300 the Movie thread

chowyunskinny

• 2 weeks later...

All the chicks I know who saw it liked it. There was one who was a bit upset by it. Sh eis a Persian and said that Xerxes historically was one of her favorite rulers and that the movie made him look bad.

xerxes was an interesting guy, actually. but what are you gonna do with a guy who think's hes a god and is trying to take over the world.

mr smithers: "that's when he crossed over from regular villany and into cartoonish super villany."

All the chicks I know who saw it liked it. There was one who was a bit upset by it. Sh eis a Persian and said that Xerxes historically was one of her favorite rulers and that the movie made him look bad.

Oh yeah, I bet the Hollywood execs are tickled pink by the broad spectrum of moviegoers that F. Miller & co. managed to appeal to. When I went to see it, I too noticed there were easily as many women in the audience as men. Plenty of blood and hacking, bravado and male bonding for all the guys; and the borderline Chippendales-review-in-tunics for the gals--it was a win/win for all. :D I've promised my wife I'm going to try to get ripped like the 300 Spartans. Of course, I won't have the benefit of CGI enhancement like those guys [nor the inspirational leadership of greats like AgentOne :p ], so it might take me quite a few more trips to the gym.... <_<

Oh yeah, I bet the Hollywood execs are tickled pink by the broad spectrum of moviegoers that F. Miller & co. managed to appeal to. When I went to see it, I too noticed there were easily as many women in the audience as men. Plenty of blood and hacking, bravado and male bonding for all the guys; and the borderline Chippendales-review-in-tunics for the gals--it was a win/win for all. :D I've promised my wife I'm going to try to get ripped like the 300 Spartans. Of course, I won't have the benefit of CGI enhancement like those guys [nor the inspirational leadership of greats like AgentOne :p ], so it might take me quite a few more trips to the gym.... <_<

Ummm... I think thy're all actually ripped. No CGI enhancements to their physical bodies. JSYK.

those guys are actually in that kind of shape. you can't cg inhance muscles on a more or less naked man with out it looking fake.

granted they had some filters on the camera and such, but like they said in many of the preproduction interviews, they're not using any ground breaking techniques in the movie. It's mostly conventional green screen live action filmmaking.

300 vs WoW

Well, I just saw the movie. It was alright. Nothing special, not too bad either. The speeches and exposition nearly killed it though. Normally I prefer more dialogue in all my movies, but this was an exception. The choreography was nice, the cinematography was interesting, but the writing was terrible. At least I thought so. Could have been a better movie.

• 3 months later...
Anybody know if the single dvd edition has the deleated scenes? I could care less about making of and commentary but i do want the deleated scenes.

I'm buying the DVD as soon as I get off from work. I might let you know tomorrow.

Still, I'd also like it to have those deleted scenes.