VE and VT

do not disturb

let me start off by saying, this is my first review so bare with me and don't flame me. :)

i just picked up the VE and VT, and they ain't all that.

i was upset that they didn't included some things such as a gunpod(which they left the slot on the arm for), missles packs(which they put in the "pegs" on the wings for) and no extra hands(which doesn't cost jack).

all of which, could've fit in that giant ass box. <_<

i know, its not movie/TV accurate but i could give 2 s**ts about accuracy. if they really wanted to be accurate, they should've have never given the option to put missles on, hold a gunpod on the arm, or give them hands at all, right?

sadly, the only reason i picked them up was too to finish my 1/60 collection, but other than that, there was no need for me to pay MSRP for these.

also, if you're thinking about switching the FP off the super O to the 1D...forget about it.

the leg armor fits as it should, but the backpack doesn't hold the "clip" too well and it sits at a odd angle.

now, not to be a total hater but the QC on these aren't that bad.

first thing i noticed...the legs were nice and tight. this IMO, is one of the more important features they fixed. no flopping around or falling forward or backward due to weight. now, i can't say for sure so either, yamato made an improvement or i just got a really good set of them? :unsure:

they went back to the non-moving shoulders again. :( they made the improvement for the 1D which allowed more movement without popping the "shoulder slot" out, but unfortunately they did not incorporate the new "shoulder peg joint" design or....i got a bad set. :unsure:

the chest plate...

its rather simple problem to solve and you have 1 of 2 choices....

1) pull the front landing gear down a little, then push the chest plate down, no disassembly

2) you have to take the nose/chestplate apart and straighten the metal glide plate.

for those of you that have no desire to "fix" a $80- toy....don't buy them.

okay so that all being said....

i'd give these a 7 out of 10.

if you're a completist, obviously get them.

if you just want them, then hold off until retailers have to clear out their inventory for a better price.

if you plan to get them just to leave them in fighter mode....get a model. it'll look more accurate and be a whole lot cheaper.

Any pics???? I want to see what they look like in Battroid mode.

macross_fanboy,

there are plenty of pics of both the VE and VT in the toy section.

use the "search" function as i don't wanna eat up space on the servers for pics that already exist.

sorry man :(

• 5 weeks later...
i know, its not movie/TV accurate but i could give 2 s**ts about accuracy. if they really wanted to be accurate, they should've have never given the option to put missles on, hold a gunpod on the arm, or give them hands at all, right?

Wouldn't that have called for new molds and, subsequently, more cost being passed on to you and me? Or did they create an entirely new wing mold already for the little antennae jobbies on the wing tips? I don't disagree that including the same extras the other Valks got would've been adequate and proper, but your suggestion for an alternative might have us all paying more for less. :p

Edited by Draykov