Super Parts Problem: What Am I Forgetting?

VE Telus

Hey all! I just unpacked my 1/48 VF-1S from storage, and am now putting the super parts on the back. I must be doing something wrong, because the backpack is HEAVY! So heavy, in fact, that it tilts backward.

I know that the robot has this small clip that keeps the back part from falling. That doesn't seem to be helping. The super parts also came with an extra white part, to be inserted behind the battroid's head. Is this the part that will help keep the backpack straight?

I must be forgetting something, because the toy displayed fine before I put him in storage. But for the life of me, I can't figure it out. Can anyone help?

• 5 months later...

*** Skarkles Phoenix down on dead topic ***

I just bought a 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru and I have the same problem with it. I've looked at the above link, but I'm either really blind or really dumb or maybe a little of both :p

This is what I should see on the back of my valk

IPB Image

IPB Image

But this is what I have

IPB Image The tabs seems to be missing to secure the back plate.

IPB Image I don't seem to have those extra piece to secure it into place.

Could it be a flaw in the toy or like I asked before am I really blind and dumb ?

I received a 2nd issue Hikaru VF-1A not too long ago with the same problem (no nubs for the back hatch). Luckily for me, a MW member was parting out a VF-1 and I was able to buy a replacement back plate. Try just using the support piece, hopefully it will be strong enough to hold the backpack up without the nubs.

Hey all! I just unpacked my 1/48 VF-1S from storage, and am now putting the super parts on the back. I must be doing something wrong, because the backpack is HEAVY! So heavy, in fact, that it tilts backward.

I know that the robot has this small clip that keeps the back part from falling. That doesn't seem to be helping. The super parts also came with an extra white part, to be inserted behind the battroid's head. Is this the part that will help keep the backpack straight?

I must be forgetting something, because the toy displayed fine before I put him in storage. But for the life of me, I can't figure it out. Can anyone help?

happened to me too there is no fix for this

its called Crapmato

Try Crazy Gluing the latch that holds the backpack and back piece that way it wont pop out

happened to me too there is no fix for this

its called Crapmato

Actually, it's called people who don't look through their instruction manual in your case.

But to answer the original question...do not fix the black neckplate in yet. Loosen the head, insert the backpack support piece and then fix the head in place.

I'd be careful as poo while doing this and I wouldn't recommend it if it's avoidable, but you could try this

I find that in order for the back thing to stay up you have to jam it in so that one part goes past the little peg and it sits askew at an angle. That's what works for me.

But like I said, be CAREFUL, don't use too much force, and whatever you do, don't blame me if you break your valk while doing this. Can't say I didn't warn you.

Good luck though.

i just got my 1st super & strike parts pack in today, but i have no backpack support clip inside the box. did this happen to anyone else? also, is this part really important?

Without pictures this could be really confusing to know what you're talking about. I would think the "clip" would be the part attached the valk, not something that came with fast packs. The fast packs come with a support though and that might be what you're referring to. If you got a set without the support than battroid poses may not be so fun.

Without pictures this could be really confusing to know what you're talking about. I would think the "clip" would be the part attached the valk, not something that came with fast packs. The fast packs come with a support though and that might be what you're referring to. If you got a set without the support than battroid poses may not be so fun.

sorry...haven't had time to get any pictures..yes, it is the support that comes with the fast packs that i don't have. i bought it off ebay from a seller who stated it was brand new and m.i.b.

if anyone here has an extra one of these support clips or a recast, please let me know...thank you!!

i just got home from work and the seller left me an email stating that he will be sending me another set for the inconveniance....i'll just have to wait and see...but until then if anyone here is willing to sell this part or recast one or can even direct me to someone that can help, let me know...it would be much appreciated!!!