Heroes

Dangard Ace

1sy5.jpg

In less then 24hrs the TV premiere of Heroes, a show of ordinary people gaining extraordinary abilities, begins. Some will meet, some will fight. Some try to hide their abilities, some embrace them. Different people, different ideologies. None will be the same again. This is their journey.

Monday @9pm on NBC.

I haven't been so hyped for a show since Buffy or Battlestar.

Cast:

Greg Grunberg .... Matt Parkman (2006)

Masi Oka .... Hiro Nakamura (2006)

Hayden Panettiere .... Claire Bennet (2006)

Ali Larter .... Niki Sanders (2006)

Santiago Cabrera .... Isaac Mendez (2006)

Noah Gray-Cabey .... Micah Sanders (2006)

Adrian Pasdar .... Nathan Petrelli (2006)

Sendhil Ramamurthy .... Mohinder Suresh (2006)

Leonard Roberts .... D.L. Hawkins (2006)

Milo Ventimiglia .... Peter Petrelli (2006)

Tawny Cypress .... Simone Deveraux (2006)

Jack Coleman .... Horned Rim Glasses (2006)

picture1qg3.png

9th Wonders: the Unofficial/Official Fan website

Never even heard of it until the commercials during the game tonight. Definitely will check it out.

For some reason, the first thing I thought of was Alex Ross and Kurt Busiek's Marvels and Astro City.......sans the tights and capes, that is. :huh:

So this is animated? Is it by that same guy that did all the other DC Superhero cartoons?

Whats the style of the art like? Is it pretty much solid straight lines with primary colors ala Justice League, Batman Beyond, etc? Or does it take a different approach? The stamps look neat, and if the art is like that, I might be interested.

Hows the animation quality? Smooth like anime or more crude like most American cartoons?

NBC has posted the write ups for Episode 2 & 3. 9th wonders has it posted. It's somewhat spoilerish. http://www.9thwonders.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=5202

Unlike:

Rising Stars - there will be no super teams. There will be team ups but no permanent group. AND no highlander sharing of power rip off.

Mutant X - sorry, no leather or tights.

Unlike:

Rising Stars - there will be no super teams. There will be team ups but no permanent group. AND no highlander sharing of power rip off.

That was already appearent last year when someone posted the summery for the 'new' seasons. Right now it looks that way, but with a premise as thin as this is I can't see them not doing somesort of group VS group senerio to give it more FX bling.

That was already appearent last year when someone posted the summery for the 'new' seasons. Right now it looks that way, but with a premise as thin as this is I can't see them not doing somesort of group VS group senerio to give it more FX bling.

It seems like you've already decided that you're not going to like the show because of some short text someone wrote. All I can say is to just watch the show and make you're own decision. I'm willing to bet that the writers have fleshed out the story alot more then what you've read then. Me, I've seen the directors cut of the pilot and it introduces all the characters(the TV pilot doesn't introduce at least 2 characters until eps. 2). Some of these characters you hate, some you love some you want to kill but they all have their own motivations for doing something and it's not, "with great power comes great responsibility." I think it's going to rock.

The group vs group(ie team-ups) will happen but it will not be a permanent thing. The personality of the characters don't fit that mold and this is more of a drama then fx series. It's about the people, not the fx bling.

I never said anything either way, only that it looked like a RS rip-off. But from what you just wrote it's nearly a clean copy RS sans all the beginning of RS(which you also hated & loved characters in it too). So unless it has material equal to or better then Buffy, the 4400, LOST, not going against anything else, and Wheldon writing it it may not actually see a full season or even 8 episodes.

Sorry, but for myself it's falls into the catagory of "just another superpowered drama" show that's been copied again again from the Incredible Hulk format.

But enjoy away! :)

Edited by chrono

To each their own but I can tell you right now it's not Mutant X, Smallville, My Secret Identity, Incredible Hulk. It's better. :p

As for the writers beyond Tim Kring,

Adam Armus

Aron Coleite

Bryan Fuller

Greg Beeman

Jeph Loeb

Jesse Alexander

Joe Pokaski

Kay Foster

Michael Green

Natalie Chaidez

I'm sure you recognize some of the names there....and since Jeph and Tim both know Whedon....

In addition to the TV series, there’s also a series of weekly online comics written by members of the writing staff, including writers familiar to comic book fans such as Jeph Loeb (who is also co-executive producer) and Aron Coleite (V.I.C.E., The Covenant, Proximity Effect). Each webisode will be “published” to coincide with each new episode and will feature artwork by Michael Turner, Jim Lee, Tim Sale and others.

http://www.newsarama.com/movies/Heroes/HeroesSplash.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/movies/Heroes/Heroes.html

Well....that was....interesting. Personally I preferred the pacing of the SDCC version and the leaked screener version. The aired TV version seemed....wham bam thank you ma'am!

All in all, it wasn't bad, but the re-editing and cutting made it....less cohesive. The limited commercial breaks were cool though.

The trailer for next weeks episode is great. Greg Grunberg shows up as Officer Matt Parkman(telepath). D.L. appears, Mohinder looks for Patient Zero, Hiro goes looking for Isaac, someone's stalking Claire, Niki is still looking hot. :D

Looks interesting. All I can remember from the previews are that one of the woman can re-attached back her broken bones, while the Dude with the glasses seems to be able to turn back time ? :wacko:

It's rerun today at 8pm. ;)

And not that ratings mean anything to me (except that it means this might not get pulled like Firefly...)

]Heroes attracted quite an audience in its debut showing, getting NBC's highest 18-49 demographic rating for any fall drama in five years.

Here's the press release.

'HEROES' DEBUT PACES NBC'S SECOND MONDAY WIN OF THE NEW SEASON

'HEROES' PREMIERE DELIVERS NBC'S HIGHST 18-49 RATING FOR ANY FALL DRAMA IN FIVE YEARS

BURBANK, Calif. - September 26, 2006 - Paced by the series debut of "Heroes," which posted the highest rating for any NBC drama premiere in five years, NBC won its second Monday night of the 2006-07 season in adults 18-49, according to preliminary "fast affiliate-based" "live plus same day" viewing figures from Nielsen Media Research.

Versus the second Monday night of last season, NBC's performance last night was up by 18 percent in adults 18-49 and up by 10 percent in overall total viewers.

At 9 p.m. ET, the debut of "Heroes" (5.9 rating, 14 share in 18-49, 14.3 million viewers overall) delivered NBC's highest 18-49 for any fall drama premiere in five years (since "Crossing Jordan" on Monday, Sept. 24, 2001). "Heroes" soared above the time period competition in the key demographic of adults 18-49, with a 31 percent margin of victory over second place (5.9 vs. a 4.5 for CBS' comedies). Pending updates, "Heroes" also won the hour in total viewers, among adults, men and women 18-34 and other key measures.

"Heroes" was up 48 percent versus NBC's 2005-06 season average in the time period, excluding sports (5.9 vs. 4.0). From its first half-hour to its second, "Heroes" grew by 13 percent (to a 6.3/15 from a 5.6/14) and by 1.1 million viewers overall.

Pending updates, "Heroes" is within one tenth of an 18-49 rating point of the highest rating so far this fall for any new series premiere, close behind Sunday's debut of "Brothers & Sisters" on ABC. By comparison, "Brothers & Sisters" benefited from a 9.6 lead-in rating in 18-49 from "Desperate Housewives," while "Heroes'" had a 3.8 rating lead-in last night.

NBC kicked off Monday night at 8 p.m., ET with "Deal or No Deal" (3.8/11 in 18-49, 13.0 million viewers overall), which finished #1 in its time period in adults 18-49, total viewers and other key measures. "Deal" was up 31 percent in 18-49 versus NBC's results in this time period on the same night last year.

At 10 p.m. ET, "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" (4.4/12 in 18-49, 11.2 million viewers overall) was up 10 percent in adults 18-49 versus NBC's season average for the time period last year (4.4 vs. 4.0, excluding sports). "Studio 60"{ranked #2 in most key demographics and was #1, tied with "CSI: Miami," in adults 18-34.

Preliminary 18-49 averages for Monday night are: NBC, 4.7/12; CBS, 4.4/11; Fox and ABC, 2.7/7; CW, 1.2/3. In overall total viewers, September 25 preliminary results are: CBS, 13.5 million; NBC, 12.8 million; Fox, 7.4 million; ABC, 6.4 million; CW, 3.4 million

In local-market late-night results last night, "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" (4.4 rating, 11 share in metered-market households) defeated CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman" (3.7/10), and ABC's "Nightline" (2.4/6) and "Jimmy Kimmel Live" (1.3/4).

At 12:35 a.m. ET, "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" (1.9/7) beat CBS' "Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson" (1.8/7) and the second half of Kimmel.

Note that all national ratings are "live plus same day" unless otherwise indicated. Metered-market household ratings are live only.

felt it was slow, the first episode told me nothing i didn't already know from the previews. I'll give the show one or two more episodes to do something intresting then its back to videogames.

Wow... just finished it. That was really good. If it continues to be like that it'll be right up there with Lost and BSG on my list. Kinda what I wanted Unbreakable to be. I felt like Unbreakable was a 5 minute movie compared to this.

I believe Sci Fi channel is supposed to re-broadcast the episodes on Fridays.

Cool. I ended up watching it through NBC's video service though.

No one do this if they can avoid it.

The buffer sucked and the quality isn't so great.

Good show though, I really enjoyed it, a bit stunned at how graphic it got.

Look forward to next week!

Cool. I ended up watching it through NBC's video service though.

No one do this if they can avoid it.

The buffer sucked and the quality isn't so great.

Good show though, I really enjoyed it, a bit stunned at how graphic it got.

Look forward to next week!

I yeah I forgot to mention that. NBC will be streaming the first 8 episodes online after they've aired so if you've missed it you still have a chance to watch it. Granted the tv HD version is still going to look better but...... ;)

Definitely. There are so many clues of what could possibly happening in future episodes and nods to other shows it's almost not funny. You've got to watch it repeatedly to get all the references. :D

Warning to all with kids: There is ALOT of gore in this show. People getting brained, dead mobsters, people getting shishkebobed, explosions....etc.

Talk about Heroes,

Talk about Heroes,

Talk about Heroes.