Heroes

Dangard Ace

And the frivolous suits appear:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stor...16?OpenDocument

Ridiculous.

Emer-who? At this point I would like to point to you stupid ass suits that this show has ALREADY been rebroadcast at least twice in the U.S. and in Canada. Dumbass!

NBC should start sticking other things into garbage disposals for the fun of it now. Potatoes, jello, pie, guinea pigs, mice, snakes, birds, alligators, Tickle Me Elmos, Big Bird, Polkaroo, Teletubbies, Oprah, Rosie, Kate Moss, Paris....etc.

Saw some preliminary Monday night audience numbers from the following article:

http://www.fanpop.com/external/8972

Here are the particulars (since the article deals with a lot of Studio60 stuff before it gets into Heroes):

"The better news was that Heroes continued to look strong. Though it dipped 10 percent from last week?s 5.9, it continued to build audience in its second half hour and again won its timeslot."

"At 9 p.m., Heroes led at 5.3, followed by a 4.8 for CBS's Two and a Half Men (5.2) and The New Adventures of Old Christine (4.5), a 3.3 for the first hour of ABC?s Bachelor, a 2.5 for the finale of Univision's Barrera de Amor, a 2.3 for Fox's Vanished, and a 0.8 for the CW's second airing of Runway, which was up slightly (0.1) over last week."

"Despite strong retention for Heroes after last week's debut, NBC fell behind CBS on Monday night for the first time this season, averaging a 4.2 rating and 11 share to the latter's 4.6/11." [that is Heroes won the slot, but NBC lost overall to CBS]

Go Heroes! Still going strong audiencewise.

Is this anything like the comic series rising stars? it seems to resemble it an awful lot

kinda, in that it revolves around a bunch of everday types who discover powers and there seems to be some reason that the powers that be gave them powers... but differs from rising stars in that, for the most part, they're all adults when they discover their powers, there's a limited number of them, and their powers tend to be very specific, and not the sort of throwing energy and being superficialy superhero like.

The show is starting off kinda slow but there's some cool potential and the cast seems pretty solid.

kinda, in that it revolves around a bunch of everday types who discover powers and there seems to be some reason that the powers that be gave them powers... but differs from rising stars in that, for the most part, they're all adults when they discover their powers, there's a limited number of them, and their powers tend to be very specific, and not the sort of throwing energy and being superficialy superhero like.

The show is starting off kinda slow but there's some cool potential and the cast seems pretty solid.

Most of the powers in rising stars started off very normal and stuff, its just that when they started dying and their energy was being spread amongst the survivor is when they started the whole throwing energy thing. Also rising stars started off with 113 "specials", while that is way more than heroes i am afriad that a lot of the plot lines from heroes would start to mimc rising stars. Be careful, if they start saying the reason these people have these powers is to save the world and make it perfect then i suggest you start reading rising stars and see how it turns out. But hopefully they aren't using rising stars and will go another route. only time will tell

Edited by kanedaestes

I could care less if it parallels some comic book story...how could it NOT be about people who will save the world...in fact, it was stated they will in the very first episode.

I doubt that that makes it some rip off of some comic book since "people saving the world" with "super powers" has been done well before rising blah blah whatever...

Oh i am not saying it's a rip off or anything, i was just curious is all. i just don't want to get into the show and already know where it may go is all

Not sure what to tell you. I don't like most shows on TV, but I like it so far.

i like it because it's not so sugar coated. I was very surprised to see the amount of adult content (gore, blood, etc.) on a public station. The script is really good too because you already get a good grasp of the characters without having to be 20 episodes deep.

Woohoo! It's here for the season!! Take that haters!

NBC has announced that they have given Heroes a full season order, rewarding the show for its success in its early weeks.

Here's the press release.

---

BURBANK - October 5, 2006 - NBC has given a full-season order for 2006-07 to "Heroes" (Mondays, 9-10 p.m. ET) - the critically acclaimed and #1 new series this Fall in adults 18-49 (tied with ABC's "Brothers & Sisters") -- it was announced today by Kevin Reilly, President, NBC Entertainment.

"'Heroes' has delivered exceptional ratings since it's premiere and we're even more impressed with the quality of the upcoming episodes," said Reilly. "We have complete confidence in creator-executive producer Tim Kring. The best is yet to come over the course of a full season with this newest drama sensation."

"Heroes" is averaging a 5.7 rating, 14 share in adults 18-49 and 13.5 million viewers overall, making it the #1 new series this Fall in adults 18-49, tied with ABC's "Brothers & Sisters." "Heroes" is the #1 show in its competitive Monday 9-10 p.m. (ET) slot in adults 18-49, generating a 43 percent increase on NBC's non-sports average for the time period last season.

From creator-executive producer Kring (NBC's "Crossing Jordan") comes "Heroes," an epic drama that chronicles the lives of ordinary people who discover they possess extraordinary abilities.

They include a genetics professor (Sendhil Ramamurthy, "Blind Guy Driving") in India who is led by his father's disappearance to uncover a secret theory - that there are people with super powers living among us. Also featured are a young dreamer (Milo Ventimiglia, "Gilmore Girls") tries to convince his politician brother (Adrian Pasdar, "Judging Amy") that he can fly. A high school cheerleader (Hayden Panettiere, "Ice Princess") learns that she is totally indestructible. A Las Vegas single mother (Ali Larter, "Final Destination") struggles to make ends meet to support her young son (Noah Gray-Cabey, "My Wife & Kids") and discovers that her mirror image has a secret.

In addition, a fugitive from justice (Leonard Roberts, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") continues to baffle authorities who twice have been unable to contain him. A gifted artist (Santiago Cabrera, "Empire"), whose drug addiction is destroying his life and relationship with his girlfriend (Tawny Cypress, "Third Watch"), can paint the future. A down-on-his-luck Los Angeles beat cop (Greg Grunberg, "Alias") can hear people's thoughts, which puts him on the trail of an elusive serial killer. In Japan, a young man (Masi Oka, NBC's "Scrubs") develops a way to stop time through sheer will power.

Their ultimate destiny is nothing less than saving the world.

Joining Kring as executive producer are Dennis Hammer (NBC's "Crossing Jordan") and Allan Arkush (NBC's "Crossing Jordan"). The drama is produced by NBC Universal Television Studio.

Woohoo! It's here for the season!! Take that haters!

So are many shows that die-off quickly or simply die an ugly slow death(Enterprise for example). But if, it comes to that, they are smart maybe they will only go a full season and set up an example of short term story telling.

Besides Kring, Dennis Hammer, and Allan Arkush will totally screw up their second season given just how bad their previous show has turned into.

So are many shows that die-off quickly or simply die an ugly slow death(Enterprise for example). But if, it comes to that, they are smart maybe they will only go a full season and set up an example of short term story telling.

Besides Kring, Dennis Hammer, and Allan Arkush will totally screw up their second season given just how bad their previous show has turned into.

And unfortunately the opposite is true too. RIP Firefly.

Ever the voice of pessimism eh? ;)

Wow, I decided to check out the show last night, so I downloaded both episodes and actually liked it alot. Great twisters and surprises, lots better then I thought the show would be.

I keep thinking she has two distinct powers:

1. Healing.

2. Feels no pain. Otherwise, she wouldn't be nearly so casual about things, and probably spend half her life just screaming.

PS--is it just me, or is she incredibly accident-prone/unlucky? I mean, she'd have already died like 4 times so far, excluding the "stunts" for the camera etc. Key question is the sink disposal---did she go after it knowing full well she couldn't be hurt, or was she just stupid and stuck her hand in without thinking?

PPS--Peter, dude, just try not-so-high things. If you can do it, you can do it from 10 inches, not just 10 feet. ::edit:: Damn, just read a spoiler about him. I tend to avoid threads about shows/games/movies, as well as wikipedia for that reason. Might leave this thread too, as even speculation tends to bug me---because there's always at least a few that are right. I'm the opposite of someone who searches out every forum and bit of info--I like surprises, and try NOT to figure things out. Entertainment is supposed to be just that.

wow, that ending was crazy. I'm really starting to like this series.

"Holy Shi-!" :lol:

PPS--Peter, dude, just try not-so-high things. If you can do it, you can do it from 10 inches, not just 10 feet.

You've got to admit that was funnier then heck when he kept falling face first into the sandbox.

this has been a pretty good show so far this year. i really expected it to suck, or be mediocre, but its surprised me. I'm hooked, and I'll keep watching. As a comic fan, and as a fan of rising stars, powers, watchmen, etc. ("realistic" superhero stuff), i'm liking the show and the way its headed.

Wow... just finished it. That was really good. If it continues to be like that it'll be right up there with Lost and BSG on my list. Kinda what I wanted Unbreakable to be. I felt like Unbreakable was a 5 minute movie compared to this.

My thoughts exactly...except for the Unbreakable part...that movie needed allot more help then that :lol:

Its definatly a keeper for me this season...so far who is your favorite hero? Bi-polar blonde hottie is up there for me. :wub:

So Claire's powers are like Wolveerine, extermely fast cellular regeneration. Only thing she lacks is claws and admantium. Nkki's powers are the Hulk's. When she gets scared, the monster in her comes out to protect her. That monster has spuer strength and speed. And Sylar is a telekinetic.

vinnie