The Nintendo Wii Thread!!

Apollo Leader

We were in line for just over an hour at our store. 6th ones in line out of about 20 people. The guys at our GS came out. Let in the first 5 people and told the rest of us to go home.

Needless to say I was mad. I knew for a fact that store was going to recieve 18 systems.

Shady GS's are now high on my sh*t list. So very high.

Call this number:

1-800-883-8895 Menu #1

Explain to the rep what happened. If they truly did what you said aand that store had more allotted to them, that is un-acceptable andd will be dealt with.

Edited by Gaijin

Thanks Gaijin.

I'll call tomorrow and lay the smack down. I have a buddy who's the manager at the one GS we have in the mall but he works at the 3 in our area. He got the lists for the stores and let me know (nothing insdide dealing. I got no hook up or such) that his store was getting 10 and the other was getting 18. The other store is a low seller so it got 4. I pretty much figured I was set knowing which store to go to. Boy was I wrong. Gave him a call and found out they in fact did get 18, his store got MORE and the other got it's alotte 4.

It's stupid. Hope calling someone and letting them know helps.

If GS does that, say they have 25 for preorder and took let's say 15, and closed the deal so all their 10 employees could get preorders is just wrong.

I hate it when Employees get first dibs cause they work there, or when it's in any store. Employees at any store need to either wait until a certain time like near closing hours, OR go to another store affilated with them, like you work in one walmart, well there will be another close by just get it there so it's fair.

When I worked at fry's, when ever they had something big on sale, employees weren't allowed to buy that item until the next busniess day if there were any units left.

There was the same thing going around when ppl heard of the PS3's release in November. The Store Managers said "All employees have to wait until next busniess day if any units are left to get theres. If you come in during your day off it's fine, but if your working that day you will be rejected and you could get terminated."

I went to the GS store by work and they were full on WII and PS3 orders...I'm gonna try the Gamecrazy, if that doesn't work I'm gonna go to the FRY's store I use to work at and ask if there is a reserve limit or they just gonna get a certain shipment in regardless and when gone they're gone.

Then find out if it's the 19th or 20th when they get them in....sometimes it takes that store an extra day or two for any new items unless HOT like the Wii or PS3 to arrive.

So if it arrives on either date, I'll just go in and hang there at 6 or 7 AM and then buy just the system and go home back to sleep so I can go to work later.

A friend of mine went to two Gamestops... waited in line for an hour before the store opened... guy comes to open the store, looks at the line and says "Sorry, we've solds out of pre-orders". Explain that to me how they could've sold out of pre-orders BEFORE the store even opens...

That said, he did manage to get a pre-order at the 3rd Gamestop he went to (second one only had 20, he was 25th on line)

Me? I lucked out. Only 20 pre-orders, 21st on line... however, a guy up front only wanted to pre-order some games and I got his system pre-order ticket... so, technically, I was 18th on line ^_^

And... that reminds me... I should probably go back and pre-order Marvel Ultimate Alliance before I forget...

Was talking to a guy who moonlights as a dockman for Costco. Says for any of the releases of these new systems there's an abundance of them on launch day. Says it'll be no different for the Wii/PS3.

I've nothing to lose at this point so I'll try there on the 19th.

One other place for my cadre to camp out on the 19th. Target, TRU, Costco and *shudder* Kmart.

Wish us luck.

Effin' GS..... -_-

I went to game crazy, they don't do reserves cause the store does poor earnings and is very low key. the guy said on the 16th he'll have demos in the store, but suspects he'll have over 40 units in stock and thinks the store will have a midnight release so he told me to come then.

FRY's however said they'll get alot more then 40 units but wont do a midnight release and expect a large crowd to start hovering a week before the release date since that occured as well for the 360.

As for myself, I'll probably get it on the 20th, I'll just have GC hold one for me till the next day so I can pick up a game or two for it as well.

I went to game crazy, they don't do reserves cause the store does poor earnings and is very low key. the guy said on the 16th he'll have demos in the store, but suspects he'll have over 40 units in stock and thinks the store will have a midnight release so he told me to come then.

FRY's however said they'll get alot more then 40 units but wont do a midnight release and expect a large crowd to start hovering a week before the release date since that occured as well for the 360.

As for myself, I'll probably get it on the 20th, I'll just have GC hold one for me till the next day so I can pick up a game or two for it as well.

They were doing preorders back in March weren't they?

I should have been smart and done it then.

I will have to try there too.

You guys realize that TRU will probably have 200 of these in stock on launch day at each store right? I use to work there and they are way in with the big N. I was there for the N64 launch. We had 150 pre-orders and they shipped us 400 units for launch day.

Brag post... sorry :lol:

After trading in my Gamecube, my PS2, all my PS2 games and a bunch of Cube games I'll never play again, I now have my Wii, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Zelda, Red Steel, 3 extra Wiimotes and Nunchucks as well as a 512 memory card completely paid for. So now I get to just waltz in and get my goodies when they are available. WOOHOO!

Wait wait..........so lets see....you traded in your gamecube....all the games for it, your PS2, all the games for that.......just for 1 unit, 3 games, 3 remotes and nunchucks and a 512 card...............I dunno if I'd call that a good deal honestly.....well I wouldn't for me and what I paid for my stuff back then.

It took me 1 PSP, all the games, a GBA, 90% of those games, all my accessories, and 10 DVD's to get 280 bucks.......I thought "Crap I spent 3 times that amount on these brand new.............damn what a jip"

That's why I'll probably NEVER trade anything off to Gamestop ever again.......most of the DVD's I have I'd only get 1-5 dollars cause they're box sets....-_-

Wait wait..........so lets see....you traded in your gamecube....all the games for it, your PS2, all the games for that.......just for 1 unit, 3 games, 3 remotes and nunchucks and a 512 card...............I dunno if I'd call that a good deal honestly.....well I wouldn't for me and what I paid for my stuff back then.

It took me 1 PSP, all the games, a GBA, 90% of those games, all my accessories, and 10 DVD's to get 280 bucks.......I thought "Crap I spent 3 times that amount on these brand new.............damn what a jip"

That's why I'll probably NEVER trade anything off to Gamestop ever again.......most of the DVD's I have I'd only get 1-5 dollars cause they're box sets....-_-

Well, I NEVER played my PS2, the Cube stuff I can play on the Wii...

Could I have sold it for more on E-bay? sure, of course. Was I guarenteed that money? Hell no. Besides, I only really paid for the games and they were crap anyway... either stuff no one wanted or are easy to find. The PS2 was bought used and the Cube was a gift. So, for me this worked out well in my favor I feel.

Toys R US pre-orders for Wii on the 29th of October for anyone who missed out before.

TRU is Nintendo's official launch "partner" so expect quite a few consoles at each store.

Yeah just stopped by yesterday, and I got the same answer.

I really doubted they would be doing preorders this late.

Did they mention a limit on the amount they can take?

My Toys R US seems empty so I hope my chances are not too bad.

It's too late in my area. The problem is that TRU is also doing PS3 preorder tomorrow as well. At noontime, there were already 10 people waiting. From what I gather, there will be 10 preorders for PS3 and only 20+ preorder for Wii (depending on the stores location)

Edited by Gunbuster

There are currently 40ish people outside of my TRU.

Half of them there for PS3, 16 there for the Wii and the rest there for the Tickle Me Elmo.

Our store is getting 18 Wiis.

These numbers are sadly disappointing for their supposed "launch partner".

Wish me luck, om my way out now.

The TRU by me still had 3 unclaimed Wii (of 18). They only had 7 PS3, all sold. I don't preorder or buy sight unseen, but I thought I'd ask (though I'm readily swayed by the PS3 since I know it's just a matter of time before I get one - though most likely early next year).

I'm just not that enthusiastic about the Wii.

Edited by Uxi

Damn....

I was 22 out of 21. They squeezed an extra one in, the kid in front of me with the 1up Mushroom Hat started to jump up and down, I wish that kid alot of luck.

But damnit! I was 22 out of 21!!! I know they get a ton more on launch day but do they have to kick me away... :(

Ack at least I got my special preorder at hand, hopefully that won't fail.

Oh just to let you guys know GameCrazy is going to be getting a ton of them on launch so thats my recommendation. Checking my area my bro said that they had 90 people preorder the PS3 (Seriously :lol:) and 3 for the Wii.

We were $#!* heads to not preorder it back March when we didn't have to wait in huge lines

Edited by Ishimaru

Here's the list of the first downloadable games for the Wii. I wish they'd use the arcade version of Donkey Kong not the NES version. No Streets of Rage....bleh. I wonder that in a few years any Dreamcast games will become available.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6160819.html

First wave of Virtual Console games revealed

Nintendo says gamers will have 30 downloadable Wii games to choose from by year's end.

By Brendan Sinclair, GameSpot

Posted Oct 31, 2006 5:58 pm PT

While Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo are asking gamers to shell out for the next-generation of gaming experiences, all three companies recognize that there are a number of people willing to spend money on previous generations' gaming experiences as well. Microsoft's Xbox Live Arcade has been offering retro titles since the system launched last year, and Sony recently detailed its plans to offer original PlayStation games for download on the PlayStation 3.

Nintendo had already announced the Virtual Console and some of its publishing partners, but today the company laid out the first wave of titles, 30 in all, to be available by the end of the year. The games (listed in full below) will come from Nintendo, Sega, and Hudson.

The company also reiterated the starting price points for the games, noting that NES games start at 500 Wii Points ($5), TurboGrafx-16 games at 600 Wii Points ($6), Super NES and Sega Genesis games at 800 Wii Points ($8), and Nintendo 64 games at 1,000 Wii Points ($10). Wii Points will be available online or at retail in packs of 2,000 with a suggested price of $20.

NES

Mario Bros.

The Legend of Zelda

Donkey Kong

Donkey Kong Jr.

Ice Hockey

Pinball

Soccer

Tennis

Urban Champion

Wario's Woods

Baseball

Solomon's Key

SNES

F-Zero

SimCity

Nintendo 64

Super Mario 64

Sega Genesis

Sonic the Hedgehog

Altered Beast

Golden Axe

Columns

Ecco the Dolphin

Gunstar Heroes

Space Harrier II

Toe Jam & Earl

Ristar

Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

TurboGrafx-16

Bonk's Adventure

Super Star Soldier

Victory Run

Bomberman '93

Dungeon Explorer

sure, they lure you in with a $250 price tag but each one of those virtaul arcade games are $5-10 dollars and I for one know i'd go broke downloading all them.

the thought is kind of scary actually.... atleast I get to demo arcade games on Live... but I could just see it now, going down the list and seeing all these games I haven't played in 15 years and just going "to heck with it" and downloading a bunch... then actually only end up playing them a couple times like most of my Live arcade games... ;)

the novelty of retro games wears off pretty fast... Ghost Recon >> Dig Dug