The Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread v2.0

Noriko Takaya

My question to you is...is that a pre-built resin kit or did you have to build it yourself? How much and where did you get it?

- Build yourself...though i commissioned someone to do it for me since it involved drilling your own holes.

- 12,600 yen

- Bought in Japan during Wonderfest 2006. That was Gunbuster's 20th anniversary.

Its sculpted by F-Face a.k.a Masaki Apsy a.k.a the guy that designs Figma these days.

- Build yourself...though i commissioned someone to do it for me since it involved drilling your own holes.

- 12,600 yen

- Bought in Japan during Wonderfest 2006. That was Gunbuster's 20th anniversary.

Its sculpted by F-Face a.k.a Masaki Apsy a.k.a the guy that designs Figma these days.

So, basically the situation is I will never own one. :( Thanks for the update.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

OR

That is why... you fail.

It's just the fact that I wouldn't buy something that wasn't pre-built. Even, if I could find one to buy. I don't want it bad enough to spend the 12,600 yen and commission someone to build it for me.

OR

You want the impossible.

It's just the fact that I wouldn't buy something that wasn't pre-built. Even, if I could find one to buy. I don't want it bad enough to spend the 12,600 yen and commission someone to build it for me.

OR

You want the impossible.

Coach will want to have a word with you. B))

• 4 weeks later...

Well, since her thread was closed, I figured I'd pass along the news that Noriko Sakai's career has nose-dived right into the toilet. Hopefully with some help she'll be able to get back on her feet.

Actress/Singer Noriko Sakai Charged, Dismissed from Agency

38-year-old singer and actress Noriko Sakai was charged for alleged amphetamine possession by Japanese prosecutors last Friday. Later that same day, her talent agency Sun Music Production dismissed her, and the agency's president, Masahisa Aizawa, apologized on behalf of his company. Her record label, Victor Entertainment, has also ended her contracts and removed her CDs and DVDs from store shelves.

Tokyo police arrested Sakai after she turned herself in at a Tokyo police facility on August 8. Sakai had been missing since August 3, when her husband, self-described professional surfer Yuichi Takaso, had also been arrested for alleged possession of illegal stimulants. The police reportedly found 0.008 gram of amphetamine at her residence while she was missing. According to the investigation, a urine test after her arrest turned up negative, but her hair tested positive for traces of amphetamine.

Well, since her thread was closed, I figured I'd pass along the news that Noriko Sakai's career has nose-dived right into the toilet. Hopefully with some help she'll be able to get back on her feet.

Thanks for the update on Ms Sakai. Too bad for her.

Whoa...the Japanese companies really take compliance with society norms very very seriously.

Let's hope she's got some sympathy from the Judge. I mean, she still has a 10 year old son to bring up. After all, the dad's gone as well.

It really does paint a difference between Japanese and US norms. The RIAA would have no problem using a scandal like this to drive sales. Here, they refuse to even make money off her past recordings. Talk about your "one strike, you're out" policies. A career ended over 0.008 gram of amphetamine. That's pretty damn ridiculous. She'll probably get no work any time soon. The bridges are essentially burned, and even if not, with her CDs pulled, Japan's short memory of idols will pretty much bury any fame she had by the time she returns.

• 3 weeks later...

More insult to injury for Noriko Sakai. Her summer home has been hit with arson.

http://www.japanator.com/noriko-sakai-s-va...mes-11472.phtml

This stuff is pretty childish. All for minor drug possession and use...

I'm thinking it might be time for Noriko Sakai to make the move to America. It worked for Mari Iijima, it can work for her too. Plus, they wouldn't give a crap about her drug use here like they do in Japan.

Oh, and the people who burned down her summer home should be strung up by their testicles or nipples or whatever and flogged with bamboo. There's no excuse for that. Do a little drugs and they treat you like a witch at the Salem Witch Trials.

• 1 month later...
Any idea on what this is? Wonderfest exclusive?

Noriko Figure

Just curious as I have never seen it before. Boobs are a little big to be Noriko's, maybe she's all grown up? :lol:

Uh, no... Noriko's boobs should not be that big. Someone going a bit overboard on the mammaries there. I will not get this figure simply because of this.

Uh, no... Noriko's boobs should not be that big. Someone going a bit overboard on the mammaries there. I will not get this figure simply because of this.

I agree, I don't really like it either. but I guess you answered my question as to if anyone else had seen it. If you haven't, then no one has. :)

It's not so much that the boobs are too big, as the ass isn't proportional to the boobs. This model makes her look like she's got too flat of an ass. If they were going to go overboard, they should have gone all the way.

Yup, looks like she's all grown up and wearing abt 2 sizes smaller... her puppies look long with age and the over-support by those signature crossed arms, show it. But look at her Mikimoto-style face, the fire of hardwork and guts are definitely there in those eyes. I used to feel bad fantasizing abt her but not when she looks that legally hot like now. That's the Noriko I know - all grown up. ^_^

She is not all grown up. You're not realizing that Noriko is basically the same age biologically in 2048 as she was when she went to space in 2021. Give or take one or two years due to time dilation and by the time Noriko and Kazumi are reunited in 2048 she would be around 17 or 18 biologically while legally she would be 42. So how can her boobs have sagged in that amount of time? And I doubt Noriko would have remained in the service when she returned to Earth in 14292 A.D. Her duty to God and world would be over.

Keith is right. If they were going to make an exaggerated figure of Noriko, they should have done her butt also. Noriko is petite and they should have designed the new figure that way.

Yeah, my geeky otaku-ness is coming out on this, but I'm such a Gunbuster nerd...

She is not all grown up. You're not realizing that Noriko is basically the same age biologically in 2048 as she was when she went to space in 2021. Give or take one or two years due to time dilation and by the time Noriko and Kazumi are reunited in 2048 she would be around 17 or 18 biologically while legally she would be 42. So how can her boobs have sagged in that amount of time? And I doubt Noriko would have remained in the service when she returned to Earth in 14292 A.D. Her duty to God and world would be over.

Keith is right. If they were going to make an exaggerated figure of Noriko, they should have done her butt also. Noriko is petite and they should have designed the new figure that way.

Yeah, my geeky otaku-ness is coming out on this, but I'm such a Gunbuster nerd...

I meant all grown up as in she's physically taller now, and looking more like her sempai. In that figure, I see Noriko with Kazumi's body. As for how she got the long puppies... maybe stretched due to running away from the detonated blackhole bomb? I kid, I kid. I'm don't find her boobs over exaggerated at all... they are just pushed up by her arms and to me, they just look very "genki" like how they were animated back then. ^_^

I'm don't find her boobs over exaggerated at all... they are just pushed up by her arms and to me, they just look very "genki" like how they were animated back then. ^_^

I just watched the first couple eps the other day, and there is no way Noriko from the OVA could pull off those breasts with assistance from any clothing. Definitely an exaggeration.

Edited by GogDog

The figure seems like a homage to both Noriko and Nono since Nono has long hair and has the long scarf thing like in that Noriko figure.

Not a scarf thing. That is a version of the headband Smith Toren used to mark the ladder in the game of kimo dameshi.

Thanks for the update on Ms Sakai. Too bad for her.

Whoa...the Japanese companies really take compliance with society norms very very seriously.

They take it really seriously apparently. Acccording to Ms Sakai's wikipedia entry:

"Sun Music president Masahisa Aizawa said, "We apologize from the bottom of our hearts for the alleged misdeeds of Ms. Sakai." Sun Music removed Sakai's official web site from its web server. Soon after Aizawa's announcement, he was demoted to vice-president. Chairman Hideyoshi Aizawa removed himself from the position, and is now an adviser to Sun Music, with no right to represent the firm."

Take another look at Kazumi's body. Her breasts aren't that much larger than Noriko's. Go to episode 2 where they are in the bath house. Now Jung Freud on the other hand was a very ample woman.

Now that you mention it, it's a Noriko with Jung's tits, and Kazumi's body posture and butt. I didn't see it that way until now. I'm liking it even more, thanks!

Now, if they only give her Kimiko's glasses... instant best of show figure! ^_^

Edited by boota

All this talk about the look of the figure, but did we establish where this figure came from? Anybody that can read Japanese please enlighten. I see an '07WF at the bottom. Does that mean it was from Wonderfest 2007? I also see a 2006,9,12 date. Perhaps a release date? This is probably old, yes?

All this talk about the look of the figure, but did we establish where this figure came from? Anybody that can read Japanese please enlighten. I see an '07WF at the bottom. Does that mean it was from Wonderfest 2007? I also see a 2006,9,12 date. Perhaps a release date? This is probably old, yes?

The 2006,9,12 date you see is Noriko's birthday. She was born on September 12, 2006. The figure was fan made in 2007 and is now out of production. The figure's last appearence was at the World Hobby Festival Ariake 17 convention.

Hmm...

Boobs, drugs and robots.

I need to stop mopping and watch Gunbuster!

A quick question though:

I have seen and totally love the SOC Gunbuster which is sadly not easy to get my hands on..

But I also like the Dix Neuf which apparently is also part of Gunbuster lore? Is there anything bigger than the Revoltech Dix Neuf out there?

Pete