The Nintendo Wii Thread!!

Apollo Leader

Multiplayer has to be unlocked? That sucks.

I'm pretty certain this has always been the case for Wario Ware games. It doesn't take much to unlock multiplayer, though, and it forces you to go through a couple tutorial like stages. Believe me, having sat down to play this game, you need those lessons. Smooth Moves uses the Wii remote like no game yet released.

For those interested, Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past was released on the Wii's Virtual Console today.

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=11061

Finally something I can spend my Wii points on. Still hoping Star Fox is released or one of the better Street Fighters or Super Metroid. Though I really want Earthbound and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time as well.

Edited by Effect

I recently got my wii and only have Zelda:

What do you guys think are the Top 5 best games for the Wii?

(aside from Zelda and Wii Sports b/c those BOTH rock)

1. WarioWare

2. Excite Truck

3. Rayman

4. Trauma Center

5. Wii Play

I recently got my wii and only have Zelda:

What do you guys think are the Top 5 best games for the Wii?

1. Wario Ware

2. Metal Slug Anthology

3. Excite Truck

4. Raving Rabbids

Zelda and Wii Sports would also be on that list, but you already have both. All these games, except probably Zelda, are much better when you've got a bunch of people over to play.

Trauma Centre is ok, but I honestly don't play it that much. Call of Duty 3 is probably a great FPS game, what I have played of it I enjoyed more than playing an FPS on any other console, but I still liked playing them on PC better. There are a couple great moments early on in CoD3 that you just couldn't do on a PC, but only one or two, and there just seems like so much more they could have done. Haven't really played many games beyond that.

So how do you guys like the News channel? I turned on my Wii around midnight only to be surprised that the update gave me a new channel. It'll probably end up being my most frequent source for news seeing as how I cannot stand pundits on cable news.

I'm loving the channels so far, but I'm wondering have they mentioned what future channels they might be adding?

Just added the news channel myself this monring, first time I've seen the Wii's hypnotic blue stare.....

It's really quite something.

The news channel itself is ok, a bit hard to navigate amybe and you need to be in themood to sit and read lots but the slide show feature is pretty good.

Channels, I'm making pretty consistent use of the weather channel, I use the five day forecast a lot been checking it every day this week to see when it's gonna stop being 3 degrees celcius.

Only just got the webbrowser this morning as well, my Wii often has trouble connecting to the shop so I haven't been able to get it before now. Unfortunately it wouldn't connect when I tried it. :(

I only just got to playing with the News Channel. It's a lot better than I expected. I imagine I'll be using it a lot if the news they have is...well, newsworthy.

I'm very late coming to this thread and I'm not reading 31 pages! All I have to say is my friend just bought one and my cynicism has been blown away. Clearing out the lounge room, cracking some beers and playing Wii sports is a great way to spend an evening! Although while playing baseball I almost killed my wife. I swung and missed her head by about an inch. Note to self. When batting, stand to the RIGHT of the pitcher! :D

And now she's hooked on Pikmin which my friend just bought. I wonder what that would be like to play on psychedelic substances...? :ph34r:

is there a way to check the news by state or country rather than just getting all the new at once. Some of this mornings headline were a bit crazy though.

Like the one where the kid in the dakotas hacked apart his mom and a foreign exchange student with a sword described as something a knight would use.

is there a way to check the news by state or country rather than just getting all the new at once. Some of this mornings headline were a bit crazy though.

Like the one where the kid in the dakotas hacked apart his mom and a foreign exchange student with a sword described as something a knight would use.

Go to the globe view.

What's a good game for a 5 year old boy? I think Zelda is a bit too hard for him, something with lots of movement and button smashing required would be good.

That's actually a very good question. I'd be interested to see just how easily a little kid picks up games like Excite Truck and Wii Sports.

I just picked up one of these bad boys at a Walmart in central California after walking away empty handed at a local Target.

To be honest I really was skeptical about how much fun this might be, but Wii sports alone more than lives up to expectations. My Dad, who's really not into video games immediately started getting into it as well.

Now Nintendo needs to make a Jedi Simulator, and also some other decent games. I just rented Red Steel.... ugh, why did I rent Red Steel...

Zelda looked kind of interesting, but I'm not to keen on the whole transforming wolf thing. I'd prefer it to be more serious like the first two games on NES, not the more kid oriented ones from the SNES on.

So, all told, I think I ended up waiting in line about a half-hour before picking one of these up.

Er...this Zelda is like hands down the most serious in the franchise. There's some downright dark moments in the game. I knew a few people who were skeptical about the wolf thing, and all of them had their opinion changed while playing it. Rent it and give it a try at the very least.

As for other good games, just read through this thread. Even on this very page you've got people listing their top 5 games for the system, and further back you've got people talking more in-depth abut those games.

Ok, I just enabled my Wii24 connect.

For some reason I don't see the Blue light. Do you know when the "Blue Light" appears?

Thanks. :ph34r:

Blue light appears if your system is off and you recieve a message (from someone in your Address Book or it's Nintendo with update news).

I recently read someone in SONY said the Wii is nothing more then a fad or impulse buy and ppl will stop buying it since SONY is selling 100,000 units a week of PS3's.........now I think SONY's buying back units to keep themselves looking cool lol. Cause honestly it wasn't the Wii or the PS3 that won the console war for the holidays, Xbox360 sold more units.....now in terms of next gen entertainment, I think the Wii is winning....better game releases and the whole interactivity of it all is much nicer then what the PS3 offers which is just another big computer.

I recently read someone in SONY said the Wii is nothing more then a fad or impulse buy and ppl will stop buying it since SONY is selling 100,000 units a week of PS3's.........now I think SONY's buying back units to keep themselves looking cool lol. Cause honestly it wasn't the Wii or the PS3 that won the console war for the holidays, Xbox360 sold more units.....now in terms of next gen entertainment, I think the Wii is winning....better game releases and the whole interactivity of it all is much nicer then what the PS3 offers which is just another big computer.

Actually, the PS2 and DS sold more than any of those this past Christmas. It was for the month of Dec IIRC, from the top DS, PS2, 360, PSP, GBA, Wii, PS3.

And...are you kidding me? You think the PS3 sales are from Sony themselves? :blink:

The Wii will look like the winner for say a year or 2 but it will likely not be the "market leader" at the end of this next gen. Reason is the 360 aqnd PS3 won't be $400-600 forever, and the Wii won't ever be "free" so to speak. Could happen that the market will change and everyone will go back to playing simple (admittedly fun) quirky games but it's highly unlikely.

Unless you look at it from either MS or Nintendo's view in that they will have taken market share away from Sony even if neither of them is number 1 at the end of this gen. Heck they are profitable anyways, so they aren't complaining.

yay super mario world!!!

they need to add more games to that VC... its' kinda lackluster rite now...

quick question.... does anyone else leave their WiConnect24 on in Standby mode???

I did this once and came back in the morning and my Wii was super Hot to the touch!!! I do'nt really see any benefit from standby WiConnect besides burning up my Wii Console.

can anyone shed some light on this