" that happened a few years back. They wanna avoid that from happening again.

I love my Yamatos.

But when you talk about a company that might not announce what they plan to make and risk letting people down when it fails to materialize, and actually look at their over the top prices along with somewhat lacking QC...that sounds highly unlikely that's the reason.

I don't own a business, but I certainly would put much more conscious thought into making a quailty product for those that can actually shell out the money for it instead of who might get disappointed by something I never end up making.

Like I said, I love my yamato's. But I'd love them a lot more if they were cheaper and a little better made.

But seriously...I doubt Yamato has our best interests in mind when it comes to future release announcements.

Edited by Rabidweezil

All the secrecy about the features of the yf19 was a bit unecessary though imo. I mean not telling us that the shoulders can angle up on the 19 and graham laughing at us for 50 pages is a sick and twisted, you know what I mean? :D Like someone said: it's not like there are other companies competing with them, so it makes no sense to me that they'd hold back on info like that instead of just revealing all in one chunk.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Well if we didn't get these teasers like this and Yamato let Graham tell us everything that was in the works for the next few years, we'd have no more pleasant surprises. If we immediately got all the pictures of prototypes and final production versions right away, without having the info release spaced out, we wouldn't get as excited as we do necessarily.

And as others have pointed out, it would be a pissed to have found out something like: "We're making the VF-4!" Only to have it be cancelled later after we've been drooling over it.