The Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread v2.0

Noriko Takaya

• 3 weeks later...
you should join and check out the yahoo gunbuster groups! lots of pics for the gunbuster toys and other items over the years.

oh and imo the SHE Gunbuster is the best gb "toy". :lol:

What makes you say that? The SHE Gunbuster is small and kinda loses out to the SOC one.

you should join and check out the yahoo gunbuster groups! lots of pics for the gunbuster toys and other items over the years.

oh and imo the SHE Gunbuster is the best gb "toy". :lol:

thx, i may try to do a Gunbuster high-poly 3d model, non-transformable. Just gathering pictures now.

For your general information, some of you guys have asked why I never included a page on my site for the science lessons. Well, I'm adding one. Instead of just giving my account of the physics of the Gunbuster universe, I'm posting the actual video for reference for those interested. Kind of like a video lecture class. It'll be cool for those interested.

Check page 43 for pics of all the toys together.

It really doesn't help, they all look like gunbuster. But how do i know which one is more accurate?

I already did one low poly model, it is avaliable at turbosquid, but isn't good.

Edited by akt_m

For your general information, some of you guys have asked why I never included a page on my site for the science lessons. Well, I'm adding one. Instead of just giving my account of the physics of the Gunbuster universe, I'm posting the actual video for reference for those interested. Kind of like a video lecture class. It'll be cool for those interested.

Cool idea! Let us know when its done.

And make sure you chibify yourself. :lol:

It really doesn't help, they all look like gunbuster. But how do i know which one is more accurate?

I already did one low poly model, it is avaliable at turbosquid, but isn't good.

Well if you are looking for comparison pics from all of the existing GB models and toys that is harder to provide. However if you are looking at the older models start here: http://home.comcast.net/~valkyrie2036/gunbuster/models.html and http://www.toponeraegunbuster.com/Gunbuster-Models.html

then move onto

http://www.toponeraegunbuster.com/Gunbuster-Toys.html

also check out detailed pics of the various GB toys and figures at the Yahoo Gunbuster2 group, if you haven't joined you should do so!

Ultimately, I think a lot depends on your budget and how patient you are. Many of the older models and GB toys are not readily available so it may take awhile. Happy hunting! :)

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

I watched Gunbuster a little while ago and I have a question. What's with the science of Gunbuster? They talk about ether in space, which is an old, disproved theory. Is that a joke? Are the science lessons there to teach fake science or real science? They just confused me.

The idea of black-hole powered technology is awesome, by the way.

I watched Gunbuster a little while ago and I have a question. What's with the science of Gunbuster? They talk about ether in space, which is an old, disproved theory. Is that a joke? Are the science lessons there to teach fake science or real science? They just confused me.

Yeah, a lot of the science in Gunbuster is farcical. However some of it is based in real science. Time dilation, for example, is one part of Einstein's theories of relativity.

And black holes being used to power technology is not new to science fiction. The TARDISes used in the British series Doctor Who are powered by a black hole which was transported to Gallifrey by the first Time Lord Rassilon.

Well if you are looking for comparison pics from all of the existing GB models and toys that is harder to provide. However if you are looking at the older models start here: http://home.comcast.net/~valkyrie2036/gunbuster/models.html and http://www.toponeraegunbuster.com/Gunbuster-Models.html

then move onto

http://www.toponeraegunbuster.com/Gunbuster-Toys.html

also check out detailed pics of the various GB toys and figures at the Yahoo Gunbuster2 group, if you haven't joined you should do so!

Ultimately, I think a lot depends on your budget and how patient you are. Many of the older models and GB toys are not readily available so it may take awhile. Happy hunting! :)

:o I mean i want reference photos of the most accurate gunbuster model/toy for a 3d model. I'm not going to buy one...

I have no idea which one is better from the picture. That's why i'm asking here for the experts. C'mon Noriko Takaya, you have all the toys, and own a gunbuster website, which one you think is the best??

Edited by akt_m

:o I mean i want reference photos of the most accurate gunbuster model/toy for a 3d model. I'm not going to buy one...

I have no idea which one is better from the picture. That's why i'm asking here for the experts. C'mon Noriko Takaya, you have all the toys, and own a gunbuster website, which one you think is the best??

In my opinion, the most accurate of all the models of the Gunbuster would be the SHE figure. But at $500 I am not putting mine together as it is so fragile I'm afraid I'll break it. Those guys over at SHE did such a wonderful job with the design and moulding. You can tell they put a lot of work into it. Second would be the Soul Of Chogokin toy, but being as it's just that, a toy, it's kind of bulky in places to allow for the transformation. I would also say that maybe General Products original resin kit would be accurate, because afterall they did the design work on the mecha being as they were the modelling arm of Gainax in its infancy.

As for those interested, the Science Lesson page is up. Will have to work on it, and I am not super-deforming myself. God knows my eating habit has already done that to me. Please be patient and allow all videos to load. Sorry if your connection speeds are slow for some of you, but I wanted these things high quality. And don't ask me why I used Quicktime format. I couldn't get multiple flash videos to work for some reason.

Linky thing: http://www.toponeraegunbuster.com/Gunbuste...ce-Lessons.html

Yep, there's a lot of real science mixed in with 'wrong' science, along with other crap they just made up :lol:

And actually, a while back, there was a group who fansubbed Gunbuster, and they got a physics professor to watch the show, and comment on the science aspects. The result is a very interesting read!

Physics_Professor_Commentary.txt

Some disconcerting news. ANN reports that Noriko Sakai, singer of Active Heart, is missing after her husband's arrest on drug charges. Apparently she left her son with a friend and turned off her phone ("She apparently turned her phone on once last night and they tracked the signal to Yamanashi which is leading people to think she's headed to Jukai which is a popular place to commit suicide..." says one ANN poster). Despite the alarmists suggestions, I'm hoping she turns up okay. Apparently, there's a warrant out for her arrest too.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Puzzles me why no one has made highly articulate figures of Nono from Diebuster or a diecast version of Dix Neuf.

Damn a posable Nono figure all buster machine'd out would be sweet. Spinning leg lasers & all.