Iron Man the Movie

Ladic

HI all,

being that I know soooo very little about Iron Man comics, my prediction is mostly that, a prediction... I do know that stark is suppose to be some kinda bastard, i.e. womanizer, and alchy... RD jr, could certainly draw on his past for that... I guess I would really like to see someone bigger up there filling those shoes... lol......

It's painfully clear that this movie won't be able to please everybody. Given the number of itterations that the Iron Man costume has gone through over the decades, this movie will wind up "raping somebody's childhood" in spite of its best intentions. And regardless of the actual content of the movie, you can be sure that you'll hear somebody squawking about it right here on MW. First!

Edited by bsu legato

AICN is reporting the lead role of Tony Stark aka. Ironman will be played by

Robert Downey Jr.

IMHO, this is perfect casting. I love all those Toyfare skits of Ironman on the sauce!

This sounds sooooooooooooooo crazy that it might be brilliant. RD Jr. can act; Tony Stark was an alcholic womanizer fighting his demons. So that's prolly not that big a stretch for Downey Jr.

Also, does anybody know about Blade being cancelled?

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Wow. If they are planning to deal with Stark's addictions, Downey is perfectly cast! Not only can the guy really act well, but he's got personal history custom fit to that particular Iron Man story arc. A bold move.

Word is, they aren't going to focus too much on his addictions in the first movie. That would pick up after the first movie since this is mostly an origin tale.

I can't see Jr as Stark. He just doesn't look like a business man nor an arms dealing one. He's always looked like a bug-eyed drug addict to me.

Or the jerk that would pour slurpees on poor helpless geeks at malls. :lol:

But I think I'd rather have an actor of his talent over an "actor" of questionable talent like Dalton. I'm sure Downey Jr. could pull it off if he set his mind to it. Could you really picture him as a reporter in Good Night and Good Luck? He did a fine job there.

I've never been a big fan of Iron Man, so thats the first time I have seen the Ultimates Iron Man, and I love that design. First Iron Man design I can say that catches my eye. Makes me think of Appleseed landmates.

• 1 month later...

Here's a funny bit of trivia. One of the executive producers for Iron Man is Peter Billingsley, more famously known as Ralphie, the kid who wanted a Red Ryder bb gun in "The Christmas Story". He has moved on from BB guns to a cybernetic powered armor of destruction. That's definitely grown up. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Say it ain't so!!!

Gwyneth Paltrow has signed on for the Iron Man movie.

GWYNETH PALTROW?!? Mizz tall, and gawky? Can't act myself out of a friggin' bag?!?

Christ. Robert Downey, Jr. was a good catch for Stark... but, geez...

The problem with Gwyneth is that she has no sex appeal. She's a good actress but she comes off pretty cold. Now Nikki Cox as Pepper Potts & now we're talking.

The problem with Gwyneth is that she has no sex appeal. She's a good actress but she comes off pretty cold. Now Nikki Cox as Pepper Potts & now we're talking.

Are you guys kidding? Robert Downey Jr. & Gwyneth Paltrow & you're complaining? Gee, this might actually have a plot & some good acting, that sucks! :p

There is one thing, JUST ONE THING, that needs to be done to make this movie perfect.

The opening credits start and you hear a slow drum beat start up -

Thump... Thump... Thump...Thump... Thump...

(Guitar)

BWAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMM

(Iron Man movie title appears on the screen and of course you hear - )

I - AM - IRON - MAN

BWAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMM

Of course I'm talking about using Black Sabbath's Iron Man as the theme song. At the VERY LEAST it's got to be somewhere in the ending credits. ^_^

Yeah, yeah, I should probably get back to work! :D

Iron Man suit concept drawing with comparison pic:

*possible spoilers*

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/682/iro...evscomicah9.jpg

Looks like the pic on the left is from the current "Civil War" Comics series and the one on the right is from either the video game Ultimate Alliance or from the CGI/Animated Movie that was released last month.

So anyone watch the recently released The Invincible: Iron Mad animated movie? I just saw it today and while I thought it was much better than the two Ultimate Avengers movie, the animation was kinda faux-Saturday morning-like that didn't feel like a "feature". The trailer made it look like Tony used a lot of the armors but he only had three in the movie, the gray version, underwater and the red/gold. The war machine, ultimate avenger-types shown in the trailer were just shown briefly in a hall of armors.

The story seemed a bit rushed trying to fit in the Mandarin plot as well as a company takeover plot/fugitive arc. I do wish Iron Man would've shown a lot more gadgets and weapons though. What I was really impressed with is the Dr. Strange trailer showing the intro to the movie which had a bit tighter animation and better editing. Too bad it doesn't come out til August 07.

Edited by baronv

The trailer made it look like Tony used a lot of the armors but he only had three in the movie, the gray version, underwater and the red/golf.

Sorry.. simple typo, but given Tony's lifestyle, it just made me chuckle that he'd have an Ironman suit specifically to play golf with his heroic cronies.... he'd probably need something to help offset Hulk and Thor's driving power..... :lol:

I agree with your comments on the recent cartoon movie... way too much stuff packed in to the point where nothing really gets a fair shake (or it was just packed in inefficiently).

<<<<SLIGHT SPOILERS>>>>

One of the only things to really bother me for some reason was his already designed suit collection. Granted, it does explain how he can craft a suit so quickly and also allows him for a few costume changes. But it sort of detracts from his change over into a hero a bit. The change just seemed too weak, quick, and convenient... "Whew... I'm glad I'll never wear that suit again... ooops... we're in trouble... heck, I'll just wear one of my dozens of suits and save the world!"

Outside of that, I'd say the only other problems are that the Mandarin gets little actual direct involvement and I probably wouldn't have known the dragon was Fing Fang Foom if he wasn't named somewhere in the supporting material.

DID like the elemental design.. .nothing exceptionally innovative, but nice nonetheless.

<<<<END SPOILERS>>>>

I also just realized that in the video Tony Stark is anti-weapons so much that he fights his father regarding the direction of the company in it's militaristic ways, but here he goes and creates dozens of Iron Man armor (for what reason I couldn't understand still) including the missile/gatling gun/rocket launcher War Machine armor. I guess he needed those nukes to help excavate ancient ruins.

• 2 months later...

I also just realized that in the video Tony Stark is anti-weapons so much that he fights his father regarding the direction of the company in it's militaristic ways, but here he goes and creates dozens of Iron Man armor (for what reason I couldn't understand still) including the missile/gatling gun/rocket launcher War Machine armor. I guess he needed those nukes to help excavate ancient ruins.

yeah how can he be anti weapons if he builds this weapon?

I come in Peace...

Blam! :p