Heroes

Dangard Ace

It's the big new trend in movies, TV, and games---you need to buy/read everything else to really get the whole story. Star Wars ROTS is a good example---buy the prequel and sequel novels, and watch season 2 of Clone Wars---that's the WHOLE story, the movie was just "a good chunk of the middle". It can stand alone, but there's a lot more out there.

yea lots of movies are doing the go buy/read other stuff to understand the full story or to complete it

.hack = #1 thing that does it buy 4 games watch tv shows read books etc

Matrix did it with the animatrix and enter the matrix

X-men told you to play the game to figure out why night crawler disapeared in X-3

I too find it annoying but these comics are free and nice easy short reads

http://www.heroesrevealed.com/novels/heroe...as-image-files/

nice site that has them all easy to access without any ads or stuff

• 2 weeks later...

Yup.

I kept expecting Claire to go Booyah! on the head cheerleader but she stayed a good girl this episode. Parkmans finally using his power like he should. Go HRG! Hiro....I'm thinking he's going to be the real Kensei since he knows what he's supposed to do. Peter...eh. No Jessica, D.L. or Sylar?

Finally does Nathan sleep around alot?

Great opener. I am pleased with the back story on the previous generation too.

I thought that it was pretty flat. Lack of compelling advertising set-up did them in on that front. They also had some fairly bad decisions made during it's writing. Flyer should've stayed "assumed" dead, the whole redemption arc will be extremely passe' because it's been done to death, which would've allowed them to better focus on other characters. But it's falling quite into the place where I said it would nearly from the beginning, they'll work as a team.. blah, blah, blah, S2 is now officially S3-4 of X-men.

Plague girl is basically a language extension and 'the' mystery element for the season. Takers on what the next new characters language will be!! :lol: They'll need a french/german soon and if it follows form than they'll be one of the "badguys".

Element Lad, ROFL!, needed to be someone else though I'm not gonna condemn their actor pick.

Still trying to figure out where 'better off dead' Peter got his 'cold/electric' power.

Hiro as Kensei is so obvious I wonder if it's a red herring at this point. Was I the only one expecting Sulu when he revealed himself?

Guess we have to wait for a flashback now to see the older generation's powers. I wanted to see what Sulu could do.... :(

Guess we have to wait for a flashback now to see the older generation's powers. I wanted to see what Sulu could do.... :(

We've already seen that powers are not individually exclusive: power absorption/emulation and flight. Maybe Hiro's father is "Unbreakable", like Claire. I don't see his character as being so disposable as to be offed in the first episode of season 2.

And I must mostly agree with chrono... the season opener was a bit "flat".

Managed to finally remember to sit down and watch Heroes last night. I really, really should have watched this show from the first episode. I didn't watch until it was almost all over last season. Of course, I also went right out last night after the premiere and bought the 1st Season DVDs from Wally World (impulse buying is so much better when you actually have money to spend anyway). Stayed up until 8AM watching the first 10 episodes and the Unaired Pilot. ^_^

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

The premier was alright. This time around, I'm going to be able to watch from the beginning. Some new plot lines were explored. New characters introduced. There's a lot going on and they haven't even touched on all the characters yet. Curious to see how this season will flow with all the storylines. I'm waiting for Kristen Bell to be on, though what's with all the blond-haired females on this show?

Surprised I haven't seen anyone comment on this anywhere. It was freaky in Superman Returns, it's freaky here. Using your powers to hover outside a girl's window isn't romantic, it's stalking. At least he didn't use x-ray vision or super-hearing.

We\'ve already seen that powers are not individually exclusive: power absorption/emulation and flight. Maybe Hiro\'s father is \"Unbreakable\", like Claire. I don\'t see his character as being so disposable as to be offed in the first episode of season 2.

And I must mostly agree with chrono... the season opener was a bit \"flat\".

If that were true, why would someone that knew him well throw him off a building to kill him? I suspect it was the assasin with that power.

I wasn\'t expecting much, but it moves the story along. So it that Hispanic girl a vampire or somthing?

I don't think Kaito Nakamura was pushed over the ledge as an attack--I think he flipped the bad guy over the ledge, and got pulled down along with.

As for the girl--read the web comic. #51. http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/downloads...s_novel_051.pdf

The connection with her brother is unspecified, but the obvious guess is "if he's with her, it doesn't happen". Thus, why he's so desperate to always be right next to her. Makes me wonder if his power is like the Haitian's nullifying power, or if it only works with his sister. (They're supposed to be twins AFAIK)

Speaking of which, anyone else get the feeling we've seen that assassin before. Been a while since I've seen the first season, but remember when Matt and the female detective are fighting "Sylar" in the police station? I can't remember if he was wearing a hoodie or the baseball cap he's eventually captured in. Plus, since then we never see Sylar fly.

It was ok.

There was one thing I didn't like about it. The way last season ended, it had some weight because there was sacrifice, there was cost, there was courage while facing the unknown. Now we find out that everyone survived the finale(even Sylar is most likely alive) so it feels like what I liked about last season's ending has been undone. That might be too harsh, but that was my impression immediately after watching the episode and particularly Peter's reveal.

That said, there were things to like.

HRG guy working at a copy store, putting up with the resident Napolean, and then after using up way more patience than I would have expected so deliciously putting him in his place.

Did you notice that it was Nathan that bumped into Ando? I wonder if Nathan's doing the delivery of the marked pictures. Speaking of which, I was happy to see Ando again. I hope he gets back to sidekicking with Hiro. I'm kind of glad they're exploring Hiro's messing with a time line too. Future Hiro warned of the risks, but they never did specify the costs of him being wreckless with a timeline.

So will the Hondurans be our new present day Wonder Twins? I think/hope there's much more to this than just "plague girl".

Never considered that, but it could be. My overall thoughts of the ep were that it was 30 mins of stuff stretched out to an hour. Especially Claire's stuff.

Also--I kinda doubt "he" is dead. We have no idea what his power is. Maybe it's creating dead clone bodies to fool people...

Have they ever shown Hiro's mother?

Just curious in light of the info we learned from Mama Petrelli when she was being questioned at the police station.

I'll put that in the "maybe" pile.

True, after thinking about it for a few secs my guess was he was her greatx10grandfather or something. But still---that whole little plotline IMHO should have just ended there, and Hiro goes on and does the obvious thing.

But about the kid at Claire's school---I'm guessing it's more random chance, no relation. I mean, Heroes is obviously "everyone knows or is related to everyone else", but if he's got a link somehow---that's just stupid.

k since the mods aren't using the spoiler highlight :lol:

Agreed, I would have preferred if the arrows were the end of him.

LOL Danguard, maybe Mr. Muggles ate it and was exploded from the inside out by the new Claire.

Did Peter come in contact with D.L.? I can't remember, but he used the phasing on the ropes.

Maybe, Ireland Pete is Sylar? Did Sylar absorb the shapeshifter's powers?

Time to go rewatch the Season Finale.

Edited by chowyunskinny

I mean, Heroes is obviously "everyone knows or is related to everyone else", but if he's got a link somehow---that's just stupid.

Wasn't it said somewhere in Season 1 that they would almost instinctively search for each other? Basically an evolutionary imperative to find others like themselves to mate so as to increase the chances of offspring that are gifted.

i dont think he will be. It would be sort of annoying if he was. Though he does look frustratingly like them...

Peter was in the plaza with Nikki and DL in the finale, and so would have their powers for sure. In fact he should also be able to track down anyone he can think of, because of Molly....