Heroes

Dangard Ace

:lol: Saw them too!

Thank goodness they weren't Yammies. :blink:

If they were......put the girl on the sidewalk, then go back and grab some before everything starts up again and hit the "For Sale" section here at MW.

(And I'm betting some here would reverse that order and grab the Yammies first...........you sick, evil people! :p )

:lol: Saw them too!

Thank goodness they weren't Yammies. :blink:

If they were......put the girl on the sidewalk, then go back and grab some before everything starts up again and hit the "For Sale" section here at MW.

(And I'm betting some here would reverse that order and grab the Yammies first...........you sick, evil people! :p )

If they were 1/48s, I'd forget about the little girl.

I keep thinking she has two distinct powers:

1. Healing.

2. Feels no pain. Otherwise, she wouldn't be nearly so casual about things, and probably spend half her life just screaming.

PS--is it just me, or is she incredibly accident-prone/unlucky? I mean, she'd have already died like 4 times so far, excluding the "stunts" for the camera etc. Key question is the sink disposal---did she go after it knowing full well she couldn't be hurt, or was she just stupid and stuck her hand in without thinking?

PPS--Peter, dude, just try not-so-high things. If you can do it, you can do it from 10 inches, not just 10 feet. ::edit:: Damn, just read a spoiler about him. I tend to avoid threads about shows/games/movies, as well as wikipedia for that reason. Might leave this thread too, as even speculation tends to bug me---because there's always at least a few that are right. I'm the opposite of someone who searches out every forum and bit of info--I like surprises, and try NOT to figure things out. Entertainment is supposed to be just that.

IDIOTS! The answer is clear - quick-healing, resurecting after dying, no parents. She's an immortal! ;)

Nikki just owned that goon in the elevator...and got herself out of debt at the same time. Nathan got lucky. :p

Peter got lucky too.

Matt spent more time on his back then Nikki.

Claire just owned in that episode. Cute and funny getting herself out of the morgue. She drives manual! And taught that Brody punk a lesson he'll never forget. (he lives. See nbc.com online comic and next weeks trailer)

Hiro's powers are ridiculous strong. Did anyone else realize that in the future his power becomes disciplined to the point where he can stop time for more than just himself; that's kind of tight, but i still feel his power is over the top.

Hiro's powers are ridiculous strong. Did anyone else realize that in the future his power becomes disciplined to the point where he can stop time for more than just himself; that's kind of tight, but i still feel his power is over the top.

I could be totally wrong, but I don't think he stopped time for anyone but himself, it's just that the other guy (sorry, forgot the name) seems to be able to use the powers of other nearby heroes. At least, that was my take on it

I like Hiro the best too. Any guy who stop time, or travel back and forward is the more powerful of all of em so far. But the guy who uses other peoples power is the next coolest.

IPB Image

It appears again.

Only thing that bothers me about Hollywood...how the hell do you draw a sword off your back (look at that Tsuka...it's frickin' long!)? It isn't possible unless the blade is of the Wak size and even then some would have a rough time.

Edited by Gaijin

I agree about the sword but it still looked damn cool!

I think Peter has the lamest power, he has to be in proximity of the other heroes to have any power, all his brother has to do is have him follow him up to the clouds then quickly bolt out. I cant wait for him to meet up with Claire or Niki though.

That spoiler shot of Nathan jumping up to the sky looked amazing but I am still upset they showed it again. Now I know which one they took.

I agree about the sword but it still looked damn cool!

I think Peter has the lamest power, he has to be in proximity of the other heroes to have any power, all his brother has to do is have him follow him up to the clouds then quickly bolt out. I cant wait for him to meet up with Claire or Niki though.

That spoiler shot of Nathan jumping up to the sky looked amazing but I am still upset they showed it again. Now I know which one they took.

Yeah but what if his power grows in time and he can "keep" the power he gains for....much longer...even permanently. :blink:

I wonder if Peter got his scar from fighting Sylar? I mean if the two are in close proximity... imagine the kind of battle that would ensue! Now imagine other heroes near by... Peter would have the advantage... He'd mimic ALL of their powers. One thing for sure... Peter got the scar cause Claire wasn't around...

vinnie

what if future hiro isn't really a good sword fighter, he just added it cause he thought it'd look cool with his costume? It would kind of fit with his personality...you don't really have to be good if you can stop time and cut everyone's heads off.

I wonder if Peter got his scar from fighting Sylar? I mean if the two are in close proximity... imagine the kind of battle that would ensue! Now imagine other heroes near by... Peter would have the advantage... He'd mimic ALL of their powers. One thing for sure... Peter got the scar cause Claire wasn't around...

vinnie

Sorta. Having power and knowing how to use it are two different things. (Forgot who or what comicbook I read that from). Would suck for Peter to suddenly go all blind guy premonition in the middle of a fight.

It appears again.

Only thing that bothers me about Hollywood...how the hell do you draw a sword off your back (look at that Tsuka...it's frickin' long!)? It isn't possible unless the blade is of the Wak size and even then some would have a rough time.

Assuming you're intending to use it anytime soon. If not it'll me more comfortable to tie it to your back than leave it at your side.

Peter's reminding me of Soma from the GB Castlevania games. Is he going to be able to steal souls now?

Not sure how this news affects Heroes but all this upheaval can't be good. NBC was leaning heavily on Aaron Sorkin's Studio 60 to do well but I don't think it's ratings are great. This could also have a ripple effect on BSG.

-----------------------

http://www.ibcnews.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=75484

Update: NBC 2.0--Staffers Get Sugarcoated Spin

By Anne Becker, STAFF

(Broadcasting & Cable) _ Top-level NBC staffers convene in the new Today Show studio today for a 1 p.m. town hall meeting about the impending company-wide cuts. The meeting, which lasted about a half hour, was telecasfor lower level employeeon NBC's internal channels, the "JerrolChannels."

Bob Wright kicked it off with minimal comments before ceding the floor to Jeff Zucker for what one insider described as "sugar-coated" comments of his own. Questions that had been e-mailed in before or during the meeting were then read off by a young, male staffer and answered by ZuckerTV Group COO Randy FalcoTV Stations President Jay Ireland and NBC News President Steve Capus. The quartet gave little information, declining to name who was going and staying and how many would be cut from any given division.

Struggling under weak ad sales and profits, NBC Universal set a structuring plan to slash annual expenses by $750 million in part by cutting 700 jobs. The moves, which have been in the works for more than a year, were announced today by GE Vice Chairman and NBCU Chairman/CEO Bob Wright.

The plan, which the company is calling "NBCU 2.0," will streamline NBC U's news operations and drop pricey scripted dramas from the 8 p.m. hour on the network as NBCU redirects resources from analog to evolving digital businesses, according to the company and published reports.

Talk in New York is that the layoffs will begin as buyouts to interested parties.

Restructuring that will touch all of NBCU's divisions - broadcast, cable, movies, theme parks and others - is aimed at cutting annual administrative and operating expenses by $750 million by the end of 2008 and cutting the company's workforce by 5% in the same period. The company says reallocated expenses will lead to digital revenues that top $1 billion by 2009.

NBC U profit dropped 10 percent during ththird quarter, pulled down by lower ratings at NBC, parent company General Electric reported last week.

"Success in this business means quickly adjusting to and anticipating change," said Wright in a statement. "This initiative is designed to help us exploit technology and focus our resources, as we continue our transformation into a digital media company for the 21st century."

Affecting the TV Group, cable network MSNBC will shutter its Secaucus, New Jersey operations and the channel will move to production facilities at NBC's 30 Rockefeller Plaza New York headquarters, and New Jersey--a move that has been talked about for years. The company is also consolidating news operations in California, creating a central facility in Burbank to house news ventures from NBC and Telemundo KNBC, KVEA and KWHY.

In its entertainment TV division, the company says it will reduce its "dependence on traditional content distribution methods and advertising models." That includes delivering programming on various digital distribution platforms, including its own broadband websites and iTunes. NBC also looking to ease off of scripted dramas, that can cost several millions of dollars per episode, in the 8 p.m. time slot in favor of less expensive game shows and other fare, according to the Wall Street Journal.

The network has struggled since falling from first place after losing top-rated shows Friends and Frasier. The network invested heavily in new programming this season and, despite bright spots which include the new drama Heroes, NBC has placed a solid third so far this TV season behind CBS and ABC most nights during primetime.

"We have to recognize that the changes of the next five years will dwarf the changes of the last 50," said NBC U TV Group CEO Jeff Zucker in a statement.

Changes elsewhere include a increased focus on Hispanic network Telemundo, consolidation of marketing departments within movie studio Universal Pictures, and cost cuts at the NBCU's theme parks in L.A. and Orlando, Fla.

Copyright The Associated Press 2006. All Rights Reserved

If NBC does anything to Heroes then they've just signed their own death warrant. Heroes has won it's demographics each monday night, has received alot of media coverage as is touted as THE new show of this season. Hell it's the only show that built on the previous show(Deal or No Deal) AND propped up the broadcaster Neilsen ratings for the night.

Studio 60 was interesting but boring after the pilot. Nothing interesting and the cast didn't draw you in. Heroes sucked you in and you didn't realize the hour was up when it was up. Can't say anything about Friday Night Lights. When was it on, friday?

BSG is one of the better tv shows out there. Hope nothing happens to it or they at least let them finish the trek to earth.

If anything they should develop another Friends/Fraisier type show to complement the ratings Heroes gets. Pulling out of serials, especially since people who hate the reality shows are finally watching tv again, is really going to kill them.

i just saw the show it was very good. I dont know whos who

or whats going on but thats OK. I'm looking forward to more

of this. If the 1st series ever pops up on DVD i'm gonna have

to get it.

I dunno which one I was watching where the japanese guy from the future shows up and the cheerleader rams the qb's car into a wall.....but that was fun. It was my first episode.

Thats the same episode I saw as well.