The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

Missiles with magnetic hard points?? That *sounds* like the worst idea ever. Maybe they could amaze me and pull it off but seriously, if you own a Yamato 1/48 Super then you no how much a pain in the rear missiles can be to get to stay on and stay straight. I have a hard time believing magnets would work better than the "insert pole in hole" approach. If all the missiles do is get crooked and fall off then it'd be more frustrating then having no missiles at all (although I guess the missiles would still help for static displays).

the second coming indeed. man the toy form those angles look awesome, especally the battroid. with that i think with a little anaylisis we can figure out how it transforms! Gerwalk looks a thousand times better than the 1/72. Yamato damn you, damn you for stealing our wallets like this!

Looking good. I don't think this thing necessarily will have any kind of balance issue. I bet that it was just posed that way with leg slighty bent back. The size of the feet look like they'd easily keep it steady.

So the fat crotch piece and skinny limbs worked out ok after all. "Good enough for a toy"-fighter mode, with "less stress on joints" fine limbs and a "small enough to not break the limp wrist" gunpod were all good decisions. I think this thing will be ultra light just by looking at it. I think the little shoulder armor pieces hanging off the side could be a tad longer so you can see them but I'm happy overall now that Ihave seen it from all angles.

Judging by the profile shot, if the nose was any longer in plane mode the boob would be unsightly in battroid mode. Looks like they got just the right balance imo.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

e_jacob--no, that's a painted resin prototype, the same one from 2 weeks ago, just more pics from that photoshoot. Those pics could be months old, only just now being released. The pics on the first page of the thread are actually the most recent version of the mold, and closer to the final product.

Wow! those pics are awesome!!!! and personally I think the plastic one we've seen that David refered to looks even better! ?So this baby just keeps getting better and better!

Chris

e_jacob--no, that's a painted resin prototype, the same one from 2 weeks ago, just more pics from that photoshoot. Those pics could be months old, only just now being released. The pics on the first page of the thread are actually the most recent version of the mold, and closer to the final product.

These are definitely of the resin prototype... My guess is graham had all of these official pics when we was teasing us about how exquisite it was in each mode.

The more I look at this, I can't express how PERFECT the colors are... given we have a possible color change coming, I seriously hope it doesn't change from this...

Those pics do look awesome. But the side profile of the battroid makes me wonder if the battroid could actually hold the gunpod with both hands. The shoulders seem to lack the ability to swivel forward, and the big boob on the chest isn't gonna help.

Beautiful! Yamato surely has matured as a company. Their toys contiune to show an increasing level of sophistication from product to product. If they keep this up, they will be around for a long time.

Kawamori is a genuis at designing variable fighters. Seeing it in toy form, you just have to realize how beautiful and yet functional is designs are.

vinnie

EDIT IN: Will this be a problem? Or just a case of mistransformation?

post-375-1158542432_thumb.jpg

Edited by justvinnie

I'd say mistransformation. You can see through the cracks easily there, where as in other pictures of it in fighter mode, that area is flush against the main body with no room to see through. In fact that's the same picture as in the grey YF-19 info sheet that Graham let us see. :)

The gaps on the sides of the intakes? It's partly because it's a resin prototype, but mostly mis-transformed. Check all the other pics---most of the time they fit nice and tight, but a few times (like that) they're really off. The plastic one will likely "click" together better, and we won't mistransform it. :) You rarely see a "correct" transformation in official photos.

I'm so happy with battroid mode now. The attitude is just right. Fighter mode was so beautiful that I was afraid battroid mode would suffer too much. That wouldn't necessarily have to happen to any other valk, but this is the trickiest of all valks.

Yamato is doing an outstanding job lately. I can't wait to see what they do with the rest of the M+ line. (Aw, c'mon, you all know it's coming).

Hi all,

What I meant by, is this a finished valk, was that something is missing for gerwalk mode.... I can't find the site with the lineart of said missing thing, but I can try and take the pic to paint and then upload it there.... HAHA!! I've been dying to know if they would have this in the sculpt or not actually......Stay tuned....

edit: I meant upload it here.....

edit # 2...... In the following pic, the little red line points to part of the rear end of gerwalk mode.. Where there is the crappy scribblely line that should have made a circle, well that is where the 19's forward thrusters are for gerwalk mode......

I asked along time ago where the forward thrust came from on the 19, buried somehwheres in the old forum, but noone could tell me where they were located...... Then I seen the lineart pic, wished I woulda saved it now...... DOH!!!

post-975-1158549430_thumb.jpg

Edited by e_jacob77

wow, those are some awsome pics. I actualy like the toys battriod mode more than the official line art. the one thing I can't get over is how they store the part that becomes the croch on the battroid in fighter mode. it just looks wrong and I can't help but be destracted by it.

(I Circled what I'm talking about)

post-4286-1158548785_thumb.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Actually, the way the crotch-piece folds and is stored in fighter mode, is correct to Kawamori's transformation lineart.

The Yamato 1/60 is the only toy to get this correct so far.

Graham

It's accurate in the WAY it folds as the crotch peice but the back side of the piece should actually be shaped so that it matched the contours of the neck before it.

I havent noticed this until I got a better look at the underside with these pics.

I'm fine with it now but I'm wondering why something relatively simple wasn't given that extra bit of polish.

Also the loose joint issue will be MOST scrutinized if that peice can't keep in place while in fighter.

Do you have any info you can share about that Graham?