Iron Man the Movie

Ladic

From AICN, First pix of the actual suit on set.

Looks good... though he seems a little short for a Stormtroo... I mean, er, Iron Man... :rolleyes:

More pix from the original source site HERE.

Lottsa luck, however, as it seems every F'n fanboy on the East Coast has simultaneously decided to hammer that thread. The site doesn't actually seem to be down, but it takes like 10 re-loads to get it to come up. There is a video too...

post-96-1178285094_thumb.jpg

post-96-1178285103_thumb.jpg

post-96-1178285112_thumb.jpg

post-96-1178285123_thumb.jpg

Edited by Amped

There's a good pic of the suit in Entertainment Weekly. Suprised no one has posted it yet. Looks great, very faithful to the look of the books. too lazy to scan it.

oh wait... here it is from the EW site.

IPB Image

From Favreau's MySpace posting:

The suit was designed by an artist named Phil Saunders who collaborated with Adi Granov based on the comic art of Granov. It evolved over many months and then was brought to Winston Studios to refine the design in order to build it as a working practical costume. Winston modeled and then fabricated the actual suit. It is difficult to identify a single person as the designer because they each contributed to the final design. The EW article correctly stated, however, that the suit was built by Winston. I hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

With ILM they can't go wrong.

Heck. Check out the new publicity photo.

http://www.marvel.com/news/moviestories.1206

Interesting note that ALL of them were Oscar nominees, one of them acutally won one before. I'm not sure if it's Howard, Paltrow, Downey Jr; or the Dude.

Ultimates influence getting stronegr in the film world.....

makes sense, one of the stated reasons for the Ultimate Universe was to make the marvel universe more easily accessible for new comic readers.

That and the ultimate nick furyis badass and the regular nick fury is... uhm... played by the hoff.

if the suit is mostly real for the duration of the film. i'll be so happy.

I'm not looking forward to outlandish cg flybys though. If they're smart they'll stick to shots you could actually film in real life.

if the suit is mostly real for the duration of the film. i'll be so happy.

I'm not looking forward to outlandish cg flybys though. If they're smart they'll stick to shots you could actually film in real life.

Agreed. What I would hate to see is Iron Man becoming suddenly proficient at flying. Even towards the end, I would like to see him wobble and make mistakes.

Ultimates influence getting stronegr in the film world.....

Which is funny since X-Men (2000) inspired Ultimate X-men.

Ironman seems to be crackin' good.

ILM sure is a good addition, if only judged by their recent work on Transformers.

Edited by T.V.

Agreed. What I would hate to see is Iron Man becoming suddenly proficient at flying. Even towards the end, I would like to see him wobble and make mistakes.

Well it worked for Spiderman and that was a hit so hopefully "execs" will want to copy and paste that feeling into this.

• 3 weeks later...
yeah, that's pretty cool news. There's also talk of sam Jackson playing Nick Fury in the eventual nick fury movie.

Err......I'm not the most knowledgable person about the Marvel universe, but isn't Nick Fury supposed to be white?

Graham

Err......I'm not the most knowledgable person about the Marvel universe, but isn't Nick Fury supposed to be white?

Graham

He is in the regular universe, but in the ultimates universe, he's black. And in general, the various Marvel Comics movies haven't been too concerned with being overly faithful to either.

Graham

Kingpin was also supposed to be white, Spider-Man wasn't supposed to be a pansy, and the X-Men are supposed to wear spandix. They change somethings for the movies :lol:

Graham

Beacuse he was originally based on Snake Plisken (I belive) who was the best fit for the character they wanted at the time, the ultimates version however is based on Samuel L Jackson because he's the popular one these days.