Heroes

Dangard Ace

Does anyone knows usually when they will release the DVD for sale? Is it after it finished air-ing or when it's air-ing? This is the only America series that hooked me since I was born.

After airing.

Finally watched Heroes during the marathon yesterday, good show. I just wish they showed the very 1st episode as well. I was waiting for the DVD to come out since I missed the show from the beginning and did not want to watch it half way through but the re-airing caught my eye and now look forward to Ep. 4 tonight.

Finally watched Heroes during the marathon yesterday, good show. I just wish they showed the very 1st episode as well. I was waiting for the DVD to come out since I missed the show from the beginning and did not want to watch it half way through but the re-airing caught my eye and now look forward to Ep. 4 tonight.

They couldn't. Emerson was suing the show for using an Emerson Insinkerator(or whatever the hell it's called) for the scene with Claire(Hayden Panettiere) and the Garbage Disposal. NBC decided to remove/edit the scene to not show the Insinkerator. I think you can still find the pilot elsewhere.(hint hint)

Well the latest episode was just a little slower then normal BUT

a) Nathan flies...and he flies better then Clark Kent in Smallville. Landing needs work though. :p

b) HRG FTW! Stupid QB. :p

c) D.L. finally makes his appearance

d) Save the Cheerleader. Save the World.

The aircraft nut in me had to figure out Nathan's speed and acceleration. My only conclusion is that "I think that in real life, he probably would have ripped his skin off" :)

But yes, that is definitely the coolest flying effect I've ever seen. (And the aircraft nut in me has to also wonder if they based it on the "doughnuts on a rope" effect)

So Claire obviously gets attacked by Sylar. That's not suprising since I believe he's been following her. The mysterious figure at the bonfire... and definitely the figure standing over her body in the painting. We know that Sylar has telekinetic abilities. Peter obviously mimics them in the painting were you can seeing the locker doors fly away from him (and presumably at Sylar to protect Claire). Obviously the combined powers of Claire, Hiro, and Peter are enough to drive Sylar away. Then again, Peter gains all of their powers if they are all fighting in close proximity. Can you imagine? Peter would be invincible.

Why does Sylar attack "specials"? It might be that Sylar is similar to Peter in that he can copy other's powers. But unlike Peter, he can do it permanently if he kills them and does something with their brain. Note the child and how her father died? Frozen solid with his skull cap sliced off. Same with Isaac in the future except not frozen. That's another ability of Sylar control over thermal energy. He's an egomaniac trying to gather all the powers out there and that's why he has to kill Isaac. With a psychic predicting his every move, it's going to be hard to do anything.

Lastly, Peter actually retains the powers he copies for a short time aftwerwards. It probably just fades away over time.

It was cute how the writers led us on that Peter's powers were flight when it was really Nathan's. Now how long has Nathan known that he can fly?

vinnie

I've seen the "Sylar steels powers" meme elsewhere, but I'm just not seeing it in the show. He appears to be a really powerful TK is all. The interaction between Hiro and Nathan was fun, and Nathan has got a serious set of balls for how he handled the mob guy blackmailing him like that. Mr. Bennet really screwed up with Nathan; they apparently forgot that he's ex-military. But, seeing him in the hospital was awesome. He definitely cares for Claire, and I'm more and more leaning in the "he's not a villain" direction.

He definitely cares for Claire, and I'm more and more leaning in the "he's not a villain" direction.

Ditto, it seems most people seem to associate him with sylar, but we haven't confirmed who Sylar is yet. Plus, there isn't any proof that Claires Dad or his assoviate have hurt anyone yet, accept the quarter back and even then not really....considering.

Since he is associated with that strange symbol, and future Hiro hand it on his sword handle, maybe he really is a good guy, and we were just being misdirected into believing he was bad.

Chris

Saw ep 4.

:lol:

The scene lighting's not to bad for a newer show! But that'll change in season 2, more then likely for the bad. Overall, *shrugs*, guess you gotta been a fan... Fairly typical hollywood rip-off of RS. Sooooo where's the person that can hear the dead and the Critical Mass copycat? I fully expect them to pop-up before next season or early 2nd season.

OH!, btw isn't Micheal Turner doing the online comic? Or is that someone else? I found that particularly cute, given how some people are denying that it's not an RS rip-off. ^_^

Saw ep 4.

The scene lighting's not to bad for a newer show! But that'll change in season 2, more then likely for the bad. Overall, *shrugs*, guess you gotta been a fan... Fairly typical hollywood rip-off of RS. Sooooo where's the person that can hear the dead and the Critical Mass copycat? I fully expect them to pop-up before next season or early 2nd season.

OH!, btw isn't Micheal Turner doing the online comic? Or is that someone else? I found that particularly cute, given how some people are denying that it's not an RS rip-off. ^_^

A what? WTH is RS? And honestly, if it bothers you...why watch? :blink:

I don't think that Claire's dad is a bad guy at all. I think they are a watchdog group aware of specials... and they don't want another Sylar on the loose. Their job is to monitor.

I only say that Sylar has copying abilities because why else would he kill specials?

vinnie

I don't think that Claire's dad is a bad guy at all. I think they are a watchdog group aware of specials... and they don't want another Sylar on the loose. Their job is to monitor.

I only say that Sylar has copying abilities because why else would he kill specials?

vinnie

The fact that all the people he kills are specials is itself an assumption, although a likely one given the map in his apartment. As to why, well there can be any number of reasons ranging from just wanting to eliminate the competition to him just being a whacked out serial killer.

Saw ep 4.

Are you going to contribute anything to this thread other then, "It's a Rising Star ripoff!" in every one of your posts? Cause if you're not you are trolling same as the sony, microsoft, nintendo fanboys do in each others thread and I will not tolerate that.

The fact that all the people he kills are specials is itself an assumption, although a likely one given the map in his apartment. As to why, well there can be any number of reasons ranging from just wanting to eliminate the competition to him just being a whacked out serial killer.

Well iirc when Mohinder listens to the answering machine Sylar mentions he "hungers for it". I'm guessing he hungers for 'power' and from his apartment he's studying brains. Beyond that, it's all up to speculation.

The aircraft nut in me had to figure out Nathan's speed and acceleration. My only conclusion is that "I think that in real life, he probably would have ripped his skin off"

Actually you should've tried to figure out how he managed to keep his PJ's on. :p

Didn't Nathan's face have some sort of scoring on it after he landed or was that just supposed to be dirt? I kind of took it, that it was a result of the friction from his high speeds.

Chris

I got a gut feeling that syler is some sort of preditory special. Maybe he has to eat specials to maintain or increase his abilities.

the cheerleaders dad...can you say mutant registration act

What did you think of the preview of next weeks battle b/w the brainy kids mom and dad.

I am loving this series. Great stuff. The artist doing the online comics is Tim Sale, not MIchael Turner. Sale did the pencils for Batman: The Long Halloween, Batman: Dark Victory, A Superman for all Seasons and all of the Marvel "Color" books, such as Spiderman: Blue and Hulk: Gray.

I am loving this series. Great stuff. The artist doing the online comics is Tim Sale, not MIchael Turner. Sale did the pencils for Batman: The Long Halloween, Batman: Dark Victory, A Superman for all Seasons and all of the Marvel "Color" books, such as Spiderman: Blue and Hulk: Gray.

Actually, the online comics are done by:

Michael Turner: First Issue

Marcus To: Second and Fifth Issues

Michal Gunnel: Third and Fourth Issues

Tim Sale does some heroes related art, like the postage stamps and some panels shown in the actual show, but he (unfortunately) hasn't done any of the online comics yet.

I find it somewhat humorous that one could complain about a comic show bearing major similarities to an existing comic title, especially when comic writers and artists have been ripping off of each other for the last 80 years or so. It's sort of the nature of the genre. And frankly, I find Heroes, which stays more true to genre (and is written and co-produced by well known comic writers, no less!), much more palpatable than something like Smallville or Lois and Clark, as decent shows as they are.

Edited by Sundown

I'm gonna guess Nathan's flying powers are like that of The Flash where they can move fast but have some sort or anti-friction/heat aura around them. I also don't fully get the powers of Niki, I thought she was like a Hulk-type, but it didn't really seem she was super strong when she beat the guy up in the elevator and not crush him. Maybe she's like a Jekyle-Hyde type with just timid vs. assertive types in her.

I wondered about his PJ's too... Anyways---today I was thinking and also thought the best explanation is an "accessory" power like a force field, or simply "friction resistant skin" or something. If you think about it, a LOT of "comic powers" require multiple ones linked together, to actually be useful/practical.

And I'm pretty sure it was dirt on his face from landing. He wouldn't HAVE a face if he had scorch marks from atmospheric friction.

No doubt, I agree that it was dirt. Just a thought, it is TV and sometimes they will just do something because they think it'll look cool, like they are trying to be realistic but then just make it even more unrealistic. :p

Chris

I'm gonna guess Nathan's flying powers are like that of The Flash where they can move fast but have some sort or anti-friction/heat aura around them. I also don't fully get the powers of Niki, I thought she was like a Hulk-type, but it didn't really seem she was super strong when she beat the guy up in the elevator and not crush him. Maybe she's like a Jekyle-Hyde type with just timid vs. assertive types in her.

Thats what I thought about Nikki's power as well. Very similar to Jekyle and Hyde or the Hulk. Her strength could be explained away by her having access to increased levels of endorphines(hormones) or testosterone. This would also explain her aggressive nature.

Jeph Loeb (well Known comic writer) is one of the executive producers of the show. He's also worked on Smallville and Lost. I think he's now writing for Marvel.

This show reminds me of Grant Morrisons Seven Soldiers of Victory.

Edited by Golden Arms

Jeph Loeb's gonna be writing Ultimates Vol.3 for Marvel, as well as a Spidey project later on down the road with J. Scott Campbell. Hes done Superman/Batman and Supergirl for DC.This show reminds me not so much of RS, but more of an Indie book done by Brian Wood (now on DMZ, a great book, check it out) called Demo, about people getting powers. A great book out in trade now.

My bad on the artist question. I haven't looked at them yet, so I assumed Sale's work on the show was on the web comics.

So that's DL's powers... explains the Houdini comment. I still don't get Niki's powers... It's like there's another person inside her with their own goals and ambitions...

vinnie

She's like the "Three Faces of Eve" but with super powers and a bad ass attitude.

Speculation:

All you guys are noting that Sylar may have power-stealing abilities similar to Peter's. That he obviously is hunting specials, takes the brains of only SOME of his kills (so as to permanentize the absorption?), "hungers for [power]", etc. He's also demonstrated several distinct powers - telekinesis, thermal control, possibly regeneration, flight, strength. So, then, why not an obvious possible conclusion... Sylar IS Peter? We've already met future Hiro - why not a psychotic future Peter? Perhaps he made it back to "the beginning" via use of Hiro's power, and is here to change the past in his own way....

Credible?