Stampeed Valkyrie

justvinnie

you'd have to mod or make from scratch:

-nosecone (bigger and thicker)

-chestplate (larger hump, extra details)

-heatshield

-upper arms (rounded like the VF-0)

-head

-wings (VT-1 style)

-intake section and upper leg

-lower legs (larger, bulkier, even without fast packs)

-feet (pointy like later generation valkyries)

and that's just the base valkyrie without the fast packs and weapons! :o I hadn't realized there were that many differences until I took a close look and compared the various VF-1s with the stampeed. The difference is like comparing the YF-19/VF-19A to a VF-19F/S/custom/P.

I've kicked the idea around of making one out of a Hasagawa model, but not a variable toy. There really are a lot of differences between an SDP-1 and a VF-1. The shape may look similar at first glance, but upon closer inspection, you see that almost every part is different. It's kind of like comparing an old F/A-18 to a new Super Hornet. From a distance, they look alike, but close-up they are totally different. Not to mention the fact that there are a lot of extra parts that would have to be made.

Edited by Mule

I always felt that the Stampeed was something a kid cooked up while playing with macross toys.

"What if i gave the VF-1 some GBP and made it look cooler by adding more gunzzz"

I mean i bet most of u wanted bigger guns and weaponz on your valks. :p

ScreamMan: Its from the SNES Macross side scroller shooter. Forgot its name.

I always felt that the Stampeed was something a kid cooked up while playing with macross toys.

"What if i gave the VF-1 some GBP and made it look cooler by adding more gunzzz"

I mean i bet most of u wanted bigger guns and weaponz on your valks. :p

ScreamMan: Its from the SNES Macross side scroller shooter. Forgot its name.

but big gunz on little planes look soooooooooo cooooooooooolll!!!!

it is in fact being made for the 1/48. At least it was in the process the last time I talked with beers... the stampy was his excuse for not making me more 1/55 resin at the time :rolleyes: . He tries hard to keep a low profile as every time he pops his head up people like me start begging. www.robsthingies.com was his site though it's been a while since I've heard from him and I don't know how much progress he has made. Between him and fulcy though we have double the chances ^_^

That is the A-10 version of a Valk! It is the ugliest thing I have seen even worse than the last aircraft that was balled up.

Amen to that.

What a hideous "Gundum Gawd*mn" look. ICK.

Yes. It's in that book, next to a rough of a Stampede VF-11 (that aparently never made it off of the design board.)

I take it "that book" is the Macross Design Works?

If so I REALLY need to pick that up one of these days. I just haven't got around to it yet. This is the first I think I've heard of a Stampede VF-11. Anyone care to post a pic?

Carl

I take it "that book" is the Macross Design Works?

If so I REALLY need to pick that up one of these days. I just haven't got around to it yet. This is the first I think I've heard of a Stampede VF-11. Anyone care to post a pic?

Carl

Yes, it is from that book ("Shoji Kawamori's Macross Design Works.") Be aware that the Stampede VF-11 is little more than a rough sketch. It's even less definitive than what Kawamori includes in his designs. :lol:

I lurve the short range missile FP leg armor though! :D

just lose the big gat an chimney guns with exhaust, they look rather... crap. :p

Looks like a bloody horn. BEEEEEEP BEEEEp Outta the way Ladhy!!!! BEEEEHHHP!

Perhaps a Minmay Defence speaker phone? :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie