The Nintendo Wii Thread!!

Apollo Leader

Picked up Super Paper Mario today, and with what I've played so far I'd recommend it. Fantastic new take on the platformer, and just a lot of fun. All of the subtle homages to old Mario games are a blast. The first stage had background music that sounded to me like a very odd mi of the first stage music from SMB, SMB3, and Super Mario World.

Also picked up Cooking Mama for the Wii. Competitive mode is a lot of fun, and some things are definitely easier to do than in the DS game. Peeling vegetables is still a pain, though.

I'll maybe pick up Paper Mario the same day I go pick up Pokemon Diamond for my DS....I really need another Wii game since I only got Sports and Zelda left : / I just couldn't get into Trauma Center at all.

Deciding on a new game has been pretty annoying. Have Wii Sports, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance at the moment. I'm really interested in Dragon Ball Z: BT 2 but can't decide between getting that or Super Paper Mario or maybe even Godfather: Blackhand. Really want something with action which all have but something that looks really good. They each are so different from each other so it's hard to decide.

Leaning more toward DBZ since I hear that has a ton of content in it. SPM sounds like it will be over in 20 hours and not sure at all about Godfather: Blackhand Edition. Anyone know how long that is?

Also for the sake of saying it my Wii number is the following.

0587 7374 3127 1173

When an wii number is put in does that person's console nickname come up under it or do you have to assign a name to the number yourself?

Edited by Effect

I'll maybe pick up Paper Mario the same day I go pick up Pokemon Diamond for my DS....I really need another Wii game since I only got Sports and Zelda left : / I just couldn't get into Trauma Center at all.

Don't bother with Trauma Center at all I rented it and beat it within the 5 days I had it, just don't bother buying it.

And why the hell is everyone getting Pokemon Diamond, is anyone besides me getting Pearl? Is it for the name or the cover looks cooler?

Deciding on a new game has been pretty annoying. Have Wii Sports, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance at the moment. I'm really interested in Dragon Ball Z: BT 2 but can't decide between getting that or Super Paper Mario or maybe even Godfather: Blackhand. Really want something with action which all have but something that looks really good. They each are so different from each other so it's hard to decide.

Leaning more toward DBZ since I hear that has a ton of content in it. SPM sounds like it will be over in 20 hours and not sure at all about Godfather: Blackhand Edition. Anyone know how long that is?

Also for the sake of saying it my Wii number is the following.

0587 7374 3127 1173

When an wii number is put in does that person's console nickname come up under it or do you have to assign a name to the number yourself?

DBZ has too much repetitive gameplay so you will get bored fast unless you like repeating the same movements over and over, only good thing about it is the small scenes for the special moves you do, and the large character database. It's good for multiplayer, you can have one person use the Wiimote will the other uses a Gamecube controller so it ain't that bad.

I was going to try out Godfather but it seems Paper Mario is your way to go since its getting nice reviews.

Rent Godfather it could be a short game.

And for the Wii Friend Code, you don't assign a nickname(I think) you just add them and they add you and then you can send Miis,etc to them.

Hope that solves some of your problems.

yea i grabbed paper mario today it is real good so far i like it alot. :)

chris

And why the hell is everyone getting Pokemon Diamond, is anyone besides me getting Pearl? Is it for the name or the cover looks cooler?

I was going to get Diamond, but when I saw how few Diamond Preorders were left, and how many Pearl preorders were left, I decided it would be easier to get trades from Diamond. I must admit, I thought the cover for Diamond looked better, but really it will be basically the same game with only the usual differences.

Getting Pearl myself. I just happen to like the look of the Pokemon on it's cover more.

Decided on Super Paper Mario in the end. Haven't played any of the Paper Mario games but I really need a Wii game fix and it seems to be the best one out after Zelda. I can't stand the ports being put out. Anyway can't wait to get it. Just hope I actually do. Stupid Amazon.com told me I couldn't ship the game to my PO Box so I put my street address (which is what I use for Fed Ex or UPS). Due to where I live all my mail goes to the Post Office but found out this morning they shipped the damn thing USPS and now there is a chance it might get sent back to them because the Post Office really wants mail to have the PO BOX on it or it will be returned. Now I have to hope I can get them to look out for it and explain what happen so they don't send it back as this wasn't my fault.

Sent a email to Amazon and if I don't get a response soon they'll be getting a call in hopes this is fixed if it is returned and doesn't happen again. Frustrating to be told I can't have it shipped to a certain place but they end up shipping it in the method that takes it there anyway.

Edited by Effect

I was gonna pick up Paper Mario today at Hollywood Video.....but they accidentally forgot to label a "Display Box" and placed it ontop of another display box so when i went to check out they told me it was a mistake : / but meh I got cooking mama......that should be um fun.

I was up early this AM so I decided to get a Wii. I swung by Kmart about 20 minutes before they opened but apparently they had already sold all their Wiis to people who had been camping at 6am. People are still camping for this thing? Wow, either Nintendo is having production problems or this thing is one hot pancake. I don't really mind waiting though, but I'm impressed.

I'm eagerly awaiting Metroid Prime 3. Heatseeker looks like a potentially fun game as well, but I'm not sure when it'll come out so I'm not sweating it. To date, I've actually spent more time playing Gamecube games on my Wii than actual Wii games. Getting "Primed," as it were, by beating the first 2 Metroids in anticipation :)

Only other one I'm on the edge of my seat for is the Transformers Movie game, coming out in a couple months. However, I'm tempted to get it for my PS2 instead of the Wii because of the controller differences. Time will tell, though.

There seems to be a lot of love around here for Paper Mario... maybe I'll have to give that one a look.

What's MW's take on Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. Looks like it's definitely a light gun on rails type of shooter.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/umbrella-chronicl...ideo-252374.php

I know it's an unpopular opinion among the other places I visit on the web *cough 4chan /v/ cough cough*, but I think it could be fun. I used to love going to the arcades and playing shooting games, so this could be the best of both worlds: Resident Evil and a light gun game. Of course, Capcom has tried this before on the PS2 (?) I believe, and failed miserably. I think Capcom sees an opportunity to get casual gamers who like the shooting range from Wii Play into one of their products, hopefully leading them to the main RE games.

Hell, my wife likes the shooting game in Wii Play and horror movies (she like the Resident Evil movies :ph34r: ) so this is at least a rental in my house.

Neo Geo games on Wii this summer! Besides all the umpteen million incarnations of King of the Fighters, Fatal Fury, and Metal Slug (don't get me wrong, I enjoy those series especially Metal Slug) here's hoping that titles such as Nam 75, Magician Lord, Sengokou, and some of the shmups that have appeared for the system will make it.

I might just have to buy a Wii after all! :D

Cool. Seem like they are including 8th MS Team and 0080 into the game from the looksof that last image. Who was that character on the far right there though. Don't recognize him.

Edit: Ah nevermind, someone from BlueDesitny. Just read the ANN article.

Edited by Effect

Cool. Seem like they are including 8th MS Team and 0080 into the game from the looksof that last image. Who was that character on the far right there though. Don't recognize him.

Edit: Ah nevermind, someone from BlueDesitny. Just read the ANN article.

But will they have it here, or do we have to get a mod chip and screw our warranties? :(

But will they have it here, or do we have to get a mod chip and screw our warranties? :(

I think with the Wii's popularity and having the Gundam license in the US Namco/Bandai will bring it here.

I was out at lunch today and stopped by Gamestop to see if anything new or exciting had come out and I aksed if they had seen any slow-down in Wii demand, the guy at the counter who i have been buying games from for the last decade said, "man, you haven't got one yet? hold on a second." goes to the back and comes out with a Wii and said they had one left from their shipment yesterday and no-one had come in asking for it then proceeded to tell me how the calls come in non stop when they are out of stock, but as soon as a shipment arrives, the calls mysteriously stop until just after they sell out.

While he was ringing me up two people came in and he got two calls asking for Wii's and Wii laughed :) So there's my Wii story.

I picked up Play and Zelda, any other "Don't Miss" titles out so far? I have been going through my PS2 RPG librabry catching up on old titles and haven't been paying much attention to the Wii fanfare since they haven't been available in stores for me up until now.

Let's see......besides Zelda, Paper Mario, Cooking Mama, Sonic And the Secret Rings, DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2, Raymen Raving Rabbids, Excite Truck, that's all I can think of that're fun to play on the Wii...now for the games I'm really looking forward too

Super Smash Brothers, Mario Galaxy, Transformers, Harvest Moon, Nights, and SO many others that will be coming out between this summer and fall!

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/04/27/xenosaga...ht-by-nintendo/

Japanese development studio Monolith Soft has been purchased by Nintendo from Namco Bandai, according to a press release from credible Japanese news source Nikkei translated by gaming site The Platformers. Nintendo now owns 80% of the company's stock, while Namco Bandai still retain 16% of their original 96% holdings in the developer, whose total worth is approximately 75 million yen.

How is the gameplay on Paper Mario? Does it utilize the Wiimote quite a bit? I just started playing the Cube version (yes, I'm very behind) and it's a blast.

Edited by eriku