The Nintendo Wii Thread!!

Apollo Leader

Yesterday was Wii day here in the UK and despite pre-ordering quite soon before launch I got's me one!

Couldn't get Wii play anywhere in my town but my Sis picked up a copy for me elsewhere so I'm very happy this weekend.

Like the new controls in Zelda, only trouble is you don;t need to have the Wiimote pointing at the TV constantly so when you do need it there I suddenely have to swing it up and point it back again.

Having items on the D-pad but only being able to use them when they're set to B really confused me at first!

Anyone else find that the pointer sometimes gets stuck in the edges of the screen or worse still won't recognize when it's being pointed at the screen even when it's right in front of it?

Wii/Mii numbers/etc coming later. ;)

btw, Who's getting Elebits?

Well.....I had a case of badluck again yesterday, I got a tip that in the afternoon a gamestop store was gonna get the wii's in stock, so I was gonna have my mother go, no way I could do it with an hour lunch and the place being an hour away ya know?

As it turned out they got them in the morning and sold out rather quickly.

If nintendo is planning on releasing a million units before the end of the year, then I can wait till the holidays are done and pick it up then.....no use waisting me time.

That's it Hikuro you're now the "A Christmas Story" kid when it comes you your misadventures getting the Wii

Hikuro: I want the Wii for Christmas!!

Santa: ...you'll knock your eye out kid. Ho Ho Ho!

*guy in santa suit knocks Hikuro down the slide*

How's everyone doing on Wii Sports?

1. What's your high score on bowling?

2. How many platinum or gold training medals do you have?

I'm 221.

I have a Platinum in Homerun Hitting and two Golds.

That's it Hikuro you're now the "A Christmas Story" kid when it comes you your misadventures getting the Wii

Hikuro: I want the Wii for Christmas!!

Santa: ...you'll knock your eye out kid. Ho Ho Ho!

*guy in santa suit knocks Hikuro down the slide*

Mmmmm in a 2 more weeks that'll be playing 24 hours straight...can't wait.

Oh that reminds me, went to a christmas party with my folks, on our way back home my old man misread the light and went into traffic almost getting us into an accident, my response "OH FUDGE!"

But it is. I'm not knocking that it is indeed a great game...but is IS the Gamecube game that was promised for years..on a new console...fine if you bought a Wii...a slap in the face to Cube owners by not making it available widespread.

Seems like the Gamecube was silently laid to rest, just like the XBox was last year...least the PS2 has a few years left..

Well it can't be a remake of the GameCube game if the Wii version came out first. It's like saying Robotech is a remake of Macross, but Macross came out first. They are two completely different versions, the Wii version came out first, even if the game was initially meant for the GC it, it came out first and is no remake. The GC would not be a remake either. Its like saying that a Blue Ray movie is a remake of the DVD version, its not, just saying that it has better quality. Same thing with TP for the Wii and GC.

Well it can't be a remake of the GameCube game if the Wii version came out first. It's like saying Robotech is a remake of Macross, but Macross came out first. They are two completely different versions, the Wii version came out first, even if the game was initially meant for the GC it, it came out first and is no remake. The GC would not be a remake either. Its like saying that a Blue Ray movie is a remake of the DVD version, its not, just saying that it has better quality. Same thing with TP for the Wii and GC.

Twilight Princess is the exact same game for the GC and Wii, the only difference being the resolution and the control scheme. That said, what Nintendo is doing to the GC release of Twilight Princess is really, really lame.

How's everyone doing on Wii Sports?

1. What's your high score on bowling?

2. How many platinum or gold training medals do you have?

I'm 221.

I have a Platinum in Homerun Hitting and two Golds.

I made pro level in both golf (2 under par on all 9 holes is my best) and bowling (255 high game). I've only got some bronze and silver medals.

Twilight Princess is the exact same game for the GC and Wii, the only difference being the resolution and the control scheme. That said, what Nintendo is doing to the GC release of Twilight Princess is really, really lame.

Of course, it makes perfect business sense. They want people to buy the Wii, not settle for the Gamecube. They also want people to try a game like Zelda on the Wii, hoping to dissuade any remaining fears that Nintendo's new console won't cater to this sort of game.

"Want" really isn't the right word, either. Rather, they need this to happen if they want to open up the market and have a chance at spreading their hold on the traditional gaming market as well as the causal market they're trying to lure in to gaming.

I feel for people who can't afford a new console, but want to play the new Zelda, but I can also see why it needs to be done that way from Nintendo's perspective.

Dunno about Vancouver proper, but Lougheed Mall out in Burnaby had a few in the EB. The lineup had already started when I went by for my dental appointment.

I wish I can line-up too... but work is getting busy lately with Christmas. (need to finish repairing several servers before holiday)

My next chance is Toyrus. They have a new shipment coming on Saturday however I cannot lineup overnight. I guess i am not playing Wii during holidays.

Edited by ogami

How do you keep the wii remote from flying out of your hand?

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/image.php?e...ages/p76/01.jpg

:D :D :D :D

(the funniest part is....I'm going to call in sick tomorrow or Friday to get one of these damn things....and a PS3 if they're restocked.)

I wonder how your going to take it off. :lol:

I thought there was a strap or something you put around your owrist that's connected to the Wii to prevent it flying from your hand.

Just don't go crazy with the remote and the strap will stay on. I don't get whats up with people ripping the stap, they are douches for trying to throw the damn remote to hard. Just play easy and your good, it doesn't take a handcuff to keep it on.

I still got mines on.

Off-Topic: Anyone got Castlevania PoR? Real good game, hoping to start a new DS thread for it.

I thought there was a strap or something you put around your owrist that's connected to the Wii to prevent it flying from your hand.

There is but it's like a cell phone strap. They are supposedly upgrading it since some people think whipping the remote will help their game :

IPB Image

I just know that some secondary company is making a "Wiimote Glove" that you can wear. You can slip the Wii controller into it all safe and secure and not have to worry about being a total asshat who thinks summoning the power of ten tornados will help you with your game.

Either it's already being made or I just gave someone a million dollar idea.

For the MW'ers that didn't find a Wii I've heard Nov. 17th will be THE day to get em.

The Target here in my town is getting 54 units on the 17th, we are a "small market" store for them too. I overheard two Target employee's whispering in hushed tones yesterday about snagging a few each to try to flip on E-Bay for a quick christmas profit for last minute desperate shoppers. Anyhow, sounds like the 17th will be a good day to snag a Wii.

I feel kind of bad, I haven't been able to play my Wii in a while due to school work, and there are millions of people who at the moment would have better use for it.

Still nothing can repay for that 20 hour wait, which made me smell like a elephants butt when I got home, as I was tired as a dead cat. I didn't sleep though, I had more than enough energy to play the Wii. :D

I hope by tomorrow when school is done, I can relax, curse my off campus Club meetings. <_<

I just know that some secondary company is making a "Wiimote Glove" that you can wear. You can slip the Wii controller into it all safe and secure and not have to worry about being a total asshat who thinks summoning the power of ten tornados will help you with your game.

Either it's already being made or I just gave someone a million dollar idea.

Yeah maybe they should make another PowerGlove for it.

Man, the fact that Nintendo had to recall those straps just shows how retarded many people are. I still don't understand how stupid a person has to be to send the Wiimote flying into a TV.

I think we all know who to blame here......

Proving yet again, it's always better to wait at least a year on new systems.

I've never had a problem with ANY of the Nintendo systems I've owned. :lol:

Chalk up this latest incident to the stupidity of the masses.