Heroes

Dangard Ace

I agree about the fight... you'd think that Sylar's super hearing could detect Peter.

And what's up with Linderman... now he just can't stay off the screen. I wonder what the mom's power is.

Awesome episode otherwise. Can't wait til next week.

I think that Sylar is like Peter in the way that he can use only 1 "Learned" power plus his innate power. Ultraboy +1. lol And it does seem to point in the direction of "If both or one of the parents have powers their children also have them." doesn't it. I just hope she doesn't have any, but I can't help but wonder about Nathan's kids...

I loved the bit at the end. Future Hiro's timeline isn't linear and he seems a bit surprised to meet himself.

I'm really starting to hate Hiro's story. It's just gotten so stupidly Quantum Leap/Star Trek that it's just lame. The whole parallel time jump that happened before the break made me go 'ugh!' but the current "meets himself" is just horrible bs. It wouldv'e been better if he would've lost the time shift portion of his powers, but kept the space shifting portion.

I'm really starting to hate Hiro's story. It's just gotten so stupidly Quantum Leap/Star Trek that it's just lame. The whole parallel time jump that happened before the break made me go 'ugh!' but the current "meets himself" is just horrible bs. It wouldv'e been better if he would've lost the time shift portion of his powers, but kept the space shifting portion.

I couldn't disagree more. So far, they've been handling the time travel quite well and the character of Hiro continues to be a lot of fun.

I loved the whole episode...I was a lil dissapointed in the "big" fight between Sylar and Peter. When Peter got hit with the glass everyone in my living room was yelling at the TV " Just take the glass out!!!!" LOL Knew that Claire would be the one to eventually figure it out though. Cant wait to see next week's episode and whats gonna be goin on with Hiro( was surprised he "ran" into himself)

As for Sylar, why does he not have The List committed to memory with his eidetic memory? He saw the list in the computer screen, unless its a fake list. That or it wasn't in English and his memory doesn't work unless he understands what he is reading. But it was shown that the list was in English.

A buddy at work pointed out that Hiro changed the timline so that Sylar never killed Charlie the girl with the super memory. So he was never at that diner and didn't absorb her power.

A buddy at work pointed out that Hiro changed the timline so that Sylar never killed Charlie the girl with the super memory. So he was never at that diner and didn't absorb her power.

Where did he get that from? I always thought the death still occurred since Hiro teleported back to the present before he could warn her? Mohinder mentions her death later when talking about the list (don't remember which episode)... but that could be the result of the blood clot that she mentions to Hiro, and not Sylar. Admittedly, I've never read any of the comics online, so I don't know if it was revealed there.

I loved the whole episode...I was a lil dissapointed in the "big" fight between Sylar and Peter. When Peter got hit with the glass everyone in my living room was yelling at the TV " Just take the glass out!!!!" LOL Knew that Claire would be the one to eventually figure it out though. Cant wait to see next week's episode and whats gonna be goin on with Hiro( was surprised he "ran" into himself)

Tell me that I wasn't the only thinking they should have either passed out or existance explodes :D

Did he have enough time to get it? I don't recall exactly, but I know Hiro found her body pretty quickly.

Sylar has eidetic memory. it was shown after he escaped Odessa and learned how to drive the truck by reading the manual. On the same note, another of Sylar's powers must be accelerated hair growth. If the timeline is right he hasn't escaped but 2 weeks and he already has a head full of hair. I'm sure hair doesn't grow THAT fast...

this show is sick man!!

but I was dissapointed at Isaac death, I thought he was going to survive since he had already been warned by Hiro that he was going to be killed

the Peter vs Sylar figh was cool but I was expecting more also, why would you turn your back on the guy you're fighting, and how of all the flying glass pieces only ONE hit in the back of his head in the most narrow point but none catch on his back... hahaha, oh well... hahaha

can't wait for the next episode and see the future!

Tell me that I wasn't the only thinking they should have either passed out or existance explodes :D

Did he have enough time to get it? I don't recall exactly, but I know Hiro found her body pretty quickly.

No I was waiting on something to happen your not the only one!

Now that we've had the little "Days of Future Past" episode, who will kill off our "NIMROD" character. :rolleyes: Linderman Act? Why not just call it the Kelly Act and be done with it!!

I've forgotten though when/where did FUTURE Sylar get the cold powers?

Why wouldn't "every" Sylar have them? That's the first power we knew of (though not first acquired), and is presumably from his 2nd or 3rd victim. That predates the actions of most any character/involvement/time-travel.

PS---do we know how Peter got his scar? I must have missed it if we do. Looks a lot like a gunblade accident. :)

SPOILERS for those who haven't seen the episode yet!

Hiro probably gave Peter the scar with the sword after the blast kills Ando, an Peter probably leaves it unhealed as a personal reminder of the horrible act he committed involuntarily.

Fire vs Ice! Two men enter one man leaves!

Too bad all we see is 2 seconds of the actual fight.

This is building up to one climatic ending!

At least we know what those 2 are capable of. Makes up for that miserable fight last week.

Hiro probably gave Peter the scar with the sword after the blast kills Ando, an Peter probably leaves it unhealed as a personal reminder of the horrible act he committed involuntarily.

why would hiro scar peter for the blast when future hiro thinks sylar is responsible for it?

Fire vs Ice! Two men enter one man leaves!

Too bad all we see is 2 seconds of the actual fight.

This is building up to one climatic ending!

Agreed! Though I must say this episodes rings of X-Men quite a bit. I was so not expecting that twist with the President.

So Matt knows about the President? Does the Haitian? Because its obvious that Mohinder doesn't and neither does Peter.

If the Haitian can stop powers, why didn't he when Peter escaped him the first time. Also why couldn't he stop Sylar's powers at the Bennett house? Secondly, how come Peter never copied that particular power? Lastly, wouldn't Sylar be outclassed by Peter the moment they fought. Peter would get all of his powers.

It seems our girl Candace won't be around much longer.

vinnie

Perhaps the Haitian has to know exactly what powers to nullify, to be able to do it? Maybe he has to be thinking about what ones to nullify, or at least have encountered that type of power before---rather than having some "perfect shield" against all powers that could ever be.

Heh heh---you can actually buy Petrelli campaign merchandise via the site. http://votepetrelli.com/shop.shtml

Why wouldn't "every" Sylar have them? That's the first power we knew of (though not first acquired), and is presumably from his 2nd or 3rd victim. That predates the actions of most any character/involvement/time-travel.

PS---do we know how Peter got his scar? I must have missed it if we do. Looks a lot like a gunblade accident. :)

So we really don't know.

*and to continue on with the FF jokes*

Peter's "Auto-HP" would've dealt with the cut/scar it because he doesn't have that much control over it due to it being instinctive behavior.

I was so not expecting that twist with the President.

That was hinted at in the previous episode. Remember that Sylar was "future painting" the same scene that the artist had just finished. Nathan as president.

If the Haitian can stop powers, why didn't he when Peter escaped him the first time. Also why couldn't he stop Sylar's powers at the Bennett house?

Maybe the various powers work within different parts of the brain, and that Peter's and Sylar's powers are too wide spread to halt.

By-the-way. It looks like Sylar had alot of fun getting new powers especially with all of the raw political power he welds as president. Hopefully he never gets the school kid with the vacuum powers.....

When did The Haitian go from "mind eraser" to "stops other powers"??? That's two really different powers. Early on, I thought him being able to interfere with Matt's power was because they were such opposites---reading thoughts vs deleting thoughts. But now it seems "accepted" that The Haitian can just stop most any power, in addition to his mind-wiping power.

Perhaps it's really the same power----since a common theme is "the powers are from the mind/brain" maybe "blocking memories" and "blocking powers" are the same technique, applied to different parts of a victim's brain.

When did The Haitian go from "mind eraser" to "stops other powers"???

He's had them since he came on screen. But I get the idea that his powers, or the way that he uses them, require that he sees the person. Or it just maybe that the writers can't write themselves outta that hole...

BTW---why kill Sylar? It seems that "either way" it's Peter that's the bomb. Future Hiro only thought it was Sylar since Nathan told the world it was--that's why he tried to kill him. He then went back to tell Peter to save the cheerleader, so that Sylar *could* be killed. But that didn't work, because Sylar never was the bomb.

"Kill Peter, save the world". Or the obvious solution---kill Ted before Peter or Sylar get the power. (That's the theory a lot of people comment on, but it's so obvious/simple I doubt the writers would go with it)

Heh all I can say is that I FINALLY saw lastnights episode which was the first episode I think I've been able to see in 2 months or so......maybe even slightly longer..........heh when was the last time I saw a movie? lol

BTW---why kill Sylar? It seems that "either way" it's Peter that's the bomb. Future Hiro only thought it was Sylar since Nathan told the world it was--that's why he tried to kill him. He then went back to tell Peter to save the cheerleader, so that Sylar *could* be killed. But that didn't work, because Sylar never was the bomb.

"Kill Peter, save the world". Or the obvious solution---kill Ted before Peter or Sylar get the power. (That's the theory a lot of people comment on, but it's so obvious/simple I doubt the writers would go with it)

We already saw what looked like Peter starting to explode (Claude punched him to stop it), so it's possible that it has nothing to do with Ted.

Speaking of holes... how come Parkman never knew who he has been working for for the past 5 years?

maybe he knew, but didn't care. parkman finally got what he wanted, to be a big shot, important,a somebody. I don't think future parkman really cared who he worked for, or what he did, as long as he got to be the big dick.

Hell if I was Peter I know I would keep it

maybe he knew, but didn't care. parkman finally got what he wanted, to be a big shot, important,a somebody. I don't think future parkman really cared who he worked for, or what he did, as long as he got to be the big dick.

It's also likely that he simply didn't want to get killed. He was also protecting his child.

I meant, why spend all the effort on tracking down and killing Sylar *now*, when it seems almost everybody knows it was really Peter's fault? Kill him later---even at his worst, he's not killing people THAT fast---Peter is much greater threat.

I plan to re-watch the first and latest episodes again, see what I can pick up. (I haven't re-watched any of them so far)

PS---I had totally forgotten about Claude punching Peter to stop him---maybe the explosion is "too many powers" or something-----since it does seem a lot (if not all) of the Heroes are destined to be in NYC at that moment, close to him. Maybe-----

What if their presence there to stop the bomb, is actually the cause? All of them coming together to help in the same place and time-----is too much for Peter to handle?

Just before Parkman shot Glasses(i can never remember his name) didn't they show Nathan's & Peter's mother laying on the floor next to the desk with a shot in the head?

That was Hana Gitelman, the walking human Blackberry.

David, in the original timeline Sylar was the bomb. Saving the cheerleader made Peter the bomb. There will be a third timeline now that Hiro is back in the current time again. The Peter was the bomb is due to Hiro jumping to the future and not participating in the events leading up to the bomb.

vinnie

I love this series. I got in to it as a substatute for BSG. We so far I have converted about 5 people to it too. I got all of the episodes. Some of the people from my Japanese class are now watching it due to the ammount of spoken Japanese in it.

Peter V Sylar undoubtably Peter now has the Sylar ability, which would make him the more powerful. Just a though though he displayed the Nikki/Jessica thing as he was all moody at the bar and when fighting the guards in the lobby he showed that Jessica pleasure and strength when killing the guards.

Did anyone get that Hiro has time traveled to the distant past of Japan. I though I heard him mention that he was a Bashido Master or something that would explain his future self ability to use his sword. gonna have to rewatch them all.

Edited by big F

That was hinted at in the previous episode. Remember that Sylar was "future painting" the same scene that the artist had just finished. Nathan as president.

More than that. His picture was kinda crappy, actually made the character look more like Sylar than Nathan. Probably what gave him the idea.

I don't think Parkman knew anything. He's a nice guy, but low on SA, the last one to know anything. Probably made his future job more appealing, but he wouldn't willingly send Claire to her death.

David, in the original timeline Sylar was the bomb. Saving the cheerleader made Peter the bomb. There will be a third timeline now that Hiro is back in the current time again. The Peter was the bomb is due to Hiro jumping to the future and not participating in the events leading up to the bomb.

I think everyone believed that Sylar blew up, that's why future Hiro was supprised that Claire was still alive. I think only Nathan and Issac know/knew that Peter blew up.

Also, in the comic, doesn't it look more like Hiro is cutting Nathan instead of Sylar? Again one of the things that sucks about seeing the future: just because you got a picture of the future doesn't mean you have the whole picture

Edited by Wes