low-viz 1A

do not disturb

okay, so i got the low-viz a while back but i figured no one did a review so i'll do one. :)

first, the low-viz is my favorite of all the valks just because it doesn't have the unrealistic colors like the other valks. now, normally you'd get tired of an old toy and throw it to the side after you get a new one, but this is not the case with the low-viz. i recently aquired the 1S, put the FP's on it and don't play with it nearly as much as i play with my 2 month old "naked" LV. :) does that say something???? i'd say so. :D

so that being said....everything is 95% PERFECT with this valk. i haven't had any real problems with it and i play with my valks. none of the past QC issues at all with these badboys...but there is 1.

as i stated, i play with my valks. i've had the LV for 2 months now and the paint is rubbing off at the knees/thighs and on the side of the legs.

oddly enough, most of us hold our valks by the legs and you kind of have to hold the knee/thigh? down when transforming from fighter mode to release the clip from the back of the leg.

it seems the oils from the hands contribute to the paint wearing/rubbing off which i wasn't too thrilled about. <_<

so, i decided to remove all of the paint from the knee/thigh, cause it just looked bad but left the paint on the side of the legs alone. while i don't like changing the overall paint/design, it was unavoidable with the LV. either i left it alone and it looked like crap or remove the paint and make it look normal.

other than that, i have NOT encounter a single problem. :) and even with the paint issue i still plan to get 2 more of these and suggest everyone pick up atleast 1....you won't be sorry.

i'd give it a 8.5 out of 10.

i'd love to give it a perfect 10, but paint rubbing off....i don't think so. none of the other valks have this problem and they should've done something(clear coat)to prevent this IMHO.

oh, and if you don't like the flimsy hands, do what i did and get some sp alpha hands.

just trim down the peg and slap those badboys on. they look 100 times better than those "chicken" hands and they're are about the same size. it doesn't fold into the arms but it holds the gunpod nice and tight plus, you don't even have to paint them, cause it matches perfect with the LV paint scheme. :) oh yeah!

it doesn't even seem like paint. it's more like the sticky bit after you remove a price tag....

you got that right pal!!! :D

its kind of funky and i believe it'll get worse next summer....its the humidity that'll kill ya! ;)

i just try to avoid touching the "painted" or "spooged" areas. the next low-viz i get, i'm probably going to remove all that crap and have it be grey. B)

yeah man. thanks :)

don't get me wrong though, i don't mind the original hands that much but the sp alpha hands "hold" better. basically, the gunpod doesn't fall off every time i "click" the elbow and i don't have to constantly make sure the arti. hands are holding the gun secure everytime i touch it or move it. not a biggie but its still annoys me. people said it would be too smal but the two sets of hands are almost the identical in size.

oh, BTW don't bother trying to get the sp valks hands, they're just too small and you have to cut into the gungrip hand in order to make it hold the gunpod....its just not worth it. i have my 1S rocking them but it doesn't look anywhere as good as the alpha hands i originally had on it.

it seems the oils from the hands contribute to the paint wearing/rubbing off which i wasn't too thrilled about. <_<

you have this problem too? the paint is getting sticky on the backplate and above the knee on mine, have you figured out a way to make the paint not sticky?

nah man, nothing you can do? :unsure:

the only thing i can think of to do is, to hit it with a thin layer of satin finish clear coat spray or something of that nature. i was thinking of doing this but i'm not trying to spray anything on a toy i paid a bunch of money for. so, i ended up just rubbing off the paint on the thigh/knee and try my best not to touch the other painted areas....it kind of sucks but life is give and take. :)

i'd try asking some of the dudes in the "models" forum.

i'm sure they'll have more/other helpful suggestions for you.

take care

• 4 weeks later...
i recently aquired the 1S, put the FP's on it and don't play with it nearly as much as i play with my 2 month old "naked" LV.  does that say something???? i'd say so.

It says to me that you would bad-mouth a cool toy because you didn't like the paint scheme. ;)

• 2 weeks later...