The Aim for the Top! Gunbuster Thread v2.0

Noriko Takaya

Sorry guys, I've gotta brag.

So you all remember this post of mine from back in January, right? The one where I was all pissed off cause my first shot at a 1/20,000 Excelion kit in 5 years was stolen from me?

Well, that story finally has a happy ending. For I now have my #1 grail kit :D

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n76047036

Congratulations. Nice find. ;)

Hey guys. Just got my SHE GunBuster. I feel very blessed to own this piece. First part is gallery is up, will shoot second half later with accessories.

One question, as this is my first resin figure. As you can see, in some areas, there are some imperfections. I take it this is normal with a resin figure?

SHE GunBuster Gallery

Edited by GogDog

Hey guys. Just got my SHE GunBuster. I feel very blessed to own this piece. First part is gallery is up, will shoot second half later with accessories.

One question, as this is my first resin figure. As you can see, in some areas, there are some imperfections. I take it this is normal with a resin figure?

SHE GunBuster Gallery

Welcome to the SHE Gunbuster owner club. Yup, the imperfections are normal. I have them on my SHE Gunbuster as well. A phenomenally brilliant piece of perfect transformation whose thunder is stolen by his SOC brother. I actually like the SHE's proportions more than the SOC one. Is yours a normal retail version, or the WF special set that comes with the Buster Home Run, B. Cowboy, B. Tomahawk & B. Anchor?

Welcome to the SHE Gunbuster owner club. Yup, the imperfections are normal. I have them on my SHE Gunbuster as well. A phenomenally brilliant piece of perfect transformation whose thunder is stolen by his SOC brother. I actually like the SHE's proportions more than the SOC one. Is yours a normal retail version, or the WF special set that comes with the Buster Home Run, B. Cowboy, B. Tomahawk & B. Anchor?

I just got the normal version without the extra accessories. I saw it mint of eBay for $360 and knew I would never forgive myself if I passed it up, so it came out of my BotCon savings. :)

Any tips on getting the homing lasers to spread out well?

Here's my current GB collection:

3560562293_1f48843b37_b.jpg

Edited by GogDog

Nice Gunbuster collection you have!

Mine is the normal set too. The special online preorder set is too expensive for me for so little extra.

The Homing laser is a pain the butt to pose; I think the picture below is the best spread that you can achieve without any help, I'm not really impressed by it. What I like most of all it the telescoping buster colliders - SHE actually got it made correct and closer to the anime than Bandai.

Check out these links...

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?d...TrUrl=Translate

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?d...TrUrl=Translate

post-7892-1243223334_thumb.jpg

Edited by mr.chogokin

I have everything there except the SHE resin kit and next to it which i assume was the old Kaiyodo toy.

Maybe should get the Trading Figure Gunbuster to complete the collection. ;3

I have everything there except the SHE resin kit and next to it which i assume was the old Kaiyodo toy.

Maybe should get the Trading Figure Gunbuster to complete the collection. ;3

Yup, that's the Kaiyodo V1.

I have the second set of GB trading figures, which includes Buster Machines 1 and 2, the Exelion, and the okaerinasai figures. Trying to find the first ones with GunBuster, Noriko, Kazumi, and the RX-7s and Sizzlers is no easy task. They show up on YJ now and again, but I have yet to get into proxy bidding, and I don't really know who to contact in that regard anyway.

Edited by GogDog

I like the pic where you can see all of them together. I think that's the first time I've seen all those together like that. I never realized the SHE was smaller than the SOC Gunbuster. I always assumed it was the same size for some reason. The SHE Gunbuster is the one thing I can't bring myself to spend the money on. But then again, I didn't know there was a cheaper version with less accessories. I know HLJ still has a new one for like $600USD IIRC :wacko: . Perfect transformation is not a big deal for me in any case, so I'm happy with the SOC. :)

I like all the Gunbuster figures, but I wish someone would have done a Revoltech or Kaiyodo verson of the RX trainers. I only know of the model and the trading figures. Ditto for the Sizzlers. I lucked out last year when an online shop still had 5 of the 1st series trading figures. Fortunately, I didn't get any repeats. :) I also wouldn't mind to see either Figma or Revoltech Fraulein figures of all the characters.

I was disappointed that there wasn't any real merchandising push when the new DVD and Blu-rays came out. Or, at least I didn't notice anything significant. I hope that there will be some sort of anniversary thing some day where perhaps we can get some new toys and models.

I like the pic where you can see all of them together. I think that's the first time I've seen all those together like that. I never realized the SHE was smaller than the SOC Gunbuster. I always assumed it was the same size for some reason. The SHE Gunbuster is the one thing I can't bring myself to spend the money on. But then again, I didn't know there was a cheaper version with less accessories. I know HLJ still has a new one for like $600USD IIRC :wacko: . Perfect transformation is not a big deal for me in any case, so I'm happy with the SOC. :)

I like all the Gunbuster figures, but I wish someone would have done a Revoltech or Kaiyodo verson of the RX trainers. I only know of the model and the trading figures. Ditto for the Sizzlers. I lucked out last year when an online shop still had 5 of the 1st series trading figures. Fortunately, I didn't get any repeats. :) I also wouldn't mind to see either Figma or Revoltech Fraulein figures of all the characters.

I was disappointed that there wasn't any real merchandising push when the new DVD and Blu-rays came out. Or, at least I didn't notice anything significant. I hope that there will be some sort of anniversary thing some day where perhaps we can get some new toys and models.

Well, the cheaper version is the normal version, really. It's whats offered at HLJ for the $600+. The other version runs more, I assume.

And agreed on all other counts. Since Gainax and Kaiyodo have had such a good working relationship for all these years, I do wish there would be more GB figures. While I appreciate the Yamaguchi GB, it needs an update. And I would scoop up some Fraulein in a heartbeat. And Revoltech Sizzlers and RX-7s? I'll buy multiples.

Well, since I missed out on Gainax's officially released t-shirts because I could not fit my fat ass into one, I decided to go ahead and design my own. Nothing special, just an image on the back and the logo on the front. Let me know what you think of these travesties. Which ever one I decide to go with, I will post pics of it when I get it.

shirt-design01.jpg

shirt-design02.jpg

Well, since I missed out on Gainax's officially released t-shirts because I could not fit my fat ass into one, I decided to go ahead and design my own. Nothing special, just an image on the back and the logo on the front. Let me know what you think of these travesties. Which ever one I decide to go with, I will post pics of it when I get it.

Very nice!

Although I think it would've been better if you'd used tat actual title logo for the back...maybe that's just me.

I've been rewatching Gunbuster for the first time in a very long while...I'd almost forgotten how wonderful it is. ^_^

personally, I think the second design looks better, although I would actually suggest having the word gunbuster on the front only, and on the back Just "aim for the top!" in large letters either above or below the image.

What about a design like this??? :lol:

post-180-1243747439_thumb.jpg

It's not as if i'm really going to wear this stuff.

Edited by akt_m

Oh well.. unfortunately i did the drawings over the low res-photo, can't provide you a good high-res file for you to print.

But if you really want, i could try to do it at corel draw (have to find the jack sparrow copy before).

Edited by akt_m

Okay, working on a second shirt as I stated before. This is a remake of the officially released Buster Beam shirt. Background text remains the same, just a different image. Background is black to show you what it would look like on the shirt. The front image is different also, but with same text not italicized because Photoshop does not offer the font Impact that way. Also on a black background. I like this one and think I will get it done. Already got a quote and it will cost me about $28.00 to have it done. I've gotten work shirts from the same company before and they were top notch. The images I used were hi-rez, so they should come out too.

2nd-shirt-design01.jpg

2nd-shirt-design02.jpg

Wow, this thread's been pretty active for awhile and I didn't notice. Not much happening on the Gunbuster front here. I neglected to get my bluray set signed by Yamaga at Fanime this year (he was signing enough anyway, and there's always next year), and I saw, but couldn't budget a Wave Nono I didn't know existed. Nice shirts, Noriko. Simple and to the point. You should maybe add quotations around Buster Beam to make up for lack of italics. The changed image works, even if it's not quite accurate. Though reviewing the attack list reminds me of how odd "Buster Homing Laser" is, as it didn't have "Buster" before it in the show.

With Dot-anime and Broccoli USA both dead now, any hopes of ever seeing the results of the shirt contest are pretty much gone. Not that I expected to win, but it was a nice pipe dream. Shame the whole thing came too late and that it all rode on lack of communication with Gainax.

You're welcome to make any of the designs I submitted. At least someone would be using them.

Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Yeah I know the changed image is not entirely accurate, but I could not get a sufficiently hi-rez image of Gunbuster firing the beam weapon and the one image I substituted kind of shows Gunbuster's "Yeah, f**k with me and see what happens" attitude. The image is from episode 5 and this is when the mecha slams into the hull of the Exelion to protect it from the uuchu kaijuu.

And yeah, the use of buster homing laser is strange, but that is what was printed on the original shirt. I wanted to keep the text original.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, got my first shirt back and they did an awesome job on it! This is the back of it. Camera flash made it a bit grainy and light, but it did come out wonderfully. And below that image, I did finally find a way to italicize the font for my buster beam shirt. I'm still going to use the same image in the background, but it does look better with the italics.

shirt-design.jpg

157copy.jpg

That sihrt sir, is full of win. Kudo's. Curiosity, where did you find a shirt shop that let you use licensed images?

Right here, my friend: http://www.choiceshirts.com. And they don't even ask if you own the image. Something wrong with that, I guess, but I don't know how to silkscreen and these guys were cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing the images made me consider trying to realise some of my own. Though looking them over, they need some major touch up work, particularly 1. They were originally made quickly as concepts afterall. How the print quality? Is the image stiff and brittle, or more soft and malible with the fabric.