The 2nd coming of the YF-19, Part 2

David Hingtgen

The original thread is archived here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=19382

For those that haven't been to MacrossNexus while the board was down, Graham posted new scans and new official pics, then I snagged the BIG pics from Yamato's own site from their Flash player. Also there was a big discussion about the color of the feet.

These pics were found by newbb on MacrossNexus. Big thanks go out to newbb, that was a great find.

The "big" pics are delayed, seems to be an attachment size limit issue. Will put them up as soon as the board lets me.

Edited by David Hingtgen

Latest battroid pics seem to confirm a MG Hase-style torso transformation. Which is more correct than SHE/Yamato style--this moves the cockpit aft in battroid mode.

Thought of an easy and obvious solution for how to attach the Fold Booster---new shield. Just have the Fold Booster permanently molded onto a new shield--when you want the Fold Booster on, just swap shields.

It seems the "mystery tubes" are interpreted as guns by Yamato--seem to resemble mini-gunpods and have a clear line of fire in fighter mode.

::edit:: Now that attachments are working 100%, here are the BIG pics.

Edited by David Hingtgen

The Yf-19 is getting better everyday! Also tmpanime.com has a cheaper preorder but by the looks of it it is already sold out. In the fighter mode pictures it looks like there is a hole in the back of both shoulders and a hole in both of the legs by the shield. I'm thinkin that maybe that is where the fold booster will attach. You can see the holes in the pictures that say 1994 big west.

Edited by dizman

this is a definet must buy for me. i wonder if we will see the other Macross Plus jets anytime soon, i would kill for a VF-11. also any news if this comes with the fast packs?

Ack! I was going to go with TMP. Hmmmn. Guess I'll wait for some of MW's own dealers to start offering pre-orders. Honestly, with Yamato's QC history, you want a dealer you can deal with personally incase there's 2 left hands, or a missing piece, or there's something else wrong. Most of the bigger places that aren't really "up" with Macross aren't as likely to help or part out another one to fix yours.

This may just be wishful thinking but if you look at one of the pictures of the underside of the yf-19, does that look like a switch in the nose under the cockpit. Maybe, just maybe the yf-19 lights up. It's the 6th picture over in the first post.

Edited by dizman

This may just be wishful thinking but if you look at one of the pictures of the underside of the yf-19, does that look like a switch in the nose under the cockpit. Maybe, just maybe the yf-19 lights up. It's the 6th picture over in the first post.

The YF-19 is complex enough as it is without including electronics in it. I doubt the YF-19 is going to light up. Besides with it being in the nose what would light up? The red sensors?

Save the electronics for the Fold Booster. :D

From the MN thread, please no blue feet. I wouldn't mind if the anything grey in those shots was just a bit darker though but could just be the lighting.

Guess the only changes possible now are color related.

It's got to be the lighting. I'd still buy it if it had blue feet.

I don't know why the fold booster is such a problem since Yamato can apply magnets into the equation.

Who says the Fold Booster is a problem. There's no problem that I'm aware of.

Graham

Jusdging from the photos, it looks like the upper legs above the intakes are made of diecast as well as the shoulders.

AFAIK no, but I'll double check.

Graham

Forgive me if this hasn't been said before. If one were to look at the underside of the shield there are round metalic plates. It seems to me that these are four magnets, two of them for each arm. If this is true, would this be a problem? The shield should always be associated with the left arm so would magnets on the left side be stronger than the other two magnets for the right arm?

I must agree that a magnet in the handle of the gunpod would be nice. You can put a magnet in the hand so that the gun wouldn't fall off or on the arm for fighter mode.

For those who didn't visit macrossnexus.com, Graham pointed out hints in a photo that the canopy opens in half.

And I'm really curious as how they managed this as the nose of the plane breaks off at the area where the hinge should be if there was one at all.

Just curious. After the YF-19 comes out, will we ever see those prototype pics that Graham had all this time? I'd like to see what tortured him for years.

Drew

post-233-1157952030_thumb.jpg

Edited by Briareos

That's what I've been trying to figure out--the nose splits apart right where the hinge for a forward-opening windscreen should be. I tried and couldn't figure out a way for it to work, other than having the hinge itself separate during transformation. Probably something simple yet ingenious.

Do you guys think we'll see most of the goodies here included in the Fast Pack set?

nope...

where would they go? the yf-19 has no exterior missles, they all are internal which the toy definitely has no room for... They'd have to be displayed exactly as you see it in that pic there.

I'd be happy if they include the fast packs in with the yf-19... at $200 bucks Fast packs in the LEAST should be included.

I also hope if they release a fold booster, that it'd come in a box that's not a %1000 times bigger than the actual object within...

Oh and by the way, the new pix rock!

Edited by Nani?!

Looking at new pics now. Looking good.

Now waiting to see mid transformation pics so we can see what it look like while transforming to each mode.

I think it would be good ifthey just said the cylinders were cameras. Given how 'the boob' obstructs the view of the battroid when looking down so much it would be a handy thing to have and eliminate any kind of blind spot of the battroid mode if fighting in space. (I think they make great beam sabers personally :D)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker