Transformers Super Thread 4: The Return

Dangard Ace

Saw some new shots of the 20th AV Prime Reissue...it's the exact same damn version but with the blue gun and a stand.....he's still has the busted smoke stacks......here I was about to tell my Prime to get one that's actually accurate (cept the gun) but nope...

Saw some new shots of the 20th AV Prime Reissue...it's the exact same damn version but with the blue gun and a stand.....he's still has the busted smoke stacks......here I was about to tell my Prime to get one that's actually accurate (cept the gun) but nope...

You could always import Takara's MP-01 (link)

You could also pre-order the upcoming Takara MP-04, which is basically a MP-01 with the trailer (link)

A new ravage? :blink:

New mold for Transformers Alternator, don't know it is real or not?

This is the real car pic :

41_428_b2f3312d82a5956.jpg

In car mode :

4140844fd8dd045703.jpg

441824508d006c0dcb.jpg

12_734.jpg

1222_908.jpg

In Robot mode....wait eh not transform into robot meh???

441824508d0070b37b.jpg

441824508d006825dc.jpg

441824508d005aa2c9.jpg

I'm iffy on the new Ravage mainly because we already have a Ravage. I want a different character. I also hope the rumours of Megatron as a car are false, and he comes with the military vehicle line I'm fairly certain I recall Hasbro announcing. I know they promised jets sometime in 07. Well, either way, as long as there is a decent MP Megatron (gun, tank, or artillery) I'll be pleased.

You know, I just realized that leaving the grill facing down from the front of the hood in Prime's robot mode, drastically increases the visual appeal of the toy. The tiny bits of upper leg that peek over his too-long lower legs are no longer hidden, the unpainted, cheap looking pelvic plate is gone, and it lends him some oldschool Transformer vibe, such as a lot of the other Alternators have.

I still wish he were Ironhide and they'd just left the MP Convoy as the defacto Binaltech/Alternators leader.

I actually just picked up Alt Prime, and I have to admit that I'm enjoying him more than I thought I would. I agree that the lower legs are too long and that his alt mode is still more suited to Ironhide or Trailbreaker, but he's pretty cool nonetheless. Now, if I could only find Mirage...

I got a Kiss Players Convoy recently. The fully painted plastic panels looks great. I really like the colour scheme of this version more than the Alternators. Also the crotch plate is painted which looked way cheap on the Alternator. Although it still hides the thighs so I haven't decided to keep it up or down yet. Can't wait for Kiss Hot Rod.

I got a Kiss Players Convoy recently. The fully painted plastic panels looks great. I really like the colour scheme of this version more than the Alternators. Also the crotch plate is painted which looked way cheap on the Alternator. Although it still hides the thighs so I haven't decided to keep it up or down yet. Can't wait for Kiss Hot Rod.

You sure you're waiting for hot rod, not the accompanying figure? :lol:

You know, before I went to bed this afternoon (crazy third shift schedule, and family visiting) I noticed that in both the artwork, and the toy photos on the Alt Prime box, they left the grill up under the hood, facing down. The only place it has the grill fold down into an ugly crotch plate is in the transformation instructions.

You sure you're waiting for hot rod, not the accompanying figure? :lol:

:lol: I'm pretty damn sure I just want Hot Rod. I really think that people should just get over the stupid little figures. You could just do what I do and keep the little anime girl in the box and chuck it behind the huge pile of boxes. Or take it to the extreme and burn it, whatever floats your boat. Hot Rod just looks really awesome and Mirage needs a mold buddy.

I also hope the rumours of Megatron as a car are false, and he comes with the military vehicle line I'm fairly certain I recall Hasbro announcing. I know they promised jets sometime in 07.
They never announed any military vehicle line. They didn't promise jets in 2007.

In 2005 said they would be discussing jets with Takara. Presumebly that evolved into MP Starscream instead. I can only assume, baring some surprise unvieling at Botcon, they decided against a military line or jets in Alternators due to cost factors.

At least there will be several versions of F-22 Raptor Starscream next year.

Roadbots look totally sweet. Who cares if some are 1:18 scale?

Some of them do look pretty nice, but i just can't be certain about the quality. I've never seen them in stores. But i guess if you're only going to be posing them, as long as have stable joints, i guess quality won't be much of an issue.

Here's your hot rod. Not as bad as 1st envisioned...but that padlock around the neck still doesn't look like a fashion accesory.

Hey, it looks like the chest locks actually WORK on Hot Rod!

I also like that they're painted, as is the grille. Those parts on Mirage look a tad flat.

HOLY SHEEP! Thanks for the link, MoP. Woah those roadbots are HUGE. Huger than MPC Prime even. Looks pretty cool and detailed too. Shame on me when i thought these were transformer bootlegs some time ago.

Hey, it looks like the chest locks actually WORK on Hot Rod!

I also like that they're painted, as is the grille. Those parts on Mirage look a tad flat.

I hope so, that's the one dissapointing part about Mirage, that the chest piece refuses to lock with the side pieces. Plus, this Hot Rod looks fantastic, can't wait for an Alt version to be released in the States.

Any word on the other Binaltech police car? Red Alert, wasn't it? I've seen Binaltech versions of him at conventions and on websites, but I've been holding off for an Alternators release.

Ha ha. thats funny.

My Nephew and his Dad like my display room. I even let them play with some of the figures, not the Macross stuff, just some Transformers, little Mazingers and Optimus Prim Titanium

I think i'll be getting the Roadbots. :)

well some of them, not all, maybe

I don't know. The top two I've defintiely felt like from time to time... although the opposite is true sometimes and you look at a modern toy and go 'Gee... I wish we had something that cool when I was a kid..'

But the third panel is decidedly not me. I'm not only a 'toys deserve to be free!' advocate who will rarely keep something in a box unless it happens to look exceptional that way or just don't have the problem place to put them yet, but I'm also the type not to treat the displayed stuff like museum pieces. Don't have any kids of my own yet, but when friends have brought over little ones and they immediately dive for the toys, I let them. To me, seeing the toy played with does more to make me happy than having the display piece.

And, yes, I've not only had things made lose with my philosophy, but also broken. Sometimes I'll try to fix it, sometimes buy a replacement, sometimes let it go... heck, I've even let one or two be taken home if the kid was truly enamored with it. To me, a toy lost to a child's fun is as noble an end as any a piece of plastic can have.

Yeah.. perhaps I'm a little weird, but while I've gone to great lengths to recapture my childhood, I definitely like to let it run free from time to time. :D

BTW, that comic is pretty funny... here's its commentary on our favorite lil' KISS Convoy...

20060609kissplayerqv7.jpg

Hopefully it wasn't posted already back when we were talking about it... don't think so....

Edited by Southpaw Samurai