The Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread v2.0

Noriko Takaya

If the previous kits are any indication, between 1500 and 2000 yen. There's no actual announcement date (other than 2011) so the price hasn't been set yet. The other D-style kits are nice and pretty cheap, though small. Some parts come pre-painted.

• 3 months later...

New Gunbuster manga! Hopefully, it's more than just a cash-in.

http://www.animenews...nime-gets-manga

If they do it right it could be awesome!

No Mikimoto it seems, but I like how Onee-sama looks on that cover...

let's just hope that they don't make The Coach some floppy haired bishounen guy

• 1 month later...

Man, it's about time Kaiyodo: Revo Gunbuster

Ack, nevermind. I didn't even see the Revoltech thread!

Not everyone checks the Revoltech thread. Post what you want, since it's relevant. I was about to post it myself.

Agreed that it's about time. Especially since they have a Dix Enuf.

It's awesome that they worked the Buster Machine versions in there.

http://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/121510/more_images_revoltech_no101_gunbuster

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

• 3 months later...

Resuscitating this thread.

Any thoughts on the Revoltech? I saw one in Japan Town the other day for 40. It's hard to tell in the box, but I was rather unimpressed by the proportions. Head looks a touch small, and she's looked all around boxy.

Resuscitating this thread.

Any thoughts on the Revoltech? I saw one in Japan Town the other day for 40. It's hard to tell in the box, but I was rather unimpressed by the proportions. Head looks a touch small, and she's looked all around boxy.

Haven't had the money to buy one yet, but when my taxes come in I will get it. Till then we will have to wait unless someone else has it. I also need to get the last Noriko figure from Wave. My site needs some new additions for the toys page.

All i know is that the images look awesome. So I'm hoping it's just the packaging throwing it out of proportion. I know poseability will trump the second Kaiyoodo. That suckers had a loose leg since 2 minutes out of package.

I need that Wave figure too.I'm amazed I haven't budgeted it in yet.

For another bit of conversation, anyone know how to get the SoC to not bow to you?

Haven't had the money to buy one yet, but when my taxes come in I will get it. Till then we will have to wait unless someone else has it. I also need to get the last Noriko figure from Wave. My site needs some new additions for the toys page.

I got it and wrote my thoughts on it ages and ages ago, in the Revoltech thread. :ph34r:

Mind reposting it here? I couldn't even find the Revoltech thread when I went looking for it. Found one for Jehutey, but that was it.

Should I buy this on dvd and blu-ray?

Yes. On both like I did (at least with the movie, though the DVD was a gift). Though be sure to get the subless R0, VHS vol. 1, and/or know where to find KAA's fansub to get the unaltered episode 1. And for completeness sake of course.

Mind reposting it here? I couldn't even find the Revoltech thread when I went looking for it. Found one for Jehutey, but that was it.

The post in the Revoltech thread is here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=27476&view=findpost&p=898612

And I'm reposting my comments here:

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

Gunbuster is out. The transformation is a bit... hmm. You really only use a few pieces of the robot mode to form the spaceships, with huge chunks left over, including the torso, upper arms, thighs, etc.. It's OK, I guess. I imagine this is what the VF-100 25's felt like. Not sure how many times I want to bother with all that. The figure itself is OK, pretty much what we've come to expect from Revoltech at this stage. WYSIWYG. :)

Basically, it doesn't really "transform". IIRC the only pieces you need from the robot to form the spaceships are the forearms, shoulder tower things and half of the calves. You've almost got the entire robot left over!

Instead of bothering with all that it would have been more interesting to have the Buster Collider weapons, cloak, etc.

Too bad about the transformation, though I expected as much. Even the SoC needed parts to flesh out it's Buster Machines. How the look? is it anything like the prototype images, or is what I saw in the box pretty much it?

Why yes, yes you should. And do so forth with.

Yes. On both like I did (at least with the movie, though the DVD was a gift). Though be sure to get the subless R0, VHS vol. 1, and/or know where to find KAA's fansub to get the unaltered episode 1. And for completeness sake of course.

So.. I should get the R1 release and the Fansub?

So.. I should get the R1 release and the Fansub?

R1 release 3 disc DVD set + R1 Release 3 individual volumes of Diebuster + RA release of Gunbuster Vs Daibuster bluray set, if you can find them.

R1 release 3 disc DVD set

Probably can't find

R1 Release 3 individual volumes of Diebuster

Probably can find. Have been looking at these specifically

RA release of Gunbuster Vs Daibuster bluray set, if you can find them.

What about buying each ova separately, is there a difference?

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

Probably can't find

Probably can find. Have been looking at these specifically

What about buying each ova separately, is there a difference?

Actually, I generally come across Gunbuster a lot more than I do Diebuster. Being a set helps.

The Blu-ray set also has an extras disc.

Actually, I generally come across Gunbuster a lot more than I do Diebuster. Being a set helps.

The Blu-ray set also has an extras disc.

They cut the extra's out of the individual release? Weak! :)

Well it is on a separate third disc after all. I'm sure the on disc extras, if there were any as I seem to remember a rather low deal where one had to access the Japanese menu to find them, are still there.

I'm not a big extras person, stemming from the VHS days, but there are some worthwhile things out there. The rough cut of episode 5 was practically worth the price of the R0 alone; I still find it amazing it never found its why online like the open matte six did.

I had pretty low expectations for the Gunbuster Revy based on reviews, but I found one for relatively cheap and figured I'd try it out. It's really a pretty standard Revoltech robot release, so if you have any of the previous Revoltech super robots you'll know what to expect with this. The transformation isn't exactly fun, but it's far, far less time consuming and confusing than the VF100 VF-25. Just unplug a few parts from the robot and plug them into the buster machines. It's more of a bonus than anything, and I for one appreciate the inclusion. I do understand why people would rather have the arsenal though. Maybe they'll do another release with the weapons

One nitpick would be that the head just looks too small to me. Had it been just a little bigger they could have detailed the eye a lot better. Another nitpick is the biceps are connected by a monoshaft, and on my sample the arms fall off when you try to rotate that joint. They hold tight, but movement makes them twist right out of the socket. Not really a big deal, but kind of annoying for someone with bratwurst fingers. I can probably fix it by shaving off some plastic.

That said, I like it and I'm glad I bought it. This and the Kotobukiya kit will team up to satisfy my Gunbuster cravings until I can find a SOC version for less than a gajooble dollars. <_<

Edited by eriku

• 4 weeks later...