The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

The YF-21 gunpods are reloadable. They aren't disposable, requiring a newly built gunpod every time the mech comes back from a battle. They just aren't practical to reload in the field. You need at least some downtime to properly load the GV-17L gunpods. So combat conditions rule out reloading on the fly. Which is basically the same situation as the old GU-11s.

Which is pretty much what I meant. They are cartridge-less style gunpods. While not disposable, you could pretty much bet that the YF-21 would get rid of the Gunpod if it is spent, it's a common thing for pilots to do in anime. Screw the UN budget.

Just wondering who has preordered this with the cheapest price so far? I preordered from HLJ with early bird price.

Check Godzilla's thread in the For Sale section. Great price.

I'm still trying to figure out "who'll get it first--and can ship it to me first". Saw one person say Neova I think, for being close to Yamato's factory. Price isn't much of a concern--it'll be around 200 bucks regardless, +/- 10 bucks isn't worth a week or two of waiting for an ultra-fan of the YF-19 like myself.

I'm still trying to figure out "who'll get it first--and can ship it to me first". Saw one person say Neova I think, for being close to Yamato's factory. Price isn't much of a concern--it'll be around 200 bucks regardless, +/- 10 bucks isn't worth a week or two of waiting for an ultra-fan of the YF-19 like myself

This thing will retail in Japan and the surrounding areas for $120 is my guess. Put a $20 mark up on it and ship it to the US and I'm thinking $170 should be the max price.

For those considering going to Neova, I think it took 4 days for his package to make it to me... I call that fast. I don't know his asking price at the moment, nor do I know how quick he gets things from Yamato, but if shipping time alone counts then I could vouch for him.

With the Godzilla preorder my final price is about the same price i paid for my VF-0 at its launch: $160ish. I love the YF19 but it doesn't have to be at my door the day after it comes out since I already waited forever for its release as it is.

I suppose when you say, "flying" you meant hovering. I do remember wheels were hugging the ground but the main bike itself was kind of suspended in mid-air without the aid of conventional shocks and springs but thru the use of what I assume to be magnets.

It would be nice to have something that gives all the 1/60th collection a sense of scale rather than the wingspan comparison.

I think he means the homemade one that Isamu and Guld built as teenagers.

If you guys think the 1/72 yf-19 is expensive, try buying a lancer evolution and building it up to look like the yf-21 from the out side to the inside, I swear to you it will be the largest project in MW history(chokeing in my own drool) :wacko: It will most likely cost me more than a 2grand of after part configuration, not include'ing the price of the car. two-three years of hard work, al be one step closer of have'ing the real thing, well kinda. :p

Graham.

Can you find out if Yamato will have tougher QC this time around? After paying so much for the VF-0S I'm afraid of more loose elbow and shoulder joints.

YET keep the same awesome paint and tampo printing.

I feel this desparation inside me to buy one...nay, three of these bastards but I'm worried about two things. One, really, just split into two parts:

-Will there be a "fixed" release when (/if) they correct some of the flaws that are bound to crop up in the first batch(es)?

-Will Yamato just go ahead and release a version With the Fastpacks, possibly one updated from the initial release to fix errors and also work better with the Fastpacks themselves?

Not to be the little stormcloud mucking up your day, but problems like these are not inconceivable to toy owners of ANY brand.

This is a very expensive "investment" and I want to be sure I don't gip myself by jumping the gun, and I've suffered before due to both impatience and the wait-and-see.

You never know what Yamato is going to do with their production schedules, what they might re-release due to good sales, but I remember what happened last time with the YF-19 and me (see the above wait-and-see, poor sucker waits for Toycom to pick up the license).

/sigh. What to do.

Flaws and unforseen errors not withstanding this toy has been designed from the word go with the fastpacks and fold booster in mind so I don;t think they'll be any major issues there.

I'm sad to say that I won't be buying one straight away after all, partly because I can't afford it and also because I pre-ordered Gunbuster first. :lol: