The Nintendo Wii Thread!!

Apollo Leader

The day that most Wii owners have been waiting for is finally here.

Who's got their copy?

Well, I picked mine up after the tournament. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, since I just got up a little bit ago, and I have to go to my parents'. Just waiting for the missus to get ready.

Stupid DST.

Oh, for those of you that were wondering, I got my butt kicked. There were only a few kids there; I guess they have bed times. There were a few normal people as well. Honestly, though, that tournament brought out some of the worst examples of humanity I've seen in awhile. These were people that, if they hadn't imported the Japanese version, gathered every scrap of Brawl information they could find on the net while playing Melee obsessively. They seemed genuinely shocked and offended at the suggestion that it's been years since I've played a Smash Bros game, and worse, that I'd brought a PSP and God of War to pass the time instead of a DS. Very few of them were familiar with the concept of hygiene; the stench from one person was so great that I let a few people jump the line in front of me to create a buffer.

WTF? The Wii can't read dual-layer games if the lens is dirty and only Nintendo can properly clean the lens?

I call shenanigans on this one. Keeping in mind that the Wii is essentially an overclocked GameCube, it probably uses a very similiar lens as the GC. And since the GC didn't need to worry about reading dual-layer DVD's given it was designed to only read mini-DVD's, I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo opted for a cheaper lens back then to keep costs down. Now that decision has come back to haunt them? That's the best guess I can come up with.

What I still don't understand is why it's happening to some Wii's and not others. Good luck Gaijin.

I think the load times on Brawl are horrendous, but other than that I haven't had any issues. I finished Classic mode three times, and I did the first 10 Events, but mostly I've been playing the Subspace Emissary to unlock characters. I'm down to just Sonic, Wolf, Toon Link, and Jigglypuff.

Well, I picked mine up after the tournament. I haven't had a chance to play it yet, since I just got up a little bit ago, and I have to go to my parents'. Just waiting for the missus to get ready.

Stupid DST.

Oh, for those of you that were wondering, I got my butt kicked. There were only a few kids there; I guess they have bed times. There were a few normal people as well. Honestly, though, that tournament brought out some of the worst examples of humanity I've seen in awhile. These were people that, if they hadn't imported the Japanese version, gathered every scrap of Brawl information they could find on the net while playing Melee obsessively. They seemed genuinely shocked and offended at the suggestion that it's been years since I've played a Smash Bros game, and worse, that I'd brought a PSP and God of War to pass the time instead of a DS. Very few of them were familiar with the concept of hygiene; the stench from one person was so great that I let a few people jump the line in front of me to create a buffer.

You fool! Didn't you remember the best way to beat a fanboy is to put a decently-attractive woman in the croud? You're married right you could have brought your wife and they'd be totally paralyzed. :lol:

You fool! Didn't you remember the best way to beat a fanboy is to put a decently-attractive woman in the croud? You're married right you could have brought your wife and they'd be totally paralyzed. :lol:

Aw man, I totally didn't think about that! She's not just hot, she's Asian hot! That would have killed them! And she goes to bed early most nights, but she even stayed up because it was the weekend. Of course, she didn't want to spend Saturday night at a Gamestop; she stayed home and played Puzzle Quest.

• 4 months later...

Not yet. I picked up the SNK Arcade Classics for the Wii. The games run 99% perfect(The PS2 version was a turd) and it supports Cube pads which means it supports my PS2 Hori Arcade Stick via GCN adapter!

Weeeeeeee!

*groan* what little time I've had to play the wii has been resident evil umbrella chronicles....I havent even touched rockband since mid july...kind of wanna get rid of it cause of all the space it takes up in my room.

*groan* what little time I've had to play the wii has been resident evil umbrella chronicles....I havent even touched rockband since mid july...kind of wanna get rid of it cause of all the space it takes up in my room.

Huh? The Wii? ...oh, yeah, that white box that I haven't played since Mario Kart. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get back to it when the next Mario/Zelda/Metroid/insert-first-party-game-here comes out.

Huh? The Wii? ...oh, yeah, that white box that I haven't played since Mario Kart. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get back to it when the next Mario/Zelda/Metroid/insert-first-party-game-here comes out.

Considering how E3 went, you might be waiting a while. ;)

Considering how E3 went, you might be waiting a while. ;)

Actually, while Nintendo-published, the next Wii game I'm really looking forward to is technically a Tecmo game.

Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse

The original offered some top-notch chills (enough to make me buy the sequels, even though I've been too scared to play them). The Wiimote controls should be good for camera aiming.

Actually, while Nintendo-published, the next Wii game I'm really looking forward to is technically a Tecmo game.

Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse

The original offered some top-notch chills (enough to make me buy the sequels, even though I've been too scared to play them). The Wiimote controls should be good for camera aiming.

Yeah if only NOA didn't hate us! :angry: Out now in Japan and they don't even want to announce a date for coming over here! One of my favorite series ever too. And apparently you even get Samus's Zero suit. ^_^

I might actually fire up my Wii sooner than I thought. I was at Toys R' Us hunting for Classics/Universe Galvatron and Onslaught, when I happend to check out the Clearance bin in the 'R Zone. I snagged Zack & Wiki for about $8.

I'm actually really looking forward to the new Wii Sports that was announced with the Wii Motion Plus. Beyond that, I haven't been paying much attention to console games.