The Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread v2.0

Noriko Takaya

Yah just had to remind me. :p

I have to try and squeeze the YF-19 in between Gunbuster and Ideon, the latter of which is looking almost exactly like what I wanted to see.

The arms and especially the shoulders have suffered a fair bit but I'm happy to see it's being made.

Ideon doesn't look complicated but it has lots of little details like wheels and things that if you try and think about it too hard you'll realise how difficult it is to work a functional transformation out.

Check out youtube for some clips of the combination/anime magic.

Heard about the street date release for Gunbuster and I am so excited. This has been a blockbuster year for Top! 1 fans, what with Bandai's license acquisition and all of the new toys and such coming out. My wallet is a lot thinner now, but I'm not complaining. Hope next year is even better!

That flying pose kicks ass! I can't wait for this badboy.

Anyone know the exact release date? I've seen as late as Nov 30.

I've had him on preorder for a while at BBTS. I am a sucker for diecast.

I got so tired of waiting I started looking at other Chogokin. I caved and ordered a Shin Seiki Goukin Mazinkaiser Kawai Black Custom off ebay for a reputable seller. I can't wait, hopefully nothing goes wrong (you know how buying on ebay is).

Damn, you beat me to it. I read about it on ANN as I avoid AOD.

February 20th release.

* Newly translated English subtitles for all six episodes

* Bonus clips totaling 30 minutes

* 24-page color booklet

* All packaged in an original deluxe art box imported from Japan

30 minutes of "bonus clips"... That should mean the science eisodes and possibly the shorter clips from the box. The puzzling thing is that that's a bit too short to include the open matte version of episode six. It'll be disappointing in that respect if it's not there. Oh well.

I like how it's two episodes a disc. The last thing I would've wanted is them jamming it all on one. I know some companies *cough*ADV*cough* would've probably done so.

Nice. Finally Gunbuster on DVD. Let's hope there are no "mangle" styled edits but if it's like the Patlabor movie boxset, whooo!!

The launchpad/display stand also acts as a storage compartment for all the gunbuster's accesories, just like every other SOC. ;)

The inazuma kick in that picture doesn't look very convincing though, but nonetheless, the gunbuster looks awesome. For a transforming toy i'm not expecting much poseability but I wonder how far it can go.

Cool, they're making an Ideon. While I've only seen a little, I'd probably pick one up.

Those wanting to see it, don't go to the only Ideon site on the web if you don't want massive, and I mean massive, spoilers. I told my friend about it, and while watching the fifth episode, he browses the site and reveals the ending. I could still justifiably kill him for it.

Keith, I too worry for the 4th disc. If it comes then it comes I guess. I doubt there'll be two releases for this though.

Cool, they're making an Ideon. While I've only seen a little, I'd probably pick one up.

Those wanting to see it, don't go to the only Ideon site on the web if you don't want massive, and I mean massive, spoilers. I told my friend about it, and while watching the fifth episode, he browses the site and reveals the ending. I could still justifiably kill him for it.

I seccond that! I just kept reading spoiler after spoiler and so know how it ends :(

More Gunbuster goodness:

IPB Image

from http://www.toysdaily.com/phpBB2/viewtopic....34f17398c85b099

New gimmick (judging from old and these photos): extra parts to make the torso shuttle look more rounded in the arm section and parts for the underside of both shuttles. Can’t see if these extra parts can be mounted in the back of Gunbuster (one of the back pics might suggest that).

Edited by Twoducks

There's something wierd about the two. the right seems different. For example if you look at the feet of the robot on the left it's smooth, while the robot on the right has something on back of it's heel and the front of the foot has lines.

There's something wierd about the two. the right seems different. For example if you look at the feet of the robot on the left it's smooth, while the robot on the right has something on back of it's heel and the front of the foot has lines.

Oh that. It's replacable feet for a more anime look. They (Bandai)mentioned that awhile back.

Oh that. It's replacable feet for a more anime look. They (Bandai)mentioned that awhile back.

Yeah....some of the chogokins give you optional parts that let you replace the parts to non-transformable parts so its more "accurate". For the EVAs (which i have) its the shoulder blades. They come in the standard ones and those that are slightly "thicker" so it can store the progressive knife and the spike launcher. I just leave it with the ones with most accesories. ;)

Damn that gunbuster is good lookin. CAN'T BEAR IT!

More Gunbuster goodness:

New gimmick (judging from old and these photos): extra parts to make the torso shuttle look more rounded in the arm section and parts for the underside of both shuttles. Can’t see if these extra parts can be mounted in the back of Gunbuster (one of the back pics might suggest that).

Actually those were shown in a picture way back when it was still (mostly) concept art being shown, I think it was the page with the drawings of things like the colliders and rip off chest plate.

I have that issue at home so I'll check it out later if anyone really cares. :lol:

Speaking of SOC Eva, have you guys seen the new SOC Spec Eva?

It blows the old one out of the water.

Yah, you people who are going to buy this instead of the YF-19 are all getting a 30 day ban! j/k :p

Not buying the Gunbuster SOC myself as I've never really been a fan of the design. The anime is OK, but the mechs just don't grab me at all.

My one concern with the Gunbuster SOC is whether Bandai may have overreached themselves this time and attempted to pack too many gimmicks and features into the toy at the possible expense of playability and durability. I guess only time will tell. From all the pics, it definitely looks to be the most gimmick-laden toy ever from Bandai, even more so than the Aquarians and any other SOC.

Graham

I never liked the Gunbuster design either.. but this SOC has sold it for me. Big chunky transforming shiny metal robot toy.. it's MINE!

totally OT.. I just installed Mozilla 2 and the spellcheck function is a great idea (what do you mean, you don't know the word 'Gunbuster'??). I especially love the adblocking addon.

Wow, the Gunbuster sure has a lot of things packed, plus they even managed to engineer it to be quite poseable. Impressive.

Ahh so that's what the Eva-01 is, I was wondering when I first saw the prototype before. Seems as though they're giving it the refixing treatment like with the Saint Seiya line. Interesting how they reworked the joints so that they're quite well-hidden this time around. Might pick it up. :D

I never liked the Gunbuster design either.. but this SOC has sold it for me. Big chunky transforming shiny metal robot toy.. it's MINE!

totally OT.. I just installed Mozilla 2 and the spellcheck function is a great idea (what do you mean, you don't know the word 'Gunbuster'??). I especially love the adblocking addon.

I just decided to try that for myself too, have already taught it Gunbuster, Bandai etc..

Spec Eva is great, I have the original SOC Eva and I can't belive how badly I want this one too.

More SOC's, Ideon: (release date unknown)

http://www.toysdaily.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=59045

More Gunbuster, (Dec)

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/1949/5mb4.jpg

More Spec Eva, (also Dec)

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1596/7io2.jpg

Walker Gallier, (from Xabungle) (Dec again, arrgghh)

http://toyboxst.inwards.com/phorum/file.php?1,file=2985

I'm high on SOC pictures right now but this is the Gunbuster thread so perhaps we should start a dedicated SOC thread.

In fact i think I will, I'll just repost all this info there and we can let Noriko have his thread back. ;)

This is from the Anime News Network:

Synch-Point to Collaborate on Gunbuster Bonus Material (2006-10-27 08:47:07)

Synch-Point reports on its blog that it is helping Bandai Visual with the translation of bonus material for the upcoming Gunbuster DVD set and website. Bandai Visual asked them to help with the Gunbuster Perfect Guidebook, which, according to the blog, "talks about the different manga, anime, novels and movies Gunbuster received influences and inspirations from. ie. Lots of Japanese pop culture & otaku culture references."

This release just keeps looking better and better!

I SO can't wait to buy Gunbuster for 4th time :lol:

Sorry if this is old news, didn't read the entire thread. Looks lke Japan is releasing a COMBO DVD BOX of Gunbuster 1&2 (Gunbuster vs DieBuster -- Theater Edition) on 26 Jan 2007.

I'll have to get some better information. Looks like they did a "movie edition" jobbie where they merge all the eps into 95 minutes. Also looks like they got 5.1 surround on both movies. Not sure what the monochrome stuff is....

IPB Image

TRANSLATED WEB PAGE HERE

Yeah we knew about this. The Top movie will be shown in Japanese theatres on December 11th if i'm not mistaken. Didn't realise that the DVD will be released so soon after the movie makes theatrical realease though. We're hoping the R1 release will be using this Japan version.

And the monochrome parts are from episode 6. The whole of episode 6 is in monochrome. ;)

Hmm, think I'll get this, as it's going to be hard to tell if Honeamise will release Diebuster this year, let alone the movies. Must have new footage!

Bah, see what you've gone & done, now I've pre-ordered the damn thing!

Edited by Keith